2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow 35/55 are forsure attending. That is high

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody else get an email saying t"You have not submitted an application for this upcoming term"? I can see them in my AMCAS and got a confirmation email over a month ago about my app being complete. I hope they didnt lose it :lame:
That email came from the SHU graduate office, right? I'm pretty sure it's Seton Hall sending something because you used their FAFSA code, not the med school. I wouldn't worry. I was accepted last week and got the email this morning too.

That email came from the SHU graduate office, right? I'm pretty sure it's Seton Hall sending something because you used their FAFSA code, not the med school. I wouldn't worry. I was accepted last week and got the email this morning too.
Ohhhh ok. I was low key hoping they didnt get my app and that would explain no II yet. Looks like its just cuz of my trash app :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ohhhh ok. I was low key hoping they didnt get my app and that would explain no II yet. Looks like its just cuz of my trash app :laugh:
Your app was not trash!! Who gets an interview is super random and there a ton of factors at play. Plus, 2,000 people applied for ~150 interviews. That’s less than a 10% interview rate.

I tried contacting the admissions multiple times (left a message), during different weeks, but they never got back to me! Are they like this to me or is it that they are to busy to return calls?

Yes- that make senses- they were at 45 when I last wrote in - I guess then it was 45 acceptances - makes sense that it’s now 55. I guess I’m not getting a II this late in the game. If you are correct and they gave 55 offers, does that mean that 20 declined?

Just to clarify. My suspicion is that when they say "confirmed", they mean that 35 admitted students sent in their deposits.

Just to clarify. My suspicion is that when they say "confirmed", they mean that 35 admitted students sent in their deposits.
I wonder what the likelihood of any of them dropping is? With waitlist movement pretty slow this cycle and projected to pick up in the upcoming weeks I feel like they’re going to have to overaccept unless they’re gonna start a waitlist. But then again, I don’t think that deposit is refundable so who knows

I wonder what the likelihood of any of them dropping is? With waitlist movement pretty slow this cycle and projected to pick up in the upcoming weeks I feel like they’re going to have to overaccept unless they’re gonna start a waitlist. But then again, I don’t think that deposit is refundable so who knows
Not to be contrarian but out of general curiousity, how do we know the waitlist movement has been slow/will pick up soon? Thank you!

Not to be contrarian but out of general curiousity, how do we know the waitlist movement has been slow/will pick up soon? Thank you!
By comparing movement this year to previous years. Many think the adcom meeting that happened during the week of traffic day is what’s causing backlog along with the fact that people are still holding onto multiple acceptances at this time from WLs.

General trends over the years show that the majority of WL movement was in the month of may with a lot in the first few weeks. With adcoms supposedly being a week or so behind, it may ‘pick’ up later in the month. The next biggest movement is in the start of June but that’s may be pushed back too

By comparing movement this year to previous years. Many think the adcom meeting that happened during the week of traffic day is what’s causing backlog along with the fact that people are still holding onto multiple acceptances at this time from WLs.

General trends over the years show that the majority of WL movement was in the month of may with a lot in the first few weeks. With adcoms supposedly being a week or so behind, it may ‘pick’ up later in the month. The next biggest movement is in the start of June but that’s may be pushed back too
Thanks for explaining!! Like a lot of folks here, I'm on multiple waitlists and don't have an acceptance yet so this is super helpful information!!

Reactions: 1 users
I made the interview and was only 30 minutes late.

School and faculty are amazing, I appreciate the invitation.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got an interview here for next teusday
i’m so confused
what is going on
is this just for a waitlist spot

just got an interview here for next teusday
i’m so confused
what is going on
is this just for a waitlist spot
A spot must have opened up.
I haven’t heard of any waitlist yet. People on here were estimating that shu will need to accept 75-100 to fill the class and it was mentioned that they gave out 55 acceptances thus far. Im sure you will have a decent shot

I emailed them a few days ago asking if all the interview slots were full and if they planned on sending more invites. They replied back today saying "Good afternoon. We expect to continue reviewing applications and scheduling interviews for about the next 2 weeks. Thank you". Not sure if it means they actually have spots open or if they are just being vague about it, but hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
If the interview starts at 10:30 and you're getting to Laguardia at 10:08am. I'm betting money you missed the interview.

I personally flew into LGA and made it to my hotel near the school in ~40 min. This was not rush hour granted.

A spot must have opened up.
I haven’t heard of any waitlist yet. People on here were estimating that shu will need to accept 75-100 to fill the class and it was mentioned that they gave out 55 acceptances thus far. Im sure you will have a decent shot

I emailed them a few days ago asking if all the interview slots were full and if they planned on sending more invites. They replied back today saying "Good afternoon. We expect to continue reviewing applications and scheduling interviews for about the next 2 weeks. Thank you". Not sure if it means they actually have spots open or if they are just being vague about it, but hope that helps!

