-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody who sent updates get confirmation that those were received?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not I!Anybody who sent updates get confirmation that those were received?
Nope. I uploaded my update to the portal and never received anything.Anybody who sent updates get confirmation that those were received?
Anyone here get of the waitlist in the past week or so and forgot to post about it? 😀
All communication was through email for me!anyone know the most recent date that has heard back? I'm end of January and anxiously awaiting news! Also, do people hear e-mail or snail mail?
I just heard back via email! Interviewed Jan 19
Finally got the pre-II rejection. Complete in August.
So I’m guessing we won’t be hearing back anything else from Tulane this week?
Going through last years thread it looks like this was the week where the last round of acceptances came out before April 30. So if they do it similarly this year there should be multiple days this week where people hear. Though take that with a grain of salt because it does seem odd that they wouldn't continue giving out acceptances through March and April...maybe people just weren't posting.So I’m guessing we won’t be hearing back anything else from Tulane this week?
Is there any financial aid to do here besides FAFSA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also heard back this morning through email!!
Were you accepted?I just heard back via email! Interviewed Jan 19
Last edited:
D
deleted698458
Just received the pre-II rejection email.
+1Just received the pre-II rejection email.
I was accepted! Excited!We're you accepted?
Since it's now March 16. I'm guessing Tulane has already offered acceptances to their expected number of seats available going by amcas protocol.
2018 match results are up if anyone's interested. As someone said before Tulane seems like people go into residencies all over the country, which I think is pretty cool.
https://medicine.tulane.edu/sites/m...ictures/Match 2018 Web Results 2018 03-15.pdf
https://medicine.tulane.edu/sites/m...ictures/Match 2018 Web Results 2018 03-15.pdf
yes i was as well!Were you accepted?
Anyone who interviewed jan 31 hear back yet?
Anyone who interviewed jan 31 hear back yet?
I interviewed 2/1 and am straight up going insane. Not a word.
I interviewed around the same time and haven't heard either!I interviewed 2/1 and am straight up going insane. Not a word.
I interviewed around the same time and haven't heard either!
I interviewed 2/1 and am straight up going insane. Not a word.
So March 15 is the date that all schools were required to send out acceptances equal to the number of seats that they have. It seems like those interviewed after January 19 were basically fighting for a waitlist then?
So March 15 is the date that all schools were required to send out acceptances equal to the number of seats that they have. It seems like those interviewed after January 19 were basically fighting for a waitlist then?
This is not the case, because of yield.
March 15th: School X with 100 seats needs to have sent 100 acceptances. But School X will surely send more than 100 total acceptances, unless it thinks it can attain a 100% yield.
I guess a school could send acceptances equal to seats, then waitlist a bunch of people and draw a ton from the waitlist later. If you figure a school needing to accept 2.5x the number of seats they have, drawing 150 from the waitlist seems really high. But that is not what the March 15th date implies.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is not the case, because of yield.
March 15th: School X with 100 seats needs to have sent 100 acceptances. But School X will surely send more than 100 total acceptances, unless it thinks it can attain a 100% yield.
I guess a school could send acceptances equal to seats, then waitlist a bunch of people and draw a ton from the waitlist later. If you figure a school needing to accept 2.5x the number of seats they have, drawing 150 from the waitlist seems really high. But that is not what the March 15th date implies.
Then does this mean that they won't tell us our decisions unless people start yielding their acceptances? Unless of course it's an obvious rejection....
2018 match results are up if anyone's interested. As someone said before Tulane seems like people go into residencies all over the country, which I think is pretty cool.
This is a really impressive match list!
I really hope not :/So, will it be quiet from Tulane until the beginning of May?
I figure those of us who interviewed and haven't heard a peep have to hear something before traffic day. But I also don't see much on last year's thread...maybe people just got bored of posting?
The wait is killing me!
Maybe. I am hopeful that those who haven't heard will hear soon because they seem to accept a couple of Acceptance Range people when they do!I really hope not :/
I figure those of us who interviewed and haven't heard a peep have to hear something before traffic day. But I also don't see much on last year's thread...maybe people just got bored of posting?
The wait is killing me!
Accepted just now! II day was Feb 1, didn't get any "acceptance range" notification before today.
Mind sharing stats?Offered admission today following a 2/5 interview date. No status change occurred between the interview date and my acceptance.
Mind sharing stats?
I posted more info previously in the thread if you are wondering about communication dates.
LizzyM ~70 ORM OOS.
What did the subject line of your email say?Also accepted earlier today! Interviewed 1/31, LizzyM ~77.
What did the subject line of your email say?
Tulane University School of Medicine: Offered Admission
8
861843
What did the subject line of your email say?
"We change this subject line every email to drive people insane"
I can't imagine in what world this is useful information? Like if you get an email from Tulane is the subject line going to determine whether you open it or just trash it? If you literally -have- to know mine said "Tulane University School of Medicine: Offered Admission".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did the subject line of your email say?
"We change this subject line every email to drive people insane"
I can't imagine in what world this is useful information? Like if you get an email from Tulane is the subject line going to determine whether you open it or just trash it? If you literally -have- to know mine said "Tulane University School of Medicine: Offered Admission".
woah. be careful Saints. Flagpole abouta jiu jitsu your ass
8
861843
woah. be careful Saints. Flagpole abouta jiu jitsu your ass
Saints if you're my future anatomy partner I just want to say sorry and I'll buy you a drink (or 2), but know now that every email I ever send you will have a misleading subject line
Does anyone have any information about Tulane's average Step 1 score? I haven't been able to find it :/
Does anyone have any information about Tulane's average Step 1 score? I haven't been able to find it :/
I believe it’s 236 if i remember correctly from my interview.
Does anyone have any information about Tulane's average Step 1 score? I haven't been able to find it :/
I believe it’s 236 if i remember correctly from my interview.
236 sounds about right. It was either that or 233. . . IDk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K