You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hopefully I am not just giving Fake News haha. I just tried to find the average and cannot . . . in 2013 it looks like it was sub-230.236 sounds about right. It was either that or 233. . . IDk
Rejected off the waitlist just now. Didn’t even know that was a thing? Oh well good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow rejected off the waitlist. Thought I'd at least be kept on it through april 30
Got the R from the waitlist. Good luck to all else!
Rejected off the waitlist just now. Didn’t even know that was a thing? Oh well good luck to everyone.
Wow rejected off the waitlist. Thought I'd at least be kept on it through april 30
Also rejected off of the waitlist
Got the R from the waitlist. Good luck to all else!
Dang... Sounds like a blood bath just occurred... Sorry gals/guys.. at least you're no longer being teased. But it was good bonding with y'all in this thread
I'm so sorry everyone! I had no idea that being rejected before classes started was an option on the waitlist.
I'm so scared now. Tulane is literally my last hope!
Same! I haven’t seen this in past threads either. I literally had a mini-heart attack when I saw these posts
A question for those rejected off waitlist: Do you all hold acceptances elsewhere?
I do hold an acceptance, I'm curious if this would have gone into their decision. I thought that med school only know this info after the end of April?
A question for those rejected off waitlist: Do you all hold acceptances elsewhere?
I do hold an acceptance, I'm curious if this would have gone into their decision. I thought that med school only know this info after the end of April?
This would not factor into Tulane's decision.
At this time, only schools that have accepted you are able to see what other acceptances you hold.
Didn't know where to post this, but for those with MSAR subscriptions they updated the information for all schools including Tulane.
What's crazy is that the Median MCAT nationally is now a 511. It is incredible how rapidly the competition is increasing for med schools. Congrats to those holding seats, and to those still waiting we've got this 🙂
What's crazy is that the Median MCAT nationally is now a 511. It is incredible how rapidly the competition is increasing for med schools. Congrats to those holding seats, and to those still waiting we've got this 🙂
Didn't know where to post this, but for those with MSAR subscriptions they updated the information for all schools including Tulane.
What's crazy is that the Median MCAT nationally is now a 511. It is incredible how rapidly the competition is increasing for med schools. Congrats to those holding seats, and to those still waiting we've got this 🙂
Thanks for this! Can you tell us more about what's on the MSAR for Tulane? My subscription expired... How many were interviewed / accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Class 2021
WL Positions: 250
Accepted off WL: not provided
Median Accepted: 511
Median Matriculated: 510
Verified Apps: 9930
Interviewed: 595
Matriculated: 190
Age 19-23: 84 students
Age 24-29: 98 Students (Seems that they like older students, I hope they have mercy on my 22 y/o self)
COA: $86,062 so slight increase over the 84K for class of 2016
Average Indebtedness: 253K so that is better than the 262k for c/o 2016
Received aid: 75%
I do not know the total accepted . . .
Hope this helps.
WL Positions: 250
Accepted off WL: not provided
Median Accepted: 511
Median Matriculated: 510
Verified Apps: 9930
Interviewed: 595
Matriculated: 190
Age 19-23: 84 students
Age 24-29: 98 Students (Seems that they like older students, I hope they have mercy on my 22 y/o self)
COA: $86,062 so slight increase over the 84K for class of 2016
Average Indebtedness: 253K so that is better than the 262k for c/o 2016
Received aid: 75%
I do not know the total accepted . . .
Hope this helps.
Forgot to quote you hahaThanks for this! Can you tell us more about what's on the MSAR for Tulane? My subscription expired... How many were interviewed / accepted?
Seems that they like older students, I hope they have mercy on my 22 y/o self
As an older student that just got rejected off the waitlist, I'll call B.S. lol
Class 2020: 116/191 are 24 or older
Class 2021: 106/190 are 24 or older
These are straight from MSAR. I am so sorry that you received a rejection, but you have a lot to look forward to at your other schools and it could have been a yield protection move on Tulane's part. With a PhD you are a desirable applicant. Congrats on your 3 acceptancs you deserve them 🙂
Class 2021: 106/190 are 24 or older
These are straight from MSAR. I am so sorry that you received a rejection, but you have a lot to look forward to at your other schools and it could have been a yield protection move on Tulane's part. With a PhD you are a desirable applicant. Congrats on your 3 acceptancs you deserve them 🙂
Rejected off the waitlist just now. Didn’t even know that was a thing? Oh well good luck to everyone.
