2017-2018 Tulane University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
acceptance range this morning interviewed 10/27
Can someone clarify what "acceptance range" actually means? In the email it said that it was an unranked waitlist but it sounds a lot like a waitlist to me.

If you are in the "acceptance range" is there a chance that you will not have a spot in the class? Is this a way for them to stagger their acceptances?

Will sending an LOI help move you from acceptance range to acceptance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically, acceptance range = waitlist.

They explained in our interviews that each applicant is rated on a numerical scale. If you're rated above a certain threshold, you're accepted. If you're within the "acceptance range" (literally a numerical range of numbers), you're notified as such. Below the acceptance range means you're rejected.

Can someone clarify what "acceptance range" actually means? In the email it said that it was an unranked waitlist but it sounds a lot like a waitlist to me.

If you are in the "acceptance range" is there a chance that you will not have a spot in the class? Is this a way for them to stagger their acceptances?

Will sending an LOI help move you from acceptance range to acceptance?
 
Basically, acceptance range = waitlist.

They explained in our interviews that each applicant is rated on a numerical scale. If you're rated above a certain threshold, you're accepted. If you're within the "acceptance range" (literally a numerical range of numbers), you're notified as such. Below the acceptance range means you're rejected.
So being in the acceptance range still could mean that you don't get in?
 
Agreed.

During the introduction presentation at my interview, they were saying that a majority of people offered an acceptance follow-through with it.

BUT...there's still a chance. Tulane, pls swipe right. Pls.
Yikes, Other threads make it seems as though a large percentage of tulane interviewees get acceptances. Did they mention anything about percentage at your interview day? At mine they did not talk about this.
 
Yikes, Other threads make it seems as though a large percentage of tulane interviewees get acceptances. Did they mention anything about percentage at your interview day? At mine they did not talk about this.

66% post interview acceptance.

I’m nervously waiting for my fate. It’s one of my top schools
 
66% post interview acceptance.

I’m nervously waiting for my fate. It’s one of my top schools
Let’s hope this stat pulls through. I’ll be rooting for you. This is my top choice even ahead of my state school so I hope I get an acceptance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While the 66% post interview acceptance rate thing is true, this 66% is for ALL acceptances, including those who get off the waitlist.

Also, I think that MSAR gives an indirect indication of movement in that the accepted MCAT median is 511 and the matriculated was 509.
 
after reading through last years thread it seems as though they accepted alot of people and waitlisted very few.
does anyone know how sending in a letter of intent is viewed here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea its not much. Nutrigrain bars, water and coffee. I'd suggest eating a good breakfast because you're gonna be walking quite a bit before lunch.
 
I wonder if we'll still be doing a lot of walking outside tomorrow since its supposed to rain all day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do either of you know if they're providing breakfast tomorrow? I thought they might if we have to be there at 8 but wasn't sure

Yeah eat a hearty breakfast. The nutrigrain bars aren't going to do it if you're normally a breakfast eater. I was starving by the time lunch came around, and the student interview takes places over lunch. So you might feel awkward about eating or whatever.
 
Yeah eat a hearty breakfast. The nutrigrain bars aren't going to do it if you're normally a breakfast eater. I was starving by the time lunch came around, and the student interview takes places over lunch. So you might feel awkward about eating or whatever.
Haha I went hard the day prior trying every food that NOLA was famous for such as gumbo, po-boys, district donuts, and beignets. By interview day my stomach was not very pleased with me so the nutrigrain bar was sufficient.
 
Haha I went hard the day prior trying every food that NOLA was famous for such as gumbo, po-boys, district donuts, and beignets. By interview day my stomach was not very pleased with me so the nutrigrain bar was sufficient.

That sounds amazing. If I get a Tulane interview, I'm definitely getting a few days off from work before and after the interview to give myself a mini-vacation. Completed 9/26 with a 66 LM
 
Ive been sitting on a green check mark since July. Have people had any success with calling admissions to ask about application review status?