2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, for those that got called for an acceptance was the caller ID: HackensackUMC

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we interviewed well over two weeks ago should we assume we are not going to be receiving an acceptance call? Based on reading this thread things are looking awfully bleak for us April interviewees who haven't heard back

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all I got an II about a week ago, will be canceling. OOS, LM ~68.

Reactions: 4 users
If we interviewed well over two weeks ago should we assume we are not going to be receiving an acceptance call? Based on reading this thread things are looking awfully bleak for us April interviewees who haven't heard back

That's not necessarily true, they could still admit you on re review. But I would definitely get my re-app ready just in case if you aren't already admitted

Hey y'all I got an II about a week ago, will be canceling. OOS, LM ~68.
Thank you for letting us know - it gives some hope to those that have not received II’s that we might get one. Congratulations on getting off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone from 5/3 interviews hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
To those who accepted, did you just respond back to the email you received to confirm your acceptance offer..or do they want something more formal to be written and sent in the mail together with the deposit check?

To those who accepted, did you just respond back to the email you received to confirm your acceptance offer..or do they want something more formal to be written and sent in the mail together with the deposit check?

They will email an offer letter with instructions

I was going to send an email confirming acceptance and say the date I mailed the check in the email

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Missed the call at work yesterday, no voicemail was left. They called back today to let me know. IS, LizzyM 73, first acceptance. Interviewed 5/3.

Reactions: 4 users
How are we supposed to refer to this school now? Do we just call it Hackensack? SHU?

Does anyone who interviewed have an idea of the number of shu graduates that interviewed maybe during their day. I'm really curious if they're going to fill those 13-14 spots
From a previous post, someone mentioned that the shu grad quota doesn't apply this year if that's what you mean

From a previous post, someone mentioned that the shu grad quota doesn't apply this year if that's what you mean
There has been multiple posts and emails confirming it during the app cycle. Im just basing off of that. I'll PM you

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone who interviewed have an idea of the number of shu graduates that interviewed maybe during their day. I'm really curious if they're going to fill those 13-14 spots

I personally don’t recall any SHU undergrads/graduates at my interview.

At my interview on May 1st there were quite a few SHU undergrads and graduates.

Has anyone actually gotten access to the their loans after sending a deposit yet?

So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like :help:

So.....what happens if my flight gets canceled due to weather......sitting here on the tarmac the night before my interview.....like :help:
I am so sorry!!! I hope the weather improves soon!! would call them and send an email immediately! What part of the country are you located in? Would driving be a possibility? Could you ask the airline to get you on a red eye flight/early morning flight/flight from a nearby airport?

The bright side is that the interview starts at 1030. Try as best possible to get a red eye flight or early morning. If flying into JFK or Newark, you can get to the school in 30 min .

Also the interviews start around midday. So call ahead of time and possibly you can show for the interview at least.

Update flying into LaGuardia, 10;08am. Will try to reschedule for Thursday if possible. Otherwise I'm coming in hot. :flame:

Best way to get to Newark from there? Train, bus? Taxi?

Yes this is why you never take the last flight of the day brother .

Hi, I've recently confirmed my intentions for Hackensack. I was wondering if anyone was interested in finding housing with me. I have been having a difficult time finding a good place to live affordably. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya my personal email. Thank you!

Hi, I've recently confirmed my intentions for Hackensack. I was wondering if anyone was interested in finding housing with me. I have been having a difficult time finding a good place to live affordably. Feel free to PM me and I can give ya my personal email. Thank you!
There is a housing group on fb!

So what’s the concensus on if we do not hear back the Friday following our interview?? Like for someone (me lol) who interviews 5/1 and didn’t hear anything... what’s the deal with that person?

I heard back 8 days exactly! Reading through posts by others if they interviewed on Tuesday they got in the following Wednesday, if they interviewed on Thursday they got in the next Friday. This is just my general observation, totally might not be the case!
If you didn’t hear back within this time frame, I would assume that they just put your application on hold, and will get back to you after they finish interviewing everyone. Don’t give up hope yet, the class isn’t full yet :)

I heard back 8 days exactly! Reading through posts by others if they interviewed on Tuesday they got in the following Wednesday, if they interviewed on Thursday they got in the next Friday. This is just my general observation, totally might not be the case!
If you didn’t hear back within this time frame, I would assume that they just put your application on hold, and will get back to you after they finish interviewing everyone. Don’t give up hope yet, the class isn’t full yet :)
How do you know the class isn’t full? Just curious.

A recent "insider" said that about 45 had been admitted. I'm guessing they are close to 50 now.

A recent "insider" said that about 45 had been admitted. I'm guessing they are close to 50 now.
So there’s around 10 spots left?! That’s also hoping that the spots for the seton grads were filled too otherwise it’ll be even less. I wonder if everyone else who’s still interviewing is basically just interviewing for a WL spot or is just going to be put on hold

So there’s around 10 spots left?! That’s also hoping that the spots for the seton grads were filled too otherwise it’ll be even less. I wonder if everyone else who’s still interviewing is basically just interviewing for a WL spot or is just going to be put on hold
Well people have and will withdraw.

1. Seton Hall quota doesn't apply this year. Probably not next year either, as they're focused on putting together the best initial few classes first.
2. 50 acceptances probably means like 30-35 commits at best, even assuming the higher-than-average yield that some posters have proposed due to it being late in the cycle. Some interviewees I know of are so exceptional that I assume they're clearly hunting for scholarships, and if the financial package isn't strong they're not going to go. Then, some commits will withdraw if/when they get into a more preferable school WL.
3. I don't know how trustworthy the thirdhand account of an anonymous poster on SDN is, even if he/she is telling the truth as far as they are aware. Facts get lost in translation.

Source: interviewed recently.

Did anybody else get an email saying t"You have not submitted an application for this upcoming term"? I can see them in my AMCAS and got a confirmation email over a month ago about my app being complete. I hope they didnt lose it :lame:

Did anybody else get an email saying t"You have not submitted an application for this upcoming term"? I can see them in my AMCAS and got a confirmation email over a month ago about my app being complete. I hope they didnt lose

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Seton Hall quota doesn't apply this year. Probably not next year either, as they're focused on putting together the best initial few classes first.
2. 50 acceptances probably means like 30-35 commits at best, even assuming the higher-than-average yield that some posters have proposed due to it being late in the cycle. Some interviewees I know of are so exceptional that I assume they're clearly hunting for scholarships, and if the financial package isn't strong they're not going to go. Then, some commits will withdraw if/when they get into a more preferable school WL.
3. I don't know how trustworthy the thirdhand account of an anonymous poster on SDN is, even if he/she is telling the truth as far as they are aware. Facts get lost in translation.

Source: interviewed recently.
1)What quota are you referring to? The shu grad one?

2) this makes me feel better. I’m guessing they’ll have to give out at least 1.5-2x more offers

A faculty member from the SOM called accepted students to welcome them!
They mentioned that 55 offers were given, but ~35 students confirmed they will be attending for sure. There will be movement for those 20 or so remaining spots. So if you interviewed or are waiting to interview, there are still seats that remain! Best of luck :love: