2017-2018 Stony Brook University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man the financial aid office/person here is the most unhelpful out of all the schools I've talked to. Pretty much told me on the phone that she has no idea whether I could declare for NYS residency during my 1st year and that I should ask someone else :lame:
I'm pretty sure you can become a NY resident after first year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how much institutional/need-based aid Stony give?

Members don't see this ad :)
And anyone know when we get aid packages?
We should get aid packages next week; they're really busy this week processing everything since all institutional aid apps are due this week. Last I was told when I was on campus was April 9th - 16th. They also said aid is some combination of need and merit. As for how much aid, I have no idea but they recommend you request an anticipated aid package when you send the institutional financial aid application in

For the institutional aid app, did anyone have trouble obtaining the IRS transcript online?

For the institutional aid app, did anyone have trouble obtaining the IRS transcript online?
Yes - that process isn't working for me. I thought I was the only one lol

Yes - that process isn't working for me. I thought I was the only one lol

Lol I registered for an account and tried to get the activation code through mobile text but account got locked so they now have to send me the code through paper mail...

Haaaiiii. Could someone who is attending second look be able to report back on whether any resources/bits of wisdom are given out re: housing/housemates?! Thank ya thank ya in advaaaaance.

is anyone still waiting to hear back post-interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed MSTP in October -- I wonder why they haven't outright rejected me this is just depressing now :/
Still waiting from early February

Got the waitlist offer right now. Interviewed last day

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting from early February
ACCEPTED JUST NOWWW!!! Forget what I said lolol what a tripppp! MD only, not MSTP, but boy am I happy. See y'all in August ;)

just withdrew my acceptance from here, good luck to those waitlisted!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withrdrew, good luck to everyone waiting ot hear back!

Withdrew my offer, good luck to all on the waitlist. I hope one of you may be receiving good news very soon!!

Just withdrew acceptance! Good luck to you all!

Officially withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I'm pretty late to this but I will be matriculating to the MSTP :) Interviewed 2/14 Accepted Mid-marchish (official letter came by the end of march but the crew gave me a heads up it was on its way) Can't wait for the facebook group to be made so I can find some roomies! Anyone like chihuahuas (I have a sweet one named Sugar).

Does anyone know how many people are accepted from their waitlist and when waitlist movement starts?

Withdrew! I hope my acceptance goes to one of you lovely folks!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people are accepted from their waitlist and when waitlist movement starts?
Here's the waitlist info from MSAR fwiw. And last year, WL movement started 2nd week of May.

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
~300
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Waitlist procedures and information
Our process is on a rolling admissions cycle.

according to last years thread, they sent out an email asking if people were still interested in being on the WL before accepting them. Did anyone get something like this yet?

according to last years thread, they sent out an email asking if people were still interested in being on the WL before accepting them. Did anyone get something like this yet?
I got the post-interview WL offer late april. Have u not heard anything since interviewing?

I got the post-interview WL offer late april. Have u not heard anything since interviewing?
No, I have. But last year right after traffic day they emailed people who they were going to accept off the WL to make sure they were still interested at this point.

Withdrew my acceptance today to accept another school. Hope it goes to one of you guys :) Good luck everyone!

LONG time lurker, but made an account so I could reply to you. I got off the waitlist today, so I know there was some movement. Good luck to you!
Do you mind saying when you interviewed? Also did you recieve a call or email

Hi all! Excited waitlisted Canadian here! Totally enjoyed my interview day! Just reaching out to find out what the acceptance rate for Canadians off the waitlist? I am guessing that we are not OOS but International? Any hope is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Would like to know the same! Non-Canadian international on the waitlist here :(
I’ve been anxiously checking SDN since Monday...

Has anyone called to inquire about movement and/or their spot on the waitlist? Do you know if they are receptive to those types of calls?

Has anyone called to inquire about movement and/or their spot on the waitlist? Do you know if they are receptive to those types of calls?
I called on Monday. Barbara picked up and she didn’t disclose anything :( She basically told me to wait patiently...