2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After a really hard decision since I got off the waitlist at a school closer to home, I just withdrew my acceptance this morning. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
After a really hard decision since I got off the waitlist at a school closer to home, I just withdrew my acceptance this morning. Good luck to everyone!
How long do they give you to decide?

anyone get immunization, piratenet email info and all that yet? I just got my background check thing yesterday.

Less than 7 weeks to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone in the Facebook group comment on how many members there are. Thanks!

^ is there a Facebook group for accepted students? Can someone post the link?

From the fb page, I found a few 5/10 interviewees who are in there. Do any of you know if they call you later than that Friday after or they do not recycle people.

From the fb page, I found a few 5/10 interviewees who are in there. Do any of you know if they call you later than that Friday after or they do not recycle people.
I don’t know for sure but I imagine a lot may change in the next few weeks if people end up denying the acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know for sure but I imagine a lot may change in the next few weeks if people end up denying the acceptance!
I wonder how likely that’ll be. Many of the people left at this point are the ones who don’t have another acceptance. I think they’ll have their final class by the end of next week or the week after and stick everyone else on the WL/reject them

I wonder how likely that’ll be. Many of the people left at this point are the ones who don’t have another acceptance. I think they’ll have their final class by the end of next week or the week after and stick everyone else on the WL/reject them
Some people might get off waitlists elsewhere though ☺️ I interviewed yesterday and some candidate said they had offers elsewhere and were going to decide based on financial aid, which would come out shortly after they accepted the offer

Some people might get off waitlists elsewhere though ☺️ I interviewed yesterday and some candidate said they had offers elsewhere and were going to decide based on financial aid, which would come out shortly after they accepted the offer
Did they say anything about a waitlist at your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say anything about a waitlist at your interview?
They did at mine. They said by the end of the monthish if we're not accepted we'll be waitlisted/rejected. They also said it in a way that implied they'll be going out around the same time. It'll probably be by email

Reactions: 1 users
True. At mine only one guy had an acceptance and everyone called him out on it the moment he walked in through the door lol. Everyone else was on a WL

Just received an update email that I should be notified by the end of next week about a decision. Sounds ominous but I’m keeping the faith, lol. Interviewed in April

Reactions: 2 users
How did everyone know he had any acceptance somewhere else?
Several of them had been to interviews at the same schools so I'm guessing the guy shared it with them. It was awkward and they guy looked embarrassed for being called out

I think they have sent out there initial 55 to satisfy the AAMC requirements. From here they will complete their interviews and start accepting people from the entire pool of candidates to fill empty slots of people who have withdrawn. I wouldn't worry tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
+ 4 I guess. I wonder if it's like some other schools where they send out certain emails to groups of people as a way to differentiate between who's gonna be accepted/WL/rejected
in that case is getting an email good or bad? i cant tell anymore lol

I think they have sent out there initial 55 to satisfy the AAMC requirements. From here they will complete their interviews and start accepting people from the entire pool of candidates to fill empty slots of people who have withdrawn. I wouldn't worry tbh.
I wonder if this means they're gonna start rejecting people soon too.

The adcom said there are still slots left at my interview yesterday

Did you ask the thoracic surgeon guy? No one else could really tell us anything about it and I think he's the one in charge of the committee

Last edited:

Slots from people who have withdrawn. Logically, it makes sense for them to complete interviews before handing out any additional acceptances, even though some have withdrawn. This email likely means that you will be competing against the entire pool of candidates for the remaining seats, for better or worse. Like others have said there will be some turnover as things progress.

(note: pure intuition, no real facts)

Last edited:
Slots from people who have withdrawn. Logically, it makes sense for them to complete interviews before handing out any additional acceptances, even though some have withdrawn. This email likely means that you will be competing against the entire pool of candidates for the remaining seats, for better or worse. Like others have said there will be some turnover as things progress.

(note: pure intuition, no real facts)
Maybe but I’m sure they’ve already divided up many of the applicants from early interviews into rejection/WL/more review piles so the pool is probably much lower in number.

Classes begin in 46 days which is super early compared to other schools. This will affect waitlist movement because once you matriculate here and attend classes, other schools can’t ‘poach’ you since it goes against AAMC rules.
I predict there being movement for about 10-12 spots, since there a quite a few accepted OOS who might get off waitlists elsewhere at more established/closer schools.
Best of luck to those still waiting, I wish you the best and hope everything works out ☺️

Also received the email about hearing next week! At least I can have something to look to. So soon!

Has anyone who's been on recent interviews heard confirmation that they're definitely not interviewing into June?