So from my interview, they confirmed that there will be a waitlist formed. Acceptances will be given out from the Thursday (for Thursday II) or Wed (for Tues II) after your interview up until the first few weeks after classes start. One of the people at my interview also said that the admissions office told him that they’re planning on ending II by the end of this month and are trying to move around those that are scheduled in June. Take that with a grain of salt but there’s that info. All spots are full thus far and if the shifting June people up is true then that’ll be a packed interview day

So from my interview, they confirmed that there will be a waitlist formed. Acceptances will be given out from the Thursday (for Thursday II) or Wed (for Tues II) after your interview up until the first few weeks after classes start. One of the people at my interview also said that the admissions office told him that they’re planning on ending II by the end of this month and are trying to move around those that are scheduled in June. Take that with a grain of salt but there’s that info. All spots are full thus far and if the shifting June people up is true then that’ll be a packed interview day

They are planning to hand out the merit aid at the end of this month. my guess is that they want their class final and decided by the time that occurs.

As for the waitlist. my guess is that they are going to get very stiff with admissions near the end. Then they are going to hand out acceptances one-by-one until they are certain they will not overfill the class.

Just my suspicion though.

When you say spots are full, do you mean the class or interview spots?

They are planning to hand out the merit aid at the end of this month. my guess is that they want their class final and decided by the time that occurs.

As for the waitlist. my guess is that they are going to get very stiff with admissions near the end. Then they are going to hand out acceptances one-by-one until they are certain they will not overfill the class.

Just my suspicion though.
They said very few are going to get merit aid and it will be based on your amcas so I’m guessing people who most closely fit their mission will be ones to get merit aid but I could be wrong.

They also said that everyone should hear back within 2 weeks/end of may as waitlist, rejections and more acceptances will be sent out then. They said a few people have been waitlisted and rejected already

They said very few are going to get merit aid and it will be based on your amcas so I’m guessing people who most closely fit their mission will be ones to get merit aid but I could be wrong.

While that is true, I would assume that they want to give everyone a chance at the aid.

Ranked or unranked waitlist? how many people will be on the waitlist?

@Squeaks - are there people in June spots?

While that is true, I would assume that they want to give everyone a chance at the aid.
I would think so too but the financial aid lady stated many times that there’s limited funds and “other scholarships will be need based and merit based, based on fafsa and amcas only to a select few..”

Ranked or unranked waitlist? how many people will be on the waitlist?
No idea but my theory is they’ll accept up until 55 agree to go then put others on the list or reject them. I’m thinking ranked and no more than the class size

Hey guys :) Does anyone remember where we should send thank you letters? I had assumed contacts for each faculty member would be online, but i can only find the general email address for admissions. Thanks for your help and good luck to all the prospective students. Whether it's here or another school, I'm confident it will work out for each of us:)

Do you remember you interviewers names? If so, send them to the SOM email and they said they would distribute them for you.

Well I was planning on writing an actual message, but I was super weary at the end of the day and forgot to write them down. Therefore I emailed the admissions email to get their full names and titles to be able to address them properly.

Well I was planning on writing an actual message, but I was super weary at the end of the day and forgot to write them down. Therefore I emailed the admissions email to get their full names and titles to be able to address them properly.
They told us that we should send emails to be forwarded to Hackensack doctors via the admissions emails but I'm not sure if they meant a literal email thank you note or more of a please express my gratitude type email

Well this was my first non-MMI interview, so I thought it was fairly standard to send thank you's to your two interviewers, rather than a simple gratitude letter. If they don't get back to me by Monday, I'll do the latter. It might be done that way to prevent biasing your interviewers, but I'm just speculating.

It seems like they slowed down on acceptances. Maybe they are waiting until after next week to see where the class stands.

It seems like they slowed down on acceptances. Maybe they are waiting until after next week to see where the class stands.
The committee only meets on thursdays so maybe that’s why? If what someone on here posted is right they’ve already filled over half the class so maybe they’re taking a break

When I talked to the assistant dean during the 5/10 interview, he said it would take around 2 weeks for them to get back to us.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile

The letter of acceptance states students must respond within 2 weeks to secure their spot. Since 55 offers have already been given, I assume they’re going to slow down since they can’t risk overaccepting.

Since the school is well-funded from the $100M scholarship donation, I am sure they are offering high stat applicants a lot of incentive to attend! And other students they accept, whether they want to attend due to location or this school being their only MD acceptance would allow the school to fill their inaugural class with definite attendees for the most part!

Anyone know if the upcoming cycle (2019 entering class) will have secondaries?

Anyone know if the upcoming cycle (2019 entering class) will have secondaries?
Yep most likely. This cycle also supposed to have secondary but because of time constraints this cycle didn't.

Hey! I missed a phone call from Dr. Stanton Friday welcoming me to the school, I was wondering if I should call or email back tomorrow or if that is not necessary.

Hey! I missed a phone call from Dr. Stanton Friday welcoming me to the school, I was wondering if I should call or email back tomorrow or if that is not necessary.
Well she just asked if we had any questions, so it's probably not necessary to call or email back unless you have a pressing concern.

Anyone who interviewed on May 8th hear back?