2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People who have not yet been invited for interviews and have not been rejected either, is there even any chance at this point? Are there any interview days left?

Members don't see this ad.

Finally rejected pre-interview invite yesterday via email. I was complete in July.

Anybody who sent updates get confirmation that those were received?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and they are done with interviews. The lady really didn't know when the decisions would likely go out, but just thought I would share :) Stay Strong All!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone here get of the waitlist in the past week or so and forgot to post about it? :D

Reactions: 1 users
Tulane is quickly becoming my last hope to become a doctor this year. I loved the school and thought I fit well.

Does anyone recommend sending in a LOI?

anyone know the most recent date that has heard back? I'm end of January and anxiously awaiting news! Also, do people hear e-mail or snail mail?

anyone know the most recent date that has heard back? I'm end of January and anxiously awaiting news! Also, do people hear e-mail or snail mail?
All communication was through email for me!

Reactions: 1 user
I just heard back via email! Interviewed Jan 19

So I’m guessing we won’t be hearing back anything else from Tulane this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I’m guessing we won’t be hearing back anything else from Tulane this week?
Going through last years thread it looks like this was the week where the last round of acceptances came out before April 30. So if they do it similarly this year there should be multiple days this week where people hear. Though take that with a grain of salt because it does seem odd that they wouldn't continue giving out acceptances through March and April...maybe people just weren't posting.

Is there any financial aid to do here besides FAFSA?

Since it's now March 16. I'm guessing Tulane has already offered acceptances to their expected number of seats available going by amcas protocol.

Come on Tulane. You're my only hope!

I interviewed around the same time and haven't heard either!
I interviewed 2/1 and am straight up going insane. Not a word.

So March 15 is the date that all schools were required to send out acceptances equal to the number of seats that they have. It seems like those interviewed after January 19 were basically fighting for a waitlist then?

So March 15 is the date that all schools were required to send out acceptances equal to the number of seats that they have. It seems like those interviewed after January 19 were basically fighting for a waitlist then?

This is not the case, because of yield.

March 15th: School X with 100 seats needs to have sent 100 acceptances. But School X will surely send more than 100 total acceptances, unless it thinks it can attain a 100% yield.

I guess a school could send acceptances equal to seats, then waitlist a bunch of people and draw a ton from the waitlist later. If you figure a school needing to accept 2.5x the number of seats they have, drawing 150 from the waitlist seems really high. But that is not what the March 15th date implies.

Last edited:
This is not the case, because of yield.

March 15th: School X with 100 seats needs to have sent 100 acceptances. But School X will surely send more than 100 total acceptances, unless it thinks it can attain a 100% yield.

I guess a school could send acceptances equal to seats, then waitlist a bunch of people and draw a ton from the waitlist later. If you figure a school needing to accept 2.5x the number of seats they have, drawing 150 from the waitlist seems really high. But that is not what the March 15th date implies.

Then does this mean that they won't tell us our decisions unless people start yielding their acceptances? Unless of course it's an obvious rejection....

2018 match results are up if anyone's interested. As someone said before Tulane seems like people go into residencies all over the country, which I think is pretty cool.

This is a really impressive match list!

Finally got my pre II rejection this morning. Sadness :(

So, will it be quiet from Tulane until the beginning of May?

So, will it be quiet from Tulane until the beginning of May?
I really hope not :/

I figure those of us who interviewed and haven't heard a peep have to hear something before traffic day. But I also don't see much on last year's thread...maybe people just got bored of posting?

The wait is killing me!

I really hope not :/

I figure those of us who interviewed and haven't heard a peep have to hear something before traffic day. But I also don't see much on last year's thread...maybe people just got bored of posting?

The wait is killing me!
Maybe. I am hopeful that those who haven't heard will hear soon because they seem to accept a couple of Acceptance Range people when they do!

Accepted just now! II day was Feb 1, didn't get any "acceptance range" notification before today.

Reactions: 5 users
Offered admission today following a 2/5 interview date. No status change occurred between the interview date and my acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
What did the subject line of your email say?

"We change this subject line every email to drive people insane"

I can't imagine in what world this is useful information? Like if you get an email from Tulane is the subject line going to determine whether you open it or just trash it? If you literally -have- to know mine said "Tulane University School of Medicine: Offered Admission".

What did the subject line of your email say?
"We change this subject line every email to drive people insane"

I can't imagine in what world this is useful information? Like if you get an email from Tulane is the subject line going to determine whether you open it or just trash it? If you literally -have- to know mine said "Tulane University School of Medicine: Offered Admission".

woah. be careful Saints. Flagpole abouta jiu jitsu your ass

woah. be careful Saints. Flagpole abouta jiu jitsu your ass

Saints if you're my future anatomy partner I just want to say sorry and I'll buy you a drink (or 2), but know now that every email I ever send you will have a misleading subject line

Does anyone have any information about Tulane's average Step 1 score? I haven't been able to find it :/