You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Stony Brook University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew from waitlist today. Good luck all!
When did you get the email asking if you were still interested?Got off wait list today (Friday). Need to decide by Monday morning. E-mail asks if still interested, and then receive e-mail asking to call, and get acceptance on the call. Good luck to everyone..
Hi!
Congrats on your acceptances. Although both are great schools, I would hands down choose SB over Hofstra despite the scholarship/tuition difference. SB has been a medical school for like 45 years vs Hofstra 4-5 years. If you take a look at Hofstra's match list, the majority of students stay at Northwell for residency, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Also, the curriculum is very VERY different than most other schools and based on my friend's experiences there, are not really conducive to doing well on the USMLEs (rumors are that their step 1 average is very low compared to its caliber). Pros are Hofstra is in a better location, closer to NYC.
This isn't true at all... you don't need rumors to look up their step score average of a 236 compared to SB with a 233. I picked Hofstra over Stony very early on in the cycle for very obvious reasons. Not going to list them here, PM me if interested.
Friday (May 18) morning. I imagine they do a few at a time, right before they plan on accepting someone. In other words, they don't accept unless you say you are still interested.When did you get the email asking if you were still interested?
What's the name of the Facebook group? I could only find School of Dental Medicine's group for class of 2022..Found it! Thanks!
Official Stony Brook University School of Medicine Class of 2022What's the name of the Facebook group? I could only find School of Dental Medicine's group for class of 2022..
Is anyone going to pre-orientation?
I’m going to goIs anyone going to pre-orientation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure by any means, but I believe its filled, and only way spots will open are if currently enrolled students decide to drop their spot. Don't quote me on this though.Does anyone know if the class is filled already? I'm still anxiously waiting on the waitlist and am wondering if I should give up.
How do you find out it's filled? The admission committee wouldn't tell me anything 🙁I'm not sure by any means, but I believe its filled, and only way spots will open are if currently enrolled students decide to drop their spot. Don't quote me on this though.
They told us during an interview in Feb that the class was filled. Its been filled for a long time, only spots that open up are when people drop their acceptances and someone that gets taken from the waitlist.How do you find out it's filled? The admission committee wouldn't tell me anything 🙁
Congratulations! If only I can get the same news. How did you find out about the change to your application status? Did they email you or call you?Accepted off the waitlist today!! I'm so thrilled😉
I will be attending as an international student, if and only if the immigration service issues me a visa on time.
I hope you hear from them soon!Congratulations! If only I can get the same news. How did you find out about the change to your application status? Did they email you or call you?
I received an email saying that the Assistant Dean left me a message and I needed to call the admission office. They told me the acceptance on the phone.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
. I am just surprised that we have not seen much movement on this forum? This medical purgatory is not great for my health! LOL!