-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Stony Brook University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you rejected pre or post-IIRejected, IS, complete in July. Honestly was surprised at how nice of an email it was.
7th week of waiting checking inAny one heard back recently post-II??
Accepted 2 hrs ago!!!!! Over the moon. Flipping first secondary I submitted. Interviewed week of 01/22.
Checked your post history and it’s clear you’ve had an amazing cycle. All your interviews were so late though, when did you submit your primary and what’s your LizzyM if you don’t mind me asking?Accepted 2 hrs ago!!!!! Over the moon. Flipping first secondary I submitted. Interviewed week of 01/22.
Congrats!!! Hope I can hear back soonAccepted 2 hrs ago!!!!! Over the moon. Flipping first secondary I submitted. Interviewed week of 01/22.

Does anyone know if becoming a NY State resident to get in-state tuition would make it harder to match back in CA?
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted today as well. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like?Waitlisted today. Interviewed Jan 22nd.
I accepted my WL offer today and they replied back to me saying that last year, 30% of matriculants were from the waitlist although wl mvmt doesn't start til late springWaitlisted today as well. Anyone know what the waitlist movement is like?
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
I got the same email today.I accepted my WL offer today and they replied back to me saying that last year, 30% of matriculants were from the waitlist although wl mvmt doesn't start til late spring
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Hopefully we make the cut!
Anyone know how often pre-clinical exams are, what the criteria are for election into AOA, and what Stony Brook's best departments are?
Thanks for being so thorough! Sorry if this is a dumb question but do they only take into account leadership experiences/research performed during medical school for the AOA or do they also factor in undergrad/post-bac stuff? Also what was your class schedule like during M1?So in regards to preclinical exams, I loved having our curriculum. The final for every unit, except for anatomy, were full NBME exams which are old USMLE step 1 questions. In my opinion this was essential because we did NOT waste time learning useless details that were not relevant to the USMLE. When it came down to studying for the USMLE, my whole class just had to review what they had previously learned because we basically used board-study materials during the units.
One of the cons of Stony Brook is that although we match extremely well, our home residency programs are not nearly as good as our medical school. Essentially, most people in Stony Brook hope to not stay for residency because we have better options coming out. So as far as best departments, none are really outstanding, but things might change with the building of the MART/cancer research building and children's hospital.
I was elected to AOA and to be elected you have to be part of the top quartile of the class. After that, they narrow down the list to 16% total by taking into account research, leadership, and if you have any beef with the administration (I know 3-4 people who were eligible but did not get AOA because they were not liked with the administration).
Aren't we supposed to hear back between 6-8 weeks? I will get in touch with them if I hadn't heard back by week 8.Did Stony Brook send out rejections all together or rolling? Interviewed in early January and no decision.....idk what to expect....
Contacted them on Monday and was told my application was still under reviewAren't we supposed to hear back between 6-8 weeks? I will get in touch with them if I hadn't heard back by week 8.

Guess there is nothing we can do for now then. That's tough.Contacted them on Monday and was told my application was still under review![]()
Do you know what percentage of people receive honors in 3rd year?
They said it can take up to 11 weeks to hear backhas anyone heard back from the week of Feb 26-Mar 2 interviews yet? I interviewed that week and have not heard back...
Does anybody know if there's a Facebook group for accepted students yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it is so hard to just wait..They said it can take up to 11 weeks to hear back
Wow, they are fast!! Congrats 😀 I interviewed that same week too i.e. the last week of interviews! Still waiting to hear back though...Accepted! Interviewed 2nd week of March.
Last edited:
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1st week of February! My FIRST acceptance ever! Never thought I would get into a U.S. medical school as an international student
Just accepted! Interviewed on 3/6, also my first acceptance!
Accepted! Yayyyy interviewed last week of FebWow, they are fast!! Congrats 😀 I interviewed that same week too i.e. the last week of interviews!
Congratss!Just accepted! Interviewed on 3/6, also my first acceptance!
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1st week of February! My FIRST acceptance ever! Never thought I would get into a U.S. medical school as an international student
Fellow international student matriculating here! Excited to get to know ya!
Anyone who interviewed in Feb and March not hear back yet? I wonder if this means not so good news for us...
what was your application like?Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1st week of February! My FIRST acceptance ever! Never thought I would get into a U.S. medical school as an international student
Interviewed late feb. No response. Last year, more acceptances went out in early april. So maybe its not over yet.Anyone who interviewed in Feb and March not hear back yet? I wonder if this means not so good news for us...
Is anybody bringing their families or significant other to second look?
There were only 6 of us but is anyone here from the 3/9 interview day here/ heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there fellow interviewee! I also interviewed on 3/9 and have not heard back yet.There were only 6 of us but is anyone here from the 3/9 interview day here/ heard back?
Was thinking about it but not sure - you?Is anybody bringing their families or significant other to second look?
Was thinking about it but not sure - you?
When I spoke to Nancy on the phone she said people typically come alone
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

Any one heard back recently post-II??
(Interviewed March 6, LM 73ish OOS)