2017-2018 Tulane University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super random question: How common are cockroaches in New Orleans? I read that the city is ranked number one by some poll for having the most roaches in the country... My worst fear is a cockroach flying at my face.
 
Super random question: How common are cockroaches in New Orleans? I read that the city is ranked number one by some poll for having the most roaches in the country... My worst fear is a cockroach flying at my face.


LOL!! I wouldn't be surprised if it's a great place to live for cockroaches, the swamp areas are full of life!!! Although... Shouldn't you fear more for the fact that some of those roaches may end up in your food? If so feel free to give me your seat, I'll gladly take my chances!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete around 4 months still nothing!! If they don't like my app, the will reject it immediate but Maybe they put my app aside so they look at other applications if they could find better application or not.

Am I be realistic or just lying to myself? Or they just didn't look at it yet ?
 
Complete around 4 months still nothing!! If they don't like my app, the will reject it immediate but Maybe they put my app aside so they look at other applications if they could find better application or not.

Am I be realistic or just lying to myself? Or they just didn't look at it yet ?
do u have a green check mark?
 
Complete around 4 months still nothing!! If they don't like my app, the will reject it immediate but Maybe they put my app aside so they look at other applications if they could find better application or not.

Am I be realistic or just lying to myself? Or they just didn't look at it yet ?
I have no idea tbh. I'm assuming that they were winding down stuff towards the holidays and once school resumes, they'll get back at it full force with the decisions. I called the office the other day and all they could say was that "no news isn't bad news, and you're still in the running if you haven't heard back", but as always I took that with a grain of salt lmao.
 
I don't know if you are being sarcastic but they work for 6 month prior to the break. And to the guy who asked the question, i would be worry for sure but stay positive as tulane does a very good job at rejecting apps.
I don't think the admission works this week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got the green checkmark... not sure when it switched over but it would have been some time in the last two weeks. Was complete in October. Really hoping to get an interview!
 
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! My interview day was the following week so hopefully I will hear soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview coming up. Super pumped for this because Tulane is really good at what I'm interested in (public/tropical health) and also, well, New Orleans... but this late in the cycle, is there a good chance, or am I interviewing for a high spot on the waitlist?
 
Is Tulane receptive to letters of interest? I was placed on acceptance range here back in November, and the more I think about it the more I fall in love with Tulane. I really want to get off this waitlist!