2017-2018 Tulane University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just to add, the city of New Orleans has amazing food. I walked into a convenience store and ordered a foot-long po boy that had turkey, ham, shrimp, mushroom, and cheese. I'll hopefully end up as both a Tulane medical student and a patient in their ER who has suffered 10 heart attacks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Compared to previous years, this Tulane thread is especially fond of Tulane. For those of you accepted, how many are choosing between a few schools? I'm just trying to gauge the wait-list competition.
 
+1. I expect to withdraw in the spring, but I’m hesitant to do it before financial aid offers come out, just in case Tulane surprises me with a big scholarship or something.
If you love Tulane, then you can always nudge them and say hey, I gotta withdraw unless you can help me out. I talked to a guy who goes there who got a full ride by doing the above.
 
Acceptance range today. Interviewed November 9th. I’ve officially been waitlisted at every school I’ve interviewed at so far.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that. Have you done any mock interviews or gotten any feedback on your interview skills?
I’ve done a mock interview and practiced with friends, but honestly I’ve felt pretty confident about my interview skills up until now..... welp at least they’re not rejections. It just sucks to have to wait even longer for a decision haha.
 
I’ve done a mock interview and practiced with friends, but honestly I’ve felt pretty confident about my interview skills up until now..... welp at least they’re not rejections. It just sucks to have to wait even longer for a decision haha.

where else did you interview? Just curious.

I'm also waitlisted at every school i've interviewed at 🙁 but the cycle is still running so don't lose hope
 
Acceptance range today. Interviewed November 9th. I’ve officially been waitlisted at every school I’ve interviewed at so far.....


same... I understand the feeling-- it sucks. But, always remember that theres still a chance at getting accepted with a WL and that loads of people get rejected. While a WL isn't an outright acceptance its still a good thing 🙂
 
same... I understand the feeling-- it sucks. But, always remember that theres still a chance at getting accepted with a WL and that loads of people get rejected. While a WL isn't an outright acceptance its still a good thing 🙂

I haven’t seen a post interview rejection post here yet but i could be wrong
 
it seems to me that they are sendingupdates around 4 weeks after the interview. Does this sound right?
 
Has anyone submitted any LOIs or updates on Tulane's portal? I thought I submitted my documents but when I go to check, it looks like I'm still able to edit them. I'm wondering if anyone's attempted this before and this is just how it is?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete in August and have had green check mark since end of August. Still no II 🙁... Is there still possibility of getting one at this point? I am hoping that since they still haven't rejected me, it must be they are waiting for something to open up? I could be wrong...
 
I was complete in August and have had green check mark since end of August. Still no II 🙁... Is there still possibility of getting one at this point? I am hoping that since they still haven't rejected me, it must be they are waiting for something to open up? I could be wrong...
+1
From what I can tell they are not shy about rejecting people outright so I'm choosing to remain optimistic. I think we're in the camp of *if people cancel we'll pull from this list of apps we aren't decided on*
 
In the email it says 'a great majority of applicants get placed on the Acceptance Range.' Is this true, it does not seem like it from the number of people posting about acceptances on here. It also does not look like anyone has been rejected post-interview yet. Could a current student comment on this - about how many matriculants get placed on the acceptance range vs an immediate acceptance?
 
I was complete in August and have had green check mark since end of August. Still no II 🙁... Is there still possibility of getting one at this point? I am hoping that since they still haven't rejected me, it must be they are waiting for something to open up? I could be wrong...
Same here I completed 10/4 and I just got a green check and I don't know if I have a chance to have II...OOS
 
Acceptance Range Today :/ Better than rejection. I am wondering if my CASPER didn't mess with my acceptance. . . I guess I will sit back let what happens happen.
 
Of the people accepted, did you guys send post interview updates?
Yes. I sent thank you emails and a one page update/interest letter post interview through the portal. You could probably wrap up a "thank you to x and y for interviewing me" in a letter of interest/update if you didn't send thank you emails. A letter of intent might be helpful if you have no other acceptances or schools that you'd consider over Tulane. I'd send a letter of interest or intent even if you are in acceptance range.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a point in checking the portal if you have not yet received an II? I constant keep checking to see if my status has changed but if they will send an email as soon as it changes, I’ll stop checking. Can someone tell me from their experience who got an II?
I do have a green check mark FYI btw. Thanks.