Has anyone who's been on recent interviews heard confirmation that they're definitely not interviewing into June?
Interviewed last week and one of the staff said that interviews will continue for "the next couple weeks" which I take to mean today's group is the final cohort.

Also got the "you'll hear next week" email. Kinda bummed out everyone from my II date on basically had no shot at an outright acceptance and were probably automatically lumped into the "let's see how many spots are left" review. Am actually really interested in this school but will be withdrawing if it's a WL.

Classes begin in 46 days which is super early compared to other schools. This will affect waitlist movement because once you matriculate here and attend classes, other schools can’t ‘poach’ you since it goes against AAMC rules.
I predict there being movement for about 10-12 spots, since there a quite a few accepted OOS who might get off waitlists elsewhere at more established/closer schools.
Best of luck to those still waiting, I wish you the best and hope everything works out ☺️
That's so soon! Most movement doesn't happen in July though so I don't know if that much movement will happen especially since WL movement seems so slow this cycle

Interviewed last week and one of the staff said that interviews will continue for "the next couple weeks" which I take to mean today's group is the final cohort.

Also got the "you'll hear next week" email. Kinda bummed out everyone from my II date on basically had no shot at an outright acceptance and were probably automatically lumped into the "let's see how many spots are left" review. Am actually really interested in this school but will be withdrawing if it's a WL.
If this is the last cohort then that means they ended up interviewing less people right. I think the original number someone calculated was around 250ish. If the last 2 weeks aren't being full then that's around 70 less people to compete against for spots I guess

I feel ya man. Part of me wishes I could've gone in April

If this is the last cohort then that means they ended up interviewing less people right. I think the original number someone calculated was around 250ish. If the last 2 weeks aren't being full then that's around 70 less people to compete against for spots I guess

I feel ya man. Part of me wishes I could've gone in April
Yeah it was originally going to be ~250 (248 with a few days having an extra person or two) but Memorial Day week wasn't scheduled to begin with. so only 2 x 16 = 32 interviewees less. Plus some interviewees didn't show up, so I'd guess they ended up interviewing around 210 or so. Word is exactly 55 accepts have been given out, which means the "second review" will basically be ~150 people for 10 -15 or so spots.

Granted there well be some like myself that won't wait around on a prospective WL thus maybe the list of candidates interested in places that open up through June will be shorter.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it was originally going to be ~250 (248 with a few days having an extra person or two) but Memorial Day week wasn't scheduled to begin with. so only 2 x 16 = 32 interviewees less. Plus some interviewees didn't show up, so I'd guess they ended up interviewing around 210 or so. Word is exactly 55 accepts have been given out, which means the "second review" will basically be ~150 people for 10 -15 or so spots.

Granted there well be some like myself that won't wait around on a prospective WL thus maybe the list of candidates interested in places that open up through June will be shorter.
I'm surprised some people didn't show up. Even if they didn't wouldn't the school fill their spots later on? So that could also be why there's a few extra people on each interview day

Anyone hear anything? Today's supposed to be one of the days we hear back

Why wouldn’t you wait in the waitlist for Seton Hall?
Have an extremely attractive alternative offer, like I imagine a decent proportion of interviewees might share. Mainly interested in Seton Hall due to potential to be close to home and scholarships, if I'm WL'd even if I'm eventually getting in a scholarship isn't going to happen.

Anyone hear anything? Today's supposed to be one of the days we hear back
Wednesdays and Fridays I think based on this past thread.

Over 55 spots offered. Some declined or rescinded after accepting. 5 or less spots left. People who interviewed in last 2 weeks likely to be offered a few of those spots. Applicants with acceptances will likely hear June 1. Would like class filled by June 8. They are not expecting too much waitlist movement from other schools interfering at this point with their class. All interviewees were exceptional and could have easily been accepted. Spots offered now will be offered based on stats and interview. Waitlist for Seton Hall will be ranked after spots are filled but no more than 3 or 4 are expected to make it off waitlist. Good luck everyone.
Wait so there were only 5 or less spots even before the group last week interviewed? Any idea how many acceptances in total Are expected to be sent out and how many are going to end up on the waitlist? When you say applicants with acceptances is that acceptances in general or to this school and what’re they supposed to hear about?

well i guess things are not looking good for those of us who interviewed earlier and havent heard back.

well i guess things are not looking good for those of us who interviewed earlier and havent heard back.
Or really for anyone after a certain date I guess. That’s at least 70ish people fighting for less than 5 spots if we’re assuming there’s even that many left

As for waitlist number, I have no idea but I also imagine this not to be too many as they know who has other acceptances and those that don’t. Hope this helps.

It sounds like it may be a disadvantage for those who have other acceptances