You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted787552
How long do they give you to decide?After a really hard decision since I got off the waitlist at a school closer to home, I just withdrew my acceptance this morning. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just 7 days, so I lost my depositHow long do they give you to decide?
Can someone in the Facebook group comment on how many members there are. Thanks!
~45Can someone in the Facebook group comment on how many members there are. Thanks!
Log into Facebook | Facebook^ is there a Facebook group for accepted students? Can someone post the link?
I don’t know for sure but I imagine a lot may change in the next few weeks if people end up denying the acceptance!From the fb page, I found a few 5/10 interviewees who are in there. Do any of you know if they call you later than that Friday after or they do not recycle people.
D
deleted787552
I wonder how likely that’ll be. Many of the people left at this point are the ones who don’t have another acceptance. I think they’ll have their final class by the end of next week or the week after and stick everyone else on the WL/reject themI don’t know for sure but I imagine a lot may change in the next few weeks if people end up denying the acceptance!
Some people might get off waitlists elsewhere though ☺️ I interviewed yesterday and some candidate said they had offers elsewhere and were going to decide based on financial aid, which would come out shortly after they accepted the offerI wonder how likely that’ll be. Many of the people left at this point are the ones who don’t have another acceptance. I think they’ll have their final class by the end of next week or the week after and stick everyone else on the WL/reject them
Did they say anything about a waitlist at your interview?Some people might get off waitlists elsewhere though ☺️ I interviewed yesterday and some candidate said they had offers elsewhere and were going to decide based on financial aid, which would come out shortly after they accepted the offer
D
deleted787552
They did at mine. They said by the end of the monthish if we're not accepted we'll be waitlisted/rejected. They also said it in a way that implied they'll be going out around the same time. It'll probably be by emailDid they say anything about a waitlist at your interview?
D
deleted787552
True. At mine only one guy had an acceptance and everyone called him out on it the moment he walked in through the door lol. Everyone else was on a WLSome people might get off waitlists elsewhere though ☺️ I interviewed yesterday and some candidate said they had offers elsewhere and were going to decide based on financial aid, which would come out shortly after they accepted the offer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True. At mine only one guy had an acceptance and everyone called him out on it the moment he walked in through the door lol. Everyone else was on a WL
I think we were the same interview day lmao
I was on a different interview but at least one person outright told me.How did everyone know he had any acceptance somewhere else?
Just received an update email that I should be notified by the end of next week about a decision. Sounds ominous but I’m keeping the faith, lol. Interviewed in April
+1Just received an update email that I should be notified by the end of next week about a decision. Sounds ominous but I’m keeping the faith, lol. Interviewed in April
+1
Just received an update email that I should be notified by the end of next week about a decision. Sounds ominous but I’m keeping the faith, lol. Interviewed in April
D
deleted787552
Several of them had been to interviews at the same schools so I'm guessing the guy shared it with them. It was awkward and they guy looked embarrassed for being called outHow did everyone know he had any acceptance somewhere else?
D
deleted787552
Last week?I think we were the same interview day lmao
D
deleted787552
Just received an update email that I should be notified by the end of next week about a decision. Sounds ominous but I’m keeping the faith, lol. Interviewed in April
+ 4 I guess. I wonder if it's like some other schools where they send out certain emails to groups of people as a way to differentiate between who's gonna be accepted/WL/rejected
I think they have sent out there initial 55 to satisfy the AAMC requirements. From here they will complete their interviews and start accepting people from the entire pool of candidates to fill empty slots of people who have withdrawn. I wouldn't worry tbh.
in that case is getting an email good or bad? i cant tell anymore lol+ 4 I guess. I wonder if it's like some other schools where they send out certain emails to groups of people as a way to differentiate between who's gonna be accepted/WL/rejected
D
deleted787552
Peak neuroticism man. The way I see it if everyone gets it, it's good. If only a handful get it, it could be eitherin that case is getting an email good or bad? i cant tell anymore lol
D
deleted787552
I wonder if this means they're gonna start rejecting people soon too.I think they have sent out there initial 55 to satisfy the AAMC requirements. From here they will complete their interviews and start accepting people from the entire pool of candidates to fill empty slots of people who have withdrawn. I wouldn't worry tbh.
