2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Tulane receptive to letters of interest? I was placed on acceptance range here back in November, and the more I think about it the more I fall in love with Tulane. I really want to get off this waitlist!
To my understanding yes. Last year some of the students on acceptance range sent in LOIs and received eventual acceptances. Gosh I wish I knew what amount of Acceptance range get in. . . :sorry:

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED!!!!! Interviewed 11/10. Took forever for this decision!

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!! Interviewed 12/8. Couldn’t be happier :) will definitely be attending!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone hear back yet from 12/7 interview?

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 11/16 I’m coming home babyyyyyyy

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today after being put on Acceptance Range in November

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted!!!!!! Interviewed 12/8. Couldn’t be happier :) will definitely be attending!

CONGRATS!!! Oh god, now since I interviewed on 12/8, I'm nervous a.f.

Acceptance Range. Interviewed 12/7. A little disappointed to be honest. Anybody know how much movement there is?

Acceptance Range. Interviewed 12/7. A little disappointed to be honest. Anybody know how much movement there is?

Tbh with Tulane's tuition price, I wouldn't be surprised if the waitlist moves a fair amount

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh with Tulane's tuition price, I wouldn't be surprised if the waitlist moves a fair amount

You give me hope. This is my second time applying and I don't want to apply again. This process is so draining.

Members don't see this ad :)
You give me hope. This is my second time applying and I don't want to apply again. This process is so draining.

Don't worry, I feel ya. This is my second time applying too, and I really don't want to go through this ever again (plz Tulane, love me)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted too!!!!! And it happens to be my bday :) Interviewed 12/7

Reactions: 8 users
acceptance range interviewed 12/4 :( and I thought my interview here as well as patient scenario went amazing!

Any idea when they will give out scholarships?

Anyone have any information regarding the Acceptance Range? I have done some research, but I am getting conflicting information. I know it depends on how many people decide to withdraw, but is there a good chance of getting accepted of the list? Sorry for the questions. I haven't been able to get this out of my mind all day. Dang neurotocism.

Speaking as a member of the Upcoming Interviews Club, seeing all these acceptances is making me nervous :confused:

Speaking as a member of the Upcoming Interviews Club, seeing all these acceptances is making me nervous :confused:
From what I've seen in past threads, we have nothing to worry about. But I hear you, sometimes I feel the same way. Just remember that most applicants tend to pick their state schools over Tulane, due to the lower cost.

From what I've seen in past threads, we have nothing to worry about. But I hear you, sometimes I feel the same way. Just remember that most applicants tend to pick their state schools over Tulane, due to the lower cost.

I hope you're right. I interviewed already, but all these acceptances makes me feel like I have a smaller chance to get one

Finally got the green checkmark... not sure when it switched over but it would have been some time in the last two weeks. Was complete in October. Really hoping to get an interview!

SAME!

Anyone still have a red check mark? Feeling like there's no chance ....

Last edited:
It's been exactly one month since my interview day and no word yet. This wait is killing me.

In related news, I ate Chinese food today and my fortune cookie said "Good news will be brought to you by mail." Don't let me down Tulane!

Reactions: 7 users
It's been exactly one month since my interview day and no word yet. This wait is killing me.

In related news, I ate Chinese food today and my fortune cookie said "Good news will be brought to you by mail." Don't let me down Tulane!

It took me two months to get a decision T.T

Does anyone remember what their Harry Potter style houses are called? I don't think it's cohorts or colleges...?

Does anyone remember what their Harry Potter style houses are called? I don't think it's cohorts or colleges...?
Just asking, like why would you ask that question. Like is that something that we have to know?? i.e you might get asked that question on interview day?

Just asking, like why would you ask that question. Like is that something that we have to know?? i.e you might get asked that question on interview day?

Lol chill. Nobody is going to quiz you on the history/structure/curriculum of a school during your interview day.

Checking back in to say that I've had the green check for ~22 weeks! lol

Checking back in to say that I've had the green check for ~22 weeks! lol
Mine I got a green check last Month(Dec.) and did not heard anything. I'm still interested with Tulane but I'm ok with my LSU acceptance.

Last edited:
Found this on the Tulane website:

"Acceptances are offered weekly, beginning October 1 and continuing until the class is filled. Each week, the Committee may elect to send offers of acceptance to applicants from the "acceptance range" list or to send offers of admissions only to applicants whose files have been reviewed that week."

No one has posted anything about being accepted or waitlisted this week, so maybe we will hear today? :)

Green checkmark since early September :)
I have had it since August. I just don’t understand. Like why are they keeping so many applicants on hold? It would make more sense to reject so the applicants are not kept wondering and hoping.

I have had it since August. I just don’t understand. Like why are they keeping so many applicants on hold? It would make more sense to reject so the applicants are not kept wondering and hoping.
All schools like to keep as many applicants on hold as the open pool allows them to craft their ideal demographic of the class, fill quotas, leave wiggle room for extenuating circumstances, etc. This is not speculation, it was relayed to me by a family friend in charge of admissions at a US med school. And no, I did not apply there.

Haven't heard anything here. Hasn't stopped me from F5ing my email and constantly getting disappointed
Same! I literally sent myself an email this morning and then got instantly excited when my inbox number changed. Only to realize, much to my annoyance, that the email was from me.

This is literally how I feel right now

Attachments

• malory-archer5.jpg
    malory-archer5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 59
Welp, just got put on acceptance range :(. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?

Last edited:
Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions email me back. She said if i had questions on my application or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?

You sent via email??

Welp, just got put on acceptance range :(. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?
+1

I am in the same boat! Its not a death sentence though and I have already seen one person in acceptance range get accepted. Let's keep our head's up :)