2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in the same boat! Its not a death sentence though and I have already seen one person in acceptance range get accepted. Let's keep our head's up :)

Trying to but I'm about to go defend my PhD thesis in 2 hours, so some good news would've made that better LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected (pre-II) :(

Complete mid-September

Anyone else just severely fed up with this process? I know you don't want me in your class but can you at least give me a chance to improve (i.e. tell me why I'm not good enough)?

I'm just so over this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, just got put on acceptance range :(. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?
When did you interview? Sorry to hear about this!

Does anyone know when Financial Aid decisions come out? Also- how generous is Tulane in general?
FYI- I interviewe in mid-Oct and was accepted at beg of January.

Welp, just got put on acceptance range :(. Really loved the school and thought my interviews went well -sigh-

EDIT: I think I read that last year, they overaccepted people, so I'm hoping this year, maybe they are putting a lot more people on the waitlist and then have it move more? Maybe? Please?

I am in the same boat! Its not a death sentence though and I have already seen one person in acceptance range get accepted. Let's keep our head's up :)

Yeah! I'm also on acceptance range and while this is just speculation, I think it's a VERY good sign that someone has already gotten off the wait list. It's only January! It means the wait list movement is already moving. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)

Dang! I was hoping you were going to receive some good news. Well, hopefully there will be some movement and we both get accepted off the waitlist. :xf:

When were the last bunch of II given by Tulane? I’m guessing there must be people on this forum who are watching but haven’t posted about their II? Would really appreciate if someone who got an II recently could let us know when that was and what interview date was given.

Yeah! I'm also on acceptance range and while this is just speculation, I think it's a VERY good sign that someone has already gotten off the wait list. It's only January! It means the wait list movement is already moving. What do you guys think?
I am just trying to stay optimistic! I think the movement is a good thing.

Does anyone know when Financial Aid decisions come out? Also- how generous is Tulane in general?
FYI- I interviewe in mid-Oct and was accepted at beg of January.

Also wondering this, as financial aid will play a big part in determining if I'm even able to afford going here. Submitted my FAFSA last week. Have you tried looking through previous years?

DM’ed you!

Can you DM me as well? I would love to see the amazing individuals Tulane has admitted so far.

Has anyone gotten rejected post-II?

They rarely reject post-II unless you completely bomb all three parts of your interview. Acceptance range is much more likely.

whoever recommended Marigny Brasserie to me, God bless your heart!

Reactions: 1 users
im wondering if the 67% post-interview acceptance includes the individuals put on acceptance range and accepted later in the cycle. Also, how does the acceptance range exactly work? I really want to be accepted here and wondering when they'll let us know.

im wondering if the 67% post-interview acceptance includes the individuals put on acceptance range and accepted later in the cycle. Also, how does the acceptance range exactly work? I really want to be accepted here and wondering when they'll let us know.

I almost wanted to get so neurotic that I was gonna calculate the people who got an II here vs accepted. But the 67% includes all acceptances.

I when does Tulane stop giving out II? I was green in December

Just declined my offer! Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck & hang in there, everybody!!

Reactions: 11 users
Just submitted an update letter here telling them what has happened since my interview day and how much I love them <3

Yes I did! Now I just have to finish some paperwork and then I can put "Dr." in front of my name lol
YAYYYYY!!! That is awesome! I'd say that definitely worth updating them on ;) If you don't mind what is the doctorate in?

YAYYYYY!!! That is awesome! I'd say that definitely worth updating them on ;) If you don't mind what is the doctorate in?

Yea I feel like that was a big enough deal that it was worth updating :p. My doctorate is in Chemistry although my dissertation is more on math modeling of neurons, so some neat interdisciplinary stuff

Yea I feel like that was a big enough deal that it was worth updating :p. My doctorate is in Chemistry although my dissertation is more on math modeling of neurons, so some neat interdisciplinary stuff
This is great! I'm a grad student at a neuroscience research lab. Love me some neuro :)

Question for anyone who has submitted an update. Can you see your past updates on the portal? I can’t see any of my past updates and I’m worried they’re not going through.

Question for anyone who has submitted an update. Can you see your past updates on the portal? I can’t see any of my past updates and I’m worried they’re not going through.
Mine are showing up. I have submitted 2 transcripts and 1 update letter all are showing. Did you upload them as PDFs? That may help.

Mine are showing up. I have submitted 2 transcripts and 1 update letter all are showing. Did you upload them as PDFs? That may help.
Just to confirm, the school I receptive to post II updates and we can upload then on the portal?

Is it worth it to send an update letter about scribing for 6 months and gaining more volunteer hours?

Is it worth it to send an update letter about scribing for 6 months and gaining more volunteer hours?

I have always been under the impression that updates were for things like getting published on a paper or something of the like. Doubt it can hurt you, though.

hey yall. congratulations to all the accepted applicants! here's a facebook group for next year's class. if you've been accepted you should have received an email with this but here it is: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Apparently they finish interviews in February. Just got the "acceptance range" waitlist email. Pretty bummed.

Apparently they finish interviews in February. Just got the "acceptance range" waitlist email. Pretty bummed.

At least you're still in the running :) when did you interview?

At least you're still in the running :) when did you interview?
I'm hoping! that 66% post interview admittance is whats keepin me going! i interviewed beginning of January

For everyone still waiting with a green check, I found this on the website:

Interview Invites:

• Interview Invites are sent any time from June - March, no matter when the application was completed
  • No News is Good News-your application is either under review or in the 'queue' to be invited
  • Invites are sent out in blocks throughout the cycle
  • We review and invite chronologically. If someone cancels their interview, your interview date could move up
  • If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter
  • After you interview we strive to get notice out in 3-4 weeks of acceptance or non acceptance

Reactions: 6 users
I looked on the Facebook page for the class of 2022 and it says that there are 258 members, so I don't know what that means for those who are sitting in the Acceptance Range.