The adcom said there are still slots left at my interview yesterdayI think they have sent out there initial 55 to satisfy the AAMC requirements. From here they will complete their interviews and start accepting people from the entire pool of candidates to fill empty slots of people who have withdrawn. I wouldn't worry tbh.
D
deleted787552
Did you ask the thoracic surgeon guy? No one else could really tell us anything about it and I think he's the one in charge of the committeeThe adcom said there are still slots left at my interview yesterday
Last edited by a moderator:
The adcom said there are still slots left at my interview yesterday
Slots from people who have withdrawn. Logically, it makes sense for them to complete interviews before handing out any additional acceptances, even though some have withdrawn. This email likely means that you will be competing against the entire pool of candidates for the remaining seats, for better or worse. Like others have said there will be some turnover as things progress.
(note: pure intuition, no real facts)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The dean was the one who said thisDid you ask the thoracic surgeon guy? No one else could really tell us anything about it and I think he's the one in charge of the committee
D
deleted787552
Maybe but I’m sure they’ve already divided up many of the applicants from early interviews into rejection/WL/more review piles so the pool is probably much lower in number.Slots from people who have withdrawn. Logically, it makes sense for them to complete interviews before handing out any additional acceptances, even though some have withdrawn. This email likely means that you will be competing against the entire pool of candidates for the remaining seats, for better or worse. Like others have said there will be some turnover as things progress.
(note: pure intuition, no real facts)
Classes begin in 46 days which is super early compared to other schools. This will affect waitlist movement because once you matriculate here and attend classes, other schools can’t ‘poach’ you since it goes against AAMC rules.
I predict there being movement for about 10-12 spots, since there a quite a few accepted OOS who might get off waitlists elsewhere at more established/closer schools.
Best of luck to those still waiting, I wish you the best and hope everything works out ☺️
I predict there being movement for about 10-12 spots, since there a quite a few accepted OOS who might get off waitlists elsewhere at more established/closer schools.
Best of luck to those still waiting, I wish you the best and hope everything works out ☺️
lol yepLast week?
Has anyone who's been on recent interviews heard confirmation that they're definitely not interviewing into June?
Interviewed last week and one of the staff said that interviews will continue for "the next couple weeks" which I take to mean today's group is the final cohort.Has anyone who's been on recent interviews heard confirmation that they're definitely not interviewing into June?
Also got the "you'll hear next week" email. Kinda bummed out everyone from my II date on basically had no shot at an outright acceptance and were probably automatically lumped into the "let's see how many spots are left" review. Am actually really interested in this school but will be withdrawing if it's a WL.
D
deleted787552
That's so soon! Most movement doesn't happen in July though so I don't know if that much movement will happen especially since WL movement seems so slow this cycleClasses begin in 46 days which is super early compared to other schools. This will affect waitlist movement because once you matriculate here and attend classes, other schools can’t ‘poach’ you since it goes against AAMC rules.
I predict there being movement for about 10-12 spots, since there a quite a few accepted OOS who might get off waitlists elsewhere at more established/closer schools.
Best of luck to those still waiting, I wish you the best and hope everything works out ☺️
D
deleted787552
If this is the last cohort then that means they ended up interviewing less people right. I think the original number someone calculated was around 250ish. If the last 2 weeks aren't being full then that's around 70 less people to compete against for spots I guessInterviewed last week and one of the staff said that interviews will continue for "the next couple weeks" which I take to mean today's group is the final cohort.
Also got the "you'll hear next week" email. Kinda bummed out everyone from my II date on basically had no shot at an outright acceptance and were probably automatically lumped into the "let's see how many spots are left" review. Am actually really interested in this school but will be withdrawing if it's a WL.
