You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, mine was unkownHey guys, for those that got called for an acceptance was the caller ID: HackensackUMC
Doctor Miriam HoffmanFor those who interviewed, does anyone remember the name of the woman who presented about student wellness?
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we interviewed well over two weeks ago should we assume we are not going to be receiving an acceptance call? Based on reading this thread things are looking awfully bleak for us April interviewees who haven't heard back
If we interviewed well over two weeks ago should we assume we are not going to be receiving an acceptance call? Based on reading this thread things are looking awfully bleak for us April interviewees who haven't heard back
That's not necessarily true, they could still admit you on re review. But I would definitely get my re-app ready just in case if you aren't already admitted
Thank you for letting us know - it gives some hope to those that have not received II’s that we might get one. Congratulations on getting off the waitlist.Hey y'all I got an II about a week ago, will be canceling. OOS, LM ~68.
To those who accepted, did you just respond back to the email you received to confirm your acceptance offer..or do they want something more formal to be written and sent in the mail together with the deposit check?
They will email an offer letter with instructions
They will email an offer letter with instructions
Was there any award or financial aid information on the letter?
I was going to send an email confirming acceptance and say the date I mailed the check in the emailTo those who accepted, did you just respond back to the email you received to confirm your acceptance offer..or do they want something more formal to be written and sent in the mail together with the deposit check?
Alright cool. Same. ThanksI was going to send an email confirming acceptance and say the date I mailed the check in the email
Was there any award or financial aid information on the letter?
There will be another email with that information
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
How are we supposed to refer to this school now? Do we just call it Hackensack? SHU?
Congrats!!Accepted! Missed the call at work yesterday, no voicemail was left. They called back today to let me know. IS, LizzyM 73, first acceptance. Interviewed 5/3.
D
deleted787552
From a previous post, someone mentioned that the shu grad quota doesn't apply this year if that's what you meanDoes anyone who interviewed have an idea of the number of shu graduates that interviewed maybe during their day. I'm really curious if they're going to fill those 13-14 spots
8
880062
There has been multiple posts and emails confirming it during the app cycle. Im just basing off of that. I'll PM youFrom a previous post, someone mentioned that the shu grad quota doesn't apply this year if that's what you mean
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone who interviewed have an idea of the number of shu graduates that interviewed maybe during their day. I'm really curious if they're going to fill those 13-14 spots
I personally don’t recall any SHU undergrads/graduates at my interview.
At my interview on May 1st there were quite a few SHU undergrads and graduates.
So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like 

I am so sorry!!! I hope the weather improves soon!! would call them and send an email immediately! What part of the country are you located in? Would driving be a possibility? Could you ask the airline to get you on a red eye flight/early morning flight/flight from a nearby airport?So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like![]()
So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like![]()
The bright side is that the interview starts at 1030. Try as best possible to get a red eye flight or early morning. If flying into JFK or Newark, you can get to the school in 30 min .
So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like![]()
Also the interviews start around midday. So call ahead of time and possibly you can show for the interview at least.
Update flying into LaGuardia, 10;08am. Will try to reschedule for Thursday if possible. Otherwise I'm coming in hot. 
Best way to get to Newark from there? Train, bus? Taxi?

Best way to get to Newark from there? Train, bus? Taxi?
Update flying into LaGuardia, 10;08am. Will try to reschedule for Thursday if possible. Otherwise I'm coming in hot.
Best way to get to Newark from there? Train, bus? Taxi?
My guess is Uber.
Yes this is why you never take the last flight of the day brother .
Best part was that it wasn't the last flight of the evening. The last flight took off and left as scheduled. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
What weather issue was it? It can’t still be snowing over there right?Best part was that it wasn't the last flight of the evening. The last flight took off and left as scheduled. 😛
July 13thWould there be a white coat ceremony?
Hi, I've recently confirmed my intentions for Hackensack. I was wondering if anyone was interested in finding housing with me. I have been having a difficult time finding a good place to live affordably. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya my personal email. Thank you!
There is a housing group on fb!Hi, I've recently confirmed my intentions for Hackensack. I was wondering if anyone was interested in finding housing with me. I have been having a difficult time finding a good place to live affordably. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya my personal email. Thank you!
Do you mind posting the link? Thank youThere is a housing group on fb!
