2017-2018 Tulane University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Tulane receptive to letters of interest? I was placed on acceptance range here back in November, and the more I think about it the more I fall in love with Tulane. I really want to get off this waitlist!
To my understanding yes. Last year some of the students on acceptance range sent in LOIs and received eventual acceptances. Gosh I wish I knew what amount of Acceptance range get in. . . :sorry:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Acceptance Range. Interviewed 12/7. A little disappointed to be honest. Anybody know how much movement there is?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any information regarding the Acceptance Range? I have done some research, but I am getting conflicting information. I know it depends on how many people decide to withdraw, but is there a good chance of getting accepted of the list? Sorry for the questions. I haven't been able to get this out of my mind all day. Dang neurotocism.
 
Speaking as a member of the Upcoming Interviews Club, seeing all these acceptances is making me nervous 😕
From what I've seen in past threads, we have nothing to worry about. But I hear you, sometimes I feel the same way. Just remember that most applicants tend to pick their state schools over Tulane, due to the lower cost.
 
From what I've seen in past threads, we have nothing to worry about. But I hear you, sometimes I feel the same way. Just remember that most applicants tend to pick their state schools over Tulane, due to the lower cost.

I hope you're right. I interviewed already, but all these acceptances makes me feel like I have a smaller chance to get one
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been exactly one month since my interview day and no word yet. This wait is killing me.

In related news, I ate Chinese food today and my fortune cookie said "Good news will be brought to you by mail." Don't let me down Tulane!

It took me two months to get a decision T.T
 
Does anyone remember what their Harry Potter style houses are called? I don't think it's cohorts or colleges...?
Just asking, like why would you ask that question. Like is that something that we have to know?? i.e you might get asked that question on interview day?
 
Found this on the Tulane website:

"Acceptances are offered weekly, beginning October 1 and continuing until the class is filled. Each week, the Committee may elect to send offers of acceptance to applicants from the "acceptance range" list or to send offers of admissions only to applicants whose files have been reviewed that week."

No one has posted anything about being accepted or waitlisted this week, so maybe we will hear today? 🙂
 
Green checkmark since early September 🙂
I have had it since August. I just don’t understand. Like why are they keeping so many applicants on hold? It would make more sense to reject so the applicants are not kept wondering and hoping.
 
I have had it since August. I just don’t understand. Like why are they keeping so many applicants on hold? It would make more sense to reject so the applicants are not kept wondering and hoping.
All schools like to keep as many applicants on hold as the open pool allows them to craft their ideal demographic of the class, fill quotas, leave wiggle room for extenuating circumstances, etc. This is not speculation, it was relayed to me by a family friend in charge of admissions at a US med school. And no, I did not apply there.
 
This is literally how I feel right now
 

Attachments

  • malory-archer5.jpg
    malory-archer5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 191
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp, just got put on acceptance range 🙁. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?
 
Last edited:
Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions email me back. She said if i had questions on my application or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?


You sent via email??
 
Welp, just got put on acceptance range 🙁. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?
+1
 
Welp, just got put on acceptance range 🙁. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?


I am in the same boat! Its not a death sentence though and I have already seen one person in acceptance range get accepted. Let's keep our head's up 🙂