2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
acceptance range this morning interviewed 10/27
Can someone clarify what "acceptance range" actually means? In the email it said that it was an unranked waitlist but it sounds a lot like a waitlist to me.

If you are in the "acceptance range" is there a chance that you will not have a spot in the class? Is this a way for them to stagger their acceptances?

Will sending an LOI help move you from acceptance range to acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today. Complete 9/8, green check mark 11/06.

Good luck to everyone else.

Basically, acceptance range = waitlist.

They explained in our interviews that each applicant is rated on a numerical scale. If you're rated above a certain threshold, you're accepted. If you're within the "acceptance range" (literally a numerical range of numbers), you're notified as such. Below the acceptance range means you're rejected.

Can someone clarify what "acceptance range" actually means? In the email it said that it was an unranked waitlist but it sounds a lot like a waitlist to me.

If you are in the "acceptance range" is there a chance that you will not have a spot in the class? Is this a way for them to stagger their acceptances?

Will sending an LOI help move you from acceptance range to acceptance?

Basically, acceptance range = waitlist.

They explained in our interviews that each applicant is rated on a numerical scale. If you're rated above a certain threshold, you're accepted. If you're within the "acceptance range" (literally a numerical range of numbers), you're notified as such. Below the acceptance range means you're rejected.
So being in the acceptance range still could mean that you don't get in?

In fact, I would say most people on acceptance range do not get in
Agreed.

During the introduction presentation at my interview, they were saying that a majority of people offered an acceptance follow-through with it.

BUT...there's still a chance. Tulane, pls swipe right. Pls.

Agreed.

During the introduction presentation at my interview, they were saying that a majority of people offered an acceptance follow-through with it.

BUT...there's still a chance. Tulane, pls swipe right. Pls.
Yikes, Other threads make it seems as though a large percentage of tulane interviewees get acceptances. Did they mention anything about percentage at your interview day? At mine they did not talk about this.

Yikes, Other threads make it seems as though a large percentage of tulane interviewees get acceptances. Did they mention anything about percentage at your interview day? At mine they did not talk about this.

66% post interview acceptance.

I’m nervously waiting for my fate. It’s one of my top schools

66% post interview acceptance.

I’m nervously waiting for my fate. It’s one of my top schools
Let’s hope this stat pulls through. I’ll be rooting for you. This is my top choice even ahead of my state school so I hope I get an acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
H
While the 66% post interview acceptance rate thing is true, this 66% is for ALL acceptances, including those who get off the waitlist.

How do you know? Are you a student or have looked into this school lol

While the 66% post interview acceptance rate thing is true, this 66% is for ALL acceptances, including those who get off the waitlist.

Also, I think that MSAR gives an indirect indication of movement in that the accepted MCAT median is 511 and the matriculated was 509.

Accepted! Interviewed 10/20. Very, very excited because I loved Tulane, and I was extremely impressed by everything and everyone on my interview day.

Reactions: 5 users
H

How do you know? Are you a student or have looked into this school lol

I'm waitlisted at Tulane :p If you look at MSAR, the acceptance rate is indeed 66%, but you have to remember that that's for all acceptances..

after reading through last years thread it seems as though they accepted alot of people and waitlisted very few.
does anyone know how sending in a letter of intent is viewed here?

How long does it typically take them to make a decision post interview? Is it around a month?

How long does it typically take them to make a decision post interview? Is it around a month?
For those in September and October it was 7-9ish weeks. . . Fortunately I think the turnaround time is getting shorter(5-7 weeks). Hopefully the NOV. 9 crew hears back soon!! :angelic:

Reactions: 3 users
For those in September and October it was 7-9ish weeks. . . Fortunately I think the turnaround time is getting shorter(5-7 weeks). Hopefully the NOV. 9 crew hears back soon!! :angelic:

best of luck :)

I hope so, too! A Tulane acceptance would be the BEST Christmas news to bring home to my family!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today. Interviewed 10/27.

Reactions: 7 users
acceptance range

interviewed 10.27

so upset :/ ...i loved this school

Acceptance range. Interviewed 10/20
Disappointed as well :/

Oh god, I'm interviewing here this week. Anyone have any advice? :nailbiting:

Accepted today :) Also interviewed on Oct 6th

Reactions: 2 users
Do either of you know if they're providing breakfast tomorrow? I thought they might if we have to be there at 8 but wasn't sure
It’s like nutrigrain bars and water plus some other things. I can’t remember it all haha

It’s like nutrigrain bars and water plus some other things. I can’t remember it all haha

Alright works for me. I ate half my bodyweight in mac and cheese, and cake tonight in downtown NOLA so something light is appreciated

Yea its not much. Nutrigrain bars, water and coffee. I'd suggest eating a good breakfast because you're gonna be walking quite a bit before lunch.

I wonder if we'll still be doing a lot of walking outside tomorrow since its supposed to rain all day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bring an umbrella you still have to walk a lot to get to your interview location and back

Do either of you know if they're providing breakfast tomorrow? I thought they might if we have to be there at 8 but wasn't sure

Yeah eat a hearty breakfast. The nutrigrain bars aren't going to do it if you're normally a breakfast eater. I was starving by the time lunch came around, and the student interview takes places over lunch. So you might feel awkward about eating or whatever.

Yeah eat a hearty breakfast. The nutrigrain bars aren't going to do it if you're normally a breakfast eater. I was starving by the time lunch came around, and the student interview takes places over lunch. So you might feel awkward about eating or whatever.
Haha I went hard the day prior trying every food that NOLA was famous for such as gumbo, po-boys, district donuts, and beignets. By interview day my stomach was not very pleased with me so the nutrigrain bar was sufficient.

Haha I went hard the day prior trying every food that NOLA was famous for such as gumbo, po-boys, district donuts, and beignets. By interview day my stomach was not very pleased with me so the nutrigrain bar was sufficient.

That sounds amazing. If I get a Tulane interview, I'm definitely getting a few days off from work before and after the interview to give myself a mini-vacation. Completed 9/26 with a 66 LM

Ive been sitting on a green check mark since July. Have people had any success with calling admissions to ask about application review status?