So what’s the concensus on if we do not hear back the Friday following our interview?? Like for someone (me lol) who interviews 5/1 and didn’t hear anything... what’s the deal with that person?
wondering about this as wellSo what’s the concensus on if we do not hear back the Friday following our interview?? Like for someone (me lol) who interviews 5/1 and didn’t hear anything... what’s the deal with that person?
I heard back 8 days exactly! Reading through posts by others if they interviewed on Tuesday they got in the following Wednesday, if they interviewed on Thursday they got in the next Friday. This is just my general observation, totally might not be the case!
If you didn’t hear back within this time frame, I would assume that they just put your application on hold, and will get back to you after they finish interviewing everyone. Don’t give up hope yet, the class isn’t full yet 🙂
If you didn’t hear back within this time frame, I would assume that they just put your application on hold, and will get back to you after they finish interviewing everyone. Don’t give up hope yet, the class isn’t full yet 🙂
How do you know the class isn’t full? Just curious.I heard back 8 days exactly! Reading through posts by others if they interviewed on Tuesday they got in the following Wednesday, if they interviewed on Thursday they got in the next Friday. This is just my general observation, totally might not be the case!
If you didn’t hear back within this time frame, I would assume that they just put your application on hold, and will get back to you after they finish interviewing everyone. Don’t give up hope yet, the class isn’t full yet 🙂
Hi, I've recently confirmed my intentions for Hackensack. I was wondering if anyone was interested in finding housing with me. I have been having a difficult time finding a good place to live affordably. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya my personal email. Thank you!
How do you know the class isn’t full? Just curious.
A recent "insider" said that about 45 had been admitted. I'm guessing they are close to 50 now.
D
deleted787552
So there’s around 10 spots left?! That’s also hoping that the spots for the seton grads were filled too otherwise it’ll be even less. I wonder if everyone else who’s still interviewing is basically just interviewing for a WL spot or is just going to be put on holdA recent "insider" said that about 45 had been admitted. I'm guessing they are close to 50 now.
Well people have and will withdraw.So there’s around 10 spots left?! That’s also hoping that the spots for the seton grads were filled too otherwise it’ll be even less. I wonder if everyone else who’s still interviewing is basically just interviewing for a WL spot or is just going to be put on hold
1. Seton Hall quota doesn't apply this year. Probably not next year either, as they're focused on putting together the best initial few classes first.A recent "insider" said that about 45 had been admitted. I'm guessing they are close to 50 now.
2. 50 acceptances probably means like 30-35 commits at best, even assuming the higher-than-average yield that some posters have proposed due to it being late in the cycle. Some interviewees I know of are so exceptional that I assume they're clearly hunting for scholarships, and if the financial package isn't strong they're not going to go. Then, some commits will withdraw if/when they get into a more preferable school WL.
3. I don't know how trustworthy the thirdhand account of an anonymous poster on SDN is, even if he/she is telling the truth as far as they are aware. Facts get lost in translation.
Source: interviewed recently.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted466839
Did anybody else get an email saying t"You have not submitted an application for this upcoming term"? I can see them in my AMCAS and got a confirmation email over a month ago about my app being complete. I hope they didnt lose
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted787552
1)What quota are you referring to? The shu grad one?1. Seton Hall quota doesn't apply this year. Probably not next year either, as they're focused on putting together the best initial few classes first.
2. 50 acceptances probably means like 30-35 commits at best, even assuming the higher-than-average yield that some posters have proposed due to it being late in the cycle. Some interviewees I know of are so exceptional that I assume they're clearly hunting for scholarships, and if the financial package isn't strong they're not going to go. Then, some commits will withdraw if/when they get into a more preferable school WL.
3. I don't know how trustworthy the thirdhand account of an anonymous poster on SDN is, even if he/she is telling the truth as far as they are aware. Facts get lost in translation.
Source: interviewed recently.
2) this makes me feel better. I’m guessing they’ll have to give out at least 1.5-2x more offers
They have parking on the street as soon as you enter the main campus.Interview here soon. Anyone know the best place to park?
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile
A faculty member from the SOM called accepted students to welcome them!How do you know the class isn’t full? Just curious.
They mentioned that 55 offers were given, but ~35 students confirmed they will be attending for sure. There will be movement for those 20 or so remaining spots. So if you interviewed or are waiting to interview, there are still seats that remain! Best of luck 😍
