2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are probably being very careful not to overadmit. They cannot have a single day where they given everyone they intend to admit an acceptance. They have to see who commits and who declines.

If I had to guess, I suspect more acceptances will go out next week when certain people take other waitlist spots.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what the research opportunities will look like here?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean "what they will look like"?
I know the hospital is heavily involved in cancer research but I didn't hear much about on-site research opportunities (clinical, basic/bench,etc.) that they may plan to set up. Maybe I missed something during my interview...

I know the hospital is heavily involved in cancer research but I didn't hear much about on-site research opportunities (clinical, basic/bench,etc.) that they may plan to set up. Maybe I missed something during my interview...

As far as bench research is concerned, there is a few options. First there is access to any research at seton hall. There is also several floors of lab space in the medical school itself.

As far as clinical research, there are several hospitals with residents in that area so im guessing that's where the bulk of the opportunity is .

Reactions: 1 users

Well, according to ROI-NJ News, they published articles on May 30th and 31st 2018, which said the following:

"As of Wednesday, one research group from Hackensack Meridian Health has moved into the research space, with others set to join once the build-out is complete."

"Pecora said there already is one research group in the building, with at least 20 others slated to move-in in the near future.
The buildout of the labs and research space is still in the works, which is why they have not moved in yet, Pecora said.
But Pecora said CDI has commitments for a number of clinical research groups affiliated with the health system. They will focus in three areas: regenerative medicine, a myeloma institute, and cancer and infectious diseases, Pecora said."
-Dr. Andrew Pecora, chief innovation officer for Hackensack Meridian Health.

I don't have the ability to provide the link. Just copy/paste the quote into google.

The articles make the research sound great but looks like its not up at running just yet.

Last edited:
There's a research center that's right next to the building that they said they're working on partnering with so that may be the closest options.Other than that, it would be at the hospitals or afar

Well, according to ROI-NJ News, they published articles on May 30th and 31st 2018, which said the following:

"As of Wednesday, one research group from Hackensack Meridian Health has moved into the research space, with others set to join once the build-out is complete."

"Pecora said there already is one research group in the building, with at least 20 others slated to move-in in the near future.
The buildout of the labs and research space is still in the works, which is why they have not moved in yet, Pecora said.
But Pecora said CDI has commitments for a number of clinical research groups affiliated with the health system. They will focus in three areas: regenerative medicine, a myeloma institute, and cancer and infectious diseases, Pecora said."
-Dr. Andrew Pecora, chief innovation officer for Hackensack Meridian Health.

I don't have the ability to provide the link. Just copy/paste the quote into google.

The articles make the research sound great but looks like its not up at running just yet.
Thanks, super helpful!

I wonder if they finally will get back to everyone today.

Did everyone end up getting the email? Anyone who didn’t?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the inadvertent high alert. I was asking about the email from 2 weeks ago.

I think since those accepted have until today to decide I think they will send out more invites depending on how many open seats there are starting tomorrow
True. I forgot about that. There’s still 47 people on the FB page even though new people joined so I guess people are giving up acceptances even now

There are people who have been accepted waiting to get approved on the Facebook page. One of my friends who is accepted to Seton Hall and in the Facebook group said everyone is pretty committed at this time as most don't have other acceptances. Trying to remain hopeful though.
Welp I guess we gotta keep hoping. There were new people who were accepted last week that were added to the group but the net total remained 47 (from previous weeks) so that means at least a couple of people dropped right

I noticed that too. I just want to know either way at this point so I can move on - I have already reapplied for thus next cycle - going to start prewriting my secondaries.
Same man. The uncertainty is so unreal. I’m craving some sort of end to this. Also working on reapplying but I guess I need the hope for this cycle to die before I can fully commit

Rejected. Interviewed 5/10. LM 69 OOS Missouri

Didn't receive anything either, maybe accepted and they will start calling again??
Or they’re taking a break? People who got the email, was it personalized or basically a mass rejection email?

so if we havent heard anything is that a good or bad thing?

Rejected from Hacky sack meridian school of medicine.

WL as well. Do you guys think they'll even get through their waitlist? Are there really any seats left?

Even thought I had sent them an email to withdraw my application two weeks ago(which they responded too), I got a waitlist email lol

Reactions: 1 users
Still got nothing. Wondering if I’m set for the chopping block later on