I feel ya man. Part of me wishes I could've gone in April
Yeah it was originally going to be ~250 (248 with a few days having an extra person or two) but Memorial Day week wasn't scheduled to begin with. so only 2 x 16 = 32 interviewees less. Plus some interviewees didn't show up, so I'd guess they ended up interviewing around 210 or so. Word is exactly 55 accepts have been given out, which means the "second review" will basically be ~150 people for 10 -15 or so spots.If this is the last cohort then that means they ended up interviewing less people right. I think the original number someone calculated was around 250ish. If the last 2 weeks aren't being full then that's around 70 less people to compete against for spots I guess
I feel ya man. Part of me wishes I could've gone in April
Granted there well be some like myself that won't wait around on a prospective WL thus maybe the list of candidates interested in places that open up through June will be shorter.
D
deleted787552
I'm surprised some people didn't show up. Even if they didn't wouldn't the school fill their spots later on? So that could also be why there's a few extra people on each interview dayYeah it was originally going to be ~250 (248 with a few days having an extra person or two) but Memorial Day week wasn't scheduled to begin with. so only 2 x 16 = 32 interviewees less. Plus some interviewees didn't show up, so I'd guess they ended up interviewing around 210 or so. Word is exactly 55 accepts have been given out, which means the "second review" will basically be ~150 people for 10 -15 or so spots.
Granted there well be some like myself that won't wait around on a prospective WL thus maybe the list of candidates interested in places that open up through June will be shorter.
“The quality of students is amazing,” Garrett said.
He told the crowd at the annual meeting last week that, of the 2,000 applications, 25 percent were from New Jersey and 50 percent were women.
The school is very OOS friendly and I’m sure the stats are on the higher side because they can afford to give generous scholarships due to the 100M scholarship fund.
Murphy to attend May 30 ribbon-cutting for Hackensack Meridian/Seton Hall med school - ROI-NJ
He told the crowd at the annual meeting last week that, of the 2,000 applications, 25 percent were from New Jersey and 50 percent were women.
The school is very OOS friendly and I’m sure the stats are on the higher side because they can afford to give generous scholarships due to the 100M scholarship fund.
Murphy to attend May 30 ribbon-cutting for Hackensack Meridian/Seton Hall med school - ROI-NJ
D
deleted787552
Anyone hear anything? Today's supposed to be one of the days we hear back
Have an extremely attractive alternative offer, like I imagine a decent proportion of interviewees might share. Mainly interested in Seton Hall due to potential to be close to home and scholarships, if I'm WL'd even if I'm eventually getting in a scholarship isn't going to happen.Why wouldn’t you wait in the waitlist for Seton Hall?
Wednesdays and Fridays I think based on this past thread.Anyone hear anything? Today's supposed to be one of the days we hear back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
Wait so there were only 5 or less spots even before the group last week interviewed? Any idea how many acceptances in total Are expected to be sent out and how many are going to end up on the waitlist? When you say applicants with acceptances is that acceptances in general or to this school and what’re they supposed to hear about?Over 55 spots offered. Some declined or rescinded after accepting. 5 or less spots left. People who interviewed in last 2 weeks likely to be offered a few of those spots. Applicants with acceptances will likely hear June 1. Would like class filled by June 8. They are not expecting too much waitlist movement from other schools interfering at this point with their class. All interviewees were exceptional and could have easily been accepted. Spots offered now will be offered based on stats and interview. Waitlist for Seton Hall will be ranked after spots are filled but no more than 3 or 4 are expected to make it off waitlist. Good luck everyone.
well i guess things are not looking good for those of us who interviewed earlier and havent heard back.
D
deleted787552
Or really for anyone after a certain date I guess. That’s at least 70ish people fighting for less than 5 spots if we’re assuming there’s even that many leftwell i guess things are not looking good for those of us who interviewed earlier and havent heard back.
D
deleted787552
As for waitlist number, I have no idea but I also imagine this not to be too many as they know who has other acceptances and those that don’t. Hope this helps.
It sounds like it may be a disadvantage for those who have other acceptances
Out of curiosity, where are we getting all these numbers and stats from?