2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I looked on the Facebook page for the class of 2022 and it says that there are 258 members, so I don't know what that means for those who are sitting in the Acceptance Range.

No idea, but if they only interview around 500, it sure feels like a lot more than half here are getting acceptance range, so idk

Members don't see this ad.

I looked on the Facebook page for the class of 2022 and it says that there are 258 members, so I don't know what that means for those who are sitting in the Acceptance Range.

I have a few friends who are 1st and 2nd years at the moment and they are in the c/o 2022 fb group so take the numbers with a grain of salt

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few friends who are 1st and 2nd years at the moment and they are in the c/o 2022 fb group so take the numbers with a grain of salt
Ok cool! I was starting to get really worried there.

Felt horrible after my interviews- from an awkward patient interaction to a rushed faculty interview.

Hmm you were probably in the last group for the behavioral interview. Sounds like your faculty interviewer went well though (or atleast better than you thought)

Completing date August 16th. Still waiting for II or rejection. The suspense...

Reactions: 3 users
257 Cherokee St Apt 2, New Orleans, LA 70118 - realtor.com®

I wanted to post my condo for anyone that will be attending Tulane next year. This place served my wife and I well while we were medical students in Tulane and I have rented it out for last 4.5 years while in residency. The neighborhood itself is quiet and one of the safest in New orleans, but it's not far from the action.

Congrats on your acceptances to Tulane, I can honestly say it was the best 4 years of my life.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
257 Cherokee St Apt 2, New Orleans, LA 70118 - realtor.com®

I wanted to post my condo for anyone that will be attending Tulane next year. This place served my wife and I well while we were medical students in Tulane and I have rented it out for last 4.5 years while in residency. The neighborhood itself is quiet and one of the safest in New orleans, but it's not far from the action.

Congrats on your acceptances to Tulane, I can honestly say it was the best 4 years of my life.

Hailing from Los Angeles I can't believe how low the real estate prices are ...

Hailing from Los Angeles I can't believe how low the real estate prices are ...

Meanwhile, a few hours away from New Orleans (in Alabama), I bought my first house (a 1400 sf 3/2) for less than this condo. Lol

Meanwhile, a few hours away from New Orleans (in Alabama), I bought my first house (a 1400 sf 3/2) for less than this condo. Lol

Omg. My 1 bed 1 bath (735sqft) condo in downtown Los Angeles was $475k. Not a baller, just financing it until eternity.

Omg. My 1 bed 1 bath (735sqft) condo in downtown Los Angeles was $475k. Not a baller, just financing it until eternity.

Which is why I’d never move to LA. Where I live, for that price, you can buy a legit mansion!

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? Interviewed in September

It looks like (from last year) around May 1 is when movement starts :/

Reactions: 1 users
So, is Tulane one of those schools that really likes post-interview TYLs? My interviewer didn't offer me his email so my guess is that they don't.

so one of you is wrong. And since @NeuroSoph75 it looks like you literally copied and pasted from a website imma go out on a limb and say you're not the wrong who's wrong
Approximately 500 applicants are invited to New Orleans and Tulane School of Medicine each year for interviews. Interviews are held from September through the end of February.

maybe you should just go to the website and read this yourself?

It looks like (from last year) around May 1 is when movement starts :/

I was also checking through last years thread, and it seemed like way more acceptances were reported and way fewer waitlist decisions than this year. This is just speculation (and probably wishful thinking) but I'm wondering if they've been more conservative with acceptances this year? Which could also mean there might be more waitlist movement that starts earlier?

I was also checking through last years thread, and it seemed like way more acceptances were reported and way fewer waitlist decisions than this year. This is just speculation (and probably wishful thinking) but I'm wondering if they've been more conservative with acceptances this year? Which could also mean there might be more waitlist movement that starts earlier?
I guess we’ll see! As an acceptance range person I hope you’re right.

SDN’s archive of threads are a blessing and a curse feeding our neuroticism since we joined.

At this point they won’t be sending any IIs right?

Admissions ~ Timelines and Deadlines | medicine

Maybe I'm looking at an outdated portion of the website, but this is where I found my info!

but like......you both said the same thing. "If you don't have an II by the first week of march then you have been rejected"= "interviews are conducted through the end of February"
I know of a person who got an II for a school for literally the next day. If you haven't been rejected yet, you're still in this until the last day of February!

but like......you both said the same thing. "If you don't have an II by the first week of march then you have been rejected"= "interviews are conducted through the end of February"
I know of a person who got an II for a school for literally the next day. If you haven't been rejected yet, you're still in this until the last day of February!
The first link says interviews are held through the end of Feb and the the second link says interview invites are sent through March. I agree it is essentially the same timeframe, I just think it is weird that there is a discrepancy on the website lol

Still really bummed about being placed on the waitlist. I feel as though my chances of not getting in again are greatly increasing. I don't think I can do this for a third year. It's too stressful, too expensive, and too painful to go through this again.

Still really bummed about being placed on the waitlist. I feel as though my chances of not getting in again are greatly increasing. I don't think I can do this for a third year. It's too stressful, too expensive, and too painful to go through this again.

I feel you. I've literally heard nothing but bad news from all the schools that've gotten back to me. If I apply a third time, i'll have to take a considerable break due to financial reasons

I feel you. I've literally heard nothing but bad news from all the schools that've gotten back to me. If I apply a third time, i'll have to take a considerable break due to financial reasons

You both should really consider applying to DO schools. If being a doctor is really what you want and MD programs are not working out, try something different. I know it’s hard but you have to weigh in and determine if being a physician is what you truly want, you have to be willing to take any path that will get you there. Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
You both should really consider applying to DO schools. If being a doctor is really what you want and MD programs are not working out, try something different. I know it’s hard but you have to weigh in and determine if being a physician is what you truly want, you have to be willing to take any path that will get you there. Best of luck!
I find it very interesting how you're assuming both of us never applied to DO's. Didn't know sdn had psychics now.

Anyone interview in January and not hear back? Mardi Gras is next week, so I don't think admissions will be sending out anything :/

hey guys, new to this site. does anyone have an idea when January interviewers will hear back (week three-week four)?
Thx!

hey guys, new to this site. does anyone have an idea when January interviewers will hear back (week three-week four).?
Thx!

From earlier years, probably the Monday after Mardi Gras week. No assurances tho, this is only my best guess

First off, this is probably the most popping thread on sdn...40 pages, gosh dang!

Second, just withdrew from 03/02 interview...so for whatever that's worth with the debate you guys are having above.

Best of luck to y'all still waiting for an interview/acceptance!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Can't believe its already been almost 4 months since I interviewed. Hopefully this wait brings good news for those of us in the acceptance range group.

Nov. 9 crew you still holding in there??

Can't believe its already been almost 4 months since I interviewed. Hopefully this wait brings good news for those of us in the acceptance range group.

Not Nov 9 but still AR! It looks like May 1st will have a good amount of movement!

Wait, what is so special about Nov 9? I interviewed on this day and got waitlisted.

Wait, what is so special about Nov 9? I interviewed on this day and got waitlisted.
Nov 9 was the day I interviewed so I am just partial to that group ;)