2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hm... my student host is also a student interviewer and she said they interview on all days of the week. The week I interviewed, late sept, they had 3 interviews that week
Oops haha I guess my reasoning didn’t pan out :)

Members don't see this ad.

So how many students does tulane intervew then? 60 per week??how many per cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope those number are true because it sure doesnt look that way. Feel more like a thousand at this point.

The packet they gave us at the interview says something like “last year we interviewed about 500 people. We will do the same this year”

Reactions: 1 user
The packet they gave us at the interview says something like “last year we interviewed about 500 people. We will do the same this year”
Thanks and one more how many acceptance do they send?

Lol tomorrow makes 7 weeks since my interview. Starting to think a decision will never come:(

Reactions: 1 users
Is it true that the most recent interview dates they're sending out are in March now? According to their portal, I thought they only interviewed from Sept-Feb.

Forgot to post II last week! Dates are very late...into March. I will keep my spot for now, as someone suggested even these March dates will fill quickly.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the green check mark! Finally! I know this has been asked, but how long has it been taking from getting the green check to receive II or rejection? Thanks!
- complete 9/21

Just got the green check mark! Finally! I know this has been asked, but how long has it been taking from getting the green check to receive II or rejection? Thanks!
- complete 9/21

Pretty variable, I've had a green checkmark since July lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any luck calling with about your application status post-interview? I interviewed 10/6 and still haven't gotten a decision so was just wondering if calling would be worth it. Thank you!

Has anyone had any luck calling with about your application status post-interview? I interviewed 10/6 and still haven't gotten a decision so was just wondering if calling would be worth it. Thank you!

Same, I interviewed 10/6 and havent heard anything yet. I was debating calling them too!

Damn so no acceptances this week. That sucks :( I wonder if that’s going to delay even more.

Hey all. My interview is coming up next month and I signed up for a student host, but have yet to receive information about who I am staying with. For those who stayed with a host, how far out from your interview did you receive the information?

Hey all. My interview is coming up next month and I signed up for a student host, but have yet to receive information about who I am staying with. For those who stayed with a host, how far out from your interview did you receive the information?

About 2 weeks or so

Rejected today pre-II, can't say I am surprised since I submitted rather late (for Tulane) and my stats are nothing special (LizzyM 68). At least I can make my portal-checking routine one bookmark shorter! ;)

Last edited:
Rejected today pre-II, can't say I am surprised since I submitted rather late (for Tulane) and my stats are nothing special (LizzyM 69). At least I can make my portal-checking routine one bookmark shorter! ;)
how late is "late" if you don't mind us asking?

Rejected today pre-II, can't say I am surprised since I submitted rather late (for Tulane) and my stats are nothing special (LizzyM 69). At least I can make my portal-checking routine one bookmark shorter! ;)
What time were you rejected?

When did you get the green checkmark?

Does anyone know when second look is for Tulane this cycle? I'm trying to plan a trip ;)

Recently got a green checkmark

Are they gonna send an email with more info about interview day or is it just whatever info they have on their site?

Are they gonna send an email with more info about interview day or is it just whatever info they have on their site?

No more information, you get a schedule the morning of. I can tell you this: 1. Introduction with dean of admissions 2. patient simulation 3. traditional faculty interview 4. student panel 5. lunch with a student 6. tour

Do we know what the green check mean? I’ve had one forever

No more information, you get a schedule the morning of. I can tell you this: 1. Introduction with dean of admissions 2. patient simulation 3. traditional faculty interview 4. student panel 5. lunch with a student 6. tour

Thanks mate! How was the patient simulation? I understand you're probably not allowed to disclose details, but is there a good way to prep for it or do I just use common sense and make sure I'm not rude haha

Thanks mate! How was the patient simulation? I understand you're probably not allowed to disclose details, but is there a good way to prep for it or do I just use common sense and make sure I'm not rude haha

The latter. That was actually my favorite. The student lunch interview was my least favorite, just because it was awkward at times but it was a good conversation overall. Interview day was possibly the best one out of the other interviews I’ve been to.

The student interview was weird. It was super loud, and my student mumbled a lot so it was hard to hear them sometimes and it was pretty obvious most of the students were just there for the free food (I don't blame them). That said, they were extremely nice, and it was a good chance to talk with them about the school and get to know someone new.

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/20 or after heard back yet?

Reactions: 4 users
So excited to be interviewing here next week! Any advice?

complete august. green check mark idk when. been like this for almost 4 months