2017-2018 Stony Brook University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man the financial aid office/person here is the most unhelpful out of all the schools I've talked to. Pretty much told me on the phone that she has no idea whether I could declare for NYS residency during my 1st year and that I should ask someone else :lame:
I'm pretty sure you can become a NY resident after first year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And anyone know when we get aid packages?
We should get aid packages next week; they're really busy this week processing everything since all institutional aid apps are due this week. Last I was told when I was on campus was April 9th - 16th. They also said aid is some combination of need and merit. As for how much aid, I have no idea but they recommend you request an anticipated aid package when you send the institutional financial aid application in
 
Yes - that process isn't working for me. I thought I was the only one lol

Lol I registered for an account and tried to get the activation code through mobile text but account got locked so they now have to send me the code through paper mail...
 
Haaaiiii. Could someone who is attending second look be able to report back on whether any resources/bits of wisdom are given out re: housing/housemates?! Thank ya thank ya in advaaaaance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty late to this but I will be matriculating to the MSTP 🙂 Interviewed 2/14 Accepted Mid-marchish (official letter came by the end of march but the crew gave me a heads up it was on its way) Can't wait for the facebook group to be made so I can find some roomies! Anyone like chihuahuas (I have a sweet one named Sugar).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many people are accepted from their waitlist and when waitlist movement starts?
Here's the waitlist info from MSAR fwiw. And last year, WL movement started 2nd week of May.

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
~300
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
65
Waitlist procedures and information
Our process is on a rolling admissions cycle.
 
according to last years thread, they sent out an email asking if people were still interested in being on the WL before accepting them. Did anyone get something like this yet?
 
according to last years thread, they sent out an email asking if people were still interested in being on the WL before accepting them. Did anyone get something like this yet?
I got the post-interview WL offer late april. Have u not heard anything since interviewing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Excited waitlisted Canadian here! Totally enjoyed my interview day! Just reaching out to find out what the acceptance rate for Canadians off the waitlist? I am guessing that we are not OOS but International? Any hope is very much appreciated. Thanks!
 
Would like to know the same! Non-Canadian international on the waitlist here 🙁
I’ve been anxiously checking SDN since Monday...
 
Has anyone called to inquire about movement and/or their spot on the waitlist? Do you know if they are receptive to those types of calls?