2020-2021 Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did those of you who already sent your final transcripts get an email reminder just now to send your transcripts? I'm wondering if this email was sent to everyone or not because I sent my transcripts weeks ago and got the email. Thanks.
Yes, same. Unless they also need high school transcripts...
 
I am confused! Interviewed in February. I responded to email saying I was still interested 2 days ago and got the acceptance call (missed it) and email yesterday. But I never got on a waitlist at all! What the heck, Hackensack?! I am OOS. Gonna attend another school that actually had their crap together!
 
Same! Were you able to figure it out how to pay it?

I believe it is just the $100 deposit you pay when you accept the offer of admission.
I have no clue. @mattyice4pres do you know where in the portal it is? If it's still there for you can you possibly send a screenshot? When I go to the portal it just shows my secondary essays and the place to upload optional materials.
 
I have no clue. @mattyice4pres do you know where in the portal it is? If it's still there for you can you possibly send a screenshot? When I go to the portal it just shows my secondary essays and the place to upload optional materials.
The school will email you with a link to take the next steps. Once you follow that link , you will be able to pay the deposit.
 
Hey guys, how current do the titers have to be (they didn’t specify for varicella and Hep B, tho the IGRA has to be done after 1/1/21)? I have a varicella titer from 2016.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accecpted off the waitlist this morning! Can someone please confirm
1- do classes start July 12 or is that orientation?
2- they asked for the deposit a week from now so does that mean I have to CTE by then?
Sending good vibes to everyone else waiting! 🥰
Congrats! Orientation starts on July 12.
I believe you must pay the deposit asap to receive additional info and for the school to show up on amcas - but they will email you the specific CTE deadline based on your acceptance.
 
hi do people know if we need to submit our physical/immunizations forms by June 20 or June 30? Seeing conflicting info thanks
I'm going with June 30th because the place where it said June 20th said "Thursday June 20th" which doesn't exist this year 😅
And also we just got the paperwork in early June so June 30th seems more logical / fair in terms of turnaround time.

Understand if anyone wants to doublecheck/verify with the school but responsiveness hasn't been great as late (i imagine they're understandably inundated with waitlist management / class finalization stuff) so I'm going to stick with the June 30th date
 
Can anyone who has an A here clarify if you need to have the COVID vaccine to attend classes? As in, is it mandatory?
The immunization forms sent out June 3rd (the ones due June 30th) don't include the Covid Vaccine as one of the required immunizations. Not sure if they're going to roll out a requirement separately like some schools have announced (mostly thinking of undergrad announcements i've seen in the news) but as of yet, i don't see anything
 
Hey all, not sure this is the right venue for this but I live 10 minutes drive from HMSOM and will be starting medical school in NY this year, opening up a room in my house that I would love to rent to a fellow MS1.

Does anyone know of a HMSOM housing opportunities list or anything like that where I'd be allowed to post? (Alternatively, feel free to DM me for details on the room!)
 
Anyone get a call yesterday or today? My friend did but no callback yet so a little agonizing!!!

And folks who initially missed the call, how soon after did you get a callback?
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Does Hackensack allow for more letters than the three requirement? Currently, I can submit a letter from a nurse, research PI, and a science professor whom I TAed for. Should I send the other 2 professors' letters that are in my AMCAS along with my volunteer coordinator? Or will they read only 3 letters in total?
 
anyone still not have any decision from them? its june and when i called admissions, they say my application is “still being considered” but i don’t know if that means im on the waitlist or if im rejected lol
 
Last edited:
anyone still not have any decision from them? its june and when i called admissions, they say my application is “still being considered” but i don’t know if that means im on the waitlist or if im rejected lol
were you ever interviewed by them?

I think if you were not interviewed yet, it is safe to say that its pretty much an R. if you were interviewed and they stated the above, then there may be a slight chance at getting an offer if their yield is low. just my two cents. take with grain of salt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
were you ever interviewed by them?

I think if you were not interviewed yet, it is safe to say that its pretty much an R. if you were interviewed and they stated the above, then there may be a slight chance at getting an offer if their yield is low. just my two cents. take with grain of salt.
yeah interviewed in february i just wanted to see if anyone else was also in the same boat of no A/R/WL post-II, but ur right at this point almost 2 weeks after CTE chances are probably low
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations for where students tend to live? Any sites to use for off-campus housing?
Bloomfield/Nutley/Clifton is all closest to the school. I know a people in and around Rutherford too.
ipgnj.com -> they have several apartments around the area that are all similar-ish and very nice. A good number live at hillside gardens but it is a little expensive for what you get I think. Aside from IPG apartments, hillside, and random houses, I know a few people at 17 Lackawanna pl Bloomfield. If you are accepted definitely check the facebook chat as well or post, that's a good way to also get roommates.