2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
10/2. Still no word!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interview here next month and signed up to stay with a student host. I have now been second guessing if I should just get a hotel or stay with the host. I can see pros and cons with both. Any suggestions?
I stayed with a student host and it really made the trip for me. Of course it wasn't ideal sleeping on his couch but the adrenaline on the morning of an interview should carry you regardless of sleep. I learned so much about the school and NOLA from him and was able to use that in my interview. I highly recommend it and I've heard of similar positive experiences from other people.

I've got a few hours to kill this afternoon. I'm bumming around the French quarter so if anyone interviewing tomorrow wants to meet up, shoot me a msg

I stayed with a student host and it really made the trip for me. Of course it wasn't ideal sleeping on his couch but the adrenaline on the morning of an interview should carry you regardless of sleep. I learned so much about the school and NOLA from him and was able to use that in my interview. I highly recommend it and I've heard of similar positive experiences from other people.
Thanks for the info! That helps.

Anyone care to venture an opinion whether it is too late to apply to Tulane for this cycle. I only now am realizing that Tulane is friendly to low GPA applicants, and would really like to apply if I can decide it will be worthwhile. But it seems like they have already filled up most of their interview calendar though...

Anyone care to venture an opinion whether it is too late to apply to Tulane for this cycle. I only now am realizing that Tulane is friendly to low GPA applicants, and would really like to apply if I can decide it will be worthwhile. But it seems like they have already filled up most of their interview calendar though...
I honestly don't think it's worth $100 at this point, but if you've got money to blow then go for it.

it you're strong enough it's maybe worth a shot? Idk I know on last years thread Tulane didn't even evaluate all the applications they received. They apparently sent an email at the end to some ppl saying "we ran out of time and didn't get to your app......" So if you're not someone that would cause them to push you to the front (super compelling story/urm) then I would think it's a waste of $100
then again...on another thread someone got an II at a school that previous rejected them in the same cycle (??) so literally anything is possible and if you have $$$ to throw around then just throw caution to the wind haha

edited because I lack reading comprehension skills and missed the part where you said you'd apply because they're low stat friendly

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
HOLY **** TULANE JUST ACCEPTED ME

In State, interviewed 9/27

Reactions: 16 users
Got waitlisted today ): Best of luck to the remaining 9/15 interviewees!

Email came at 10:48 incase anyone was looking for a pattern lol - I don’t think there is one!

Got waitlisted today ): Best of luck to the remaining 9/15 interviewees!

Email came at 10:48 incase anyone was looking for a pattern lol - I don’t think there is one!
+1 and got the e-mail at the same time. 09/28 interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
+5 9/27. Really hoping they show some love in May!

Seems like today was a mass release day. I'm extremely shocked and grateful to say I've been accepted! 9/15 squad!
My email was 920am Mountain time.
Best of luck to the rest out there and to all my people on the WL I'm truly pulling for y'all.

Reactions: 4 users
What is the interview here like? Is it open file or closed file? With student and faculty?

What is the interview here like? Is it open file or closed file? With student and faculty?

Chill.

Student interview is a bit awkward bc you're having lunch and being interviewed simultaneously but its very relaxed. They won't know anything about you

Faculty interview is also relaxed, however, they have your application but no GPA or MCAT.

The whole interview is awesome and it was my favorite. It's student run and really shows you how much Tulane values and trusts its own students. And many think that would be unorganized but it was actually really well done on my interview day. NOLA is awesome as well. Goodluck

OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!! I just finished ugly crying :laugh: Tulane was my number one school from the beginning of the cycle I still can’t believe it!!! :love: Interviewed 10/6!

Reactions: 13 users
Acceptance Range- got the email this afternoon. Interviewed 9/6.

Got my green checkmark on 11/6! At least they're looking at me now, right? o_O

Anyone still waiting to hear from an early October interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected today pre-II, LizzyM 74, OOS, complete 8/16. Good luck to the rest of you!

Sorry to hear that. Schools are still doing admissions stuff on the holiday?
Apparently so. I'm with you, I didn't expect anybody to be working today, but I guess not. Sort of made the rejection worse this morning because it was a surprise :/

I don't remember them saying anything about when we will hear back on decisions yesterday at the interview. Did anyone who interviewed this week get any indication when that will happen?

Got an email today about my interview next Thursday, and they said to consider bringing gym shoes for the tour. How long is this tour?!

Its not that bad. The campus is spread between 3 or 4 buildings in downtown. It takes about 5 or so minutes to walk between them. The tour lasted about 45 minutes and you're walking for a good chunk of that.

Its not that bad. The campus is spread between 3 or 4 buildings in downtown. It takes about 5 or so minutes to walk between them. The tour lasted about 45 minutes and you're walking for a good chunk of that.

Awesome thanks. They did kind of make it sound like a 2 hour hike, haha. 45 minutes with a bit of time outside sounds lovely compared to the dump of snow we just got here.

Awesome thanks. They did kind of make it sound like a 2 hour hike, haha. 45 minutes with a bit of time outside sounds lovely compared to the dump of snow we just got here.
I think it was more for the poor girls. Some of the girls that interviewed had rubbed their feet raw with their dress shoes

I don't remember them saying anything about when we will hear back on decisions yesterday at the interview. Did anyone who interviewed this week get any indication when that will happen?
I think it’s in that first packet that talks about how the interview day will go.

I think it’s in that first packet that talks about how the interview day will go.
The person that interviewed me gave me a time frame of 2-3 weeks to hear back, though the website says 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh Tulane, you are costing me serious cash on having to attend other interviews by not telling me if I'm accepted here

Reactions: 3 users