Wow rejected off the waitlist. Thought I'd at least be kept on it through april 30
Also rejected off of the waitlist
Got the R from the waitlist. Good luck to all else!
This just made me so nauseous 🤢
Does anyone know if there is a second look day? And if so will those of us still waiting to hear back hear before then?
I believe there is no second look day.Does anyone know if there is a second look day? And if so will those of us still waiting to hear back hear before then?
D
deleted861396
Interviews from 3/7 heard back today! We're super excited to be your anatomy TA's!!!
Anyone from late feb interviews heard back?
I haven't. Trying to patiently wait, but seeing people from 3/7 heard back before us makes me worried
When did you interview? And i think the interviewees from 3/7 were ACPs which is why they heard back earlyI haven't. Trying to patiently wait, but seeing people from 3/7 heard back before us makes me worried
When did you interview? And i think the interviewees from 3/7 were ACPs which is why they heard back early
2/26. And that makes sense, thanks for clarifying, I'm still jealous of them!
When did you interview? And i think the interviewees from 3/7 were ACPs which is why they heard back early
What's an ACP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted861396
What's an ACP?
We're students that started at TUSOM last August and took anatomy alongside the Class of 2021. We officially begin next year as part of the Class of 2022 and will be your TA's throughout anatomy and histology.
How does one go about applying for that?We're students that started at TUSOM last August and took anatomy alongside the Class of 2021. We officially begin next year as part of the Class of 2022 and will be your TA's throughout anatomy and histology.
D
deleted861396
How does one go about applying for that?
Instructions are at tulaneaclp.com
You can also check out this year's application thread here: Tulane ACLP 2018-2019
Just sent an LOI, seriously hoping to join the class of 2022!!
Same boat!!! Did you upload your letter to the portal or e-mail a dean/office?
Same boat!!! Did you upload your letter to the portal or e-mail a dean/office?
I emailed Dr. Marc Kahn directly. I debated uploading it as a PDF, and just put LOI in the body of the email. He's a busy guy and a PDF is just one extra step.
Hm... I always thought Dr. Morris was the gal to send it to?I emailed Dr. Marc Kahn directly. I debated uploading it as a PDF, and just put LOI in the body of the email. He's a busy guy and a PDF is just one extra step.
I think either is fine. I just figured I should send it to the highest up in the food chain. Dr. Morris is assistant Dean.
Dr. Kahn
School of Medicine ~ Administration | medicine
Cindy Morris
Cindy A Morris, PhD | medicine
Dr. Kahn
School of Medicine ~ Administration | medicine
Cindy Morris
Cindy A Morris, PhD | medicine
I emailed Dr. Marc Kahn directly. I debated uploading it as a PDF, and just put LOI in the body of the email. He's a busy guy and a PDF is just one extra step.
We’re you on waitlist/acceptance range list? Or have you not heard anything since your interview? Just trying to see when’s the best to send a LOI
I'm waitlistedWe’re you on waitlist/acceptance range list? Or have you not heard anything since your interview? Just trying to see when’s the best to send a LOI
I'm waitlisted
I'm in the same boat as you but I ended up sending mine to Dr. Morris haha. I did upload an update letter a few weeks ago on the portal though. Perhaps that saved me from getting rejected off the waitlist. Who knows!!
Your logic makes perfect sense based on job title. But for future reference Dr. Morris essentially reigns over admissions. Dr. Kahn is more focused on student affairs issues. I'm sure your email made it to her, though!I think either is fine. I just figured I should send it to the highest up in the food chain. Dr. Morris is assistant Dean.
Dr. Kahn
School of Medicine ~ Administration | medicine
Cindy Morris
Cindy A Morris, PhD | medicine
Let's hope, haha! Glad that I made that mistake publicly so that others won't make the mistake 🙂Your logic makes perfect sense based on job title. But for future reference Dr. Morris essentially reigns over admissions. Dr. Kahn is more focused on student affairs issues. I'm sure your email made it to her, though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the other hand, it feels like more people are getting accepted off the waitlist early compared to previous yearsGoing off of previous threads, it seems like less accepted students have withdrawn this year compared to previous years. Of course, people might not be posting. It still has me worried though.
That's true. I'm probably over thinking things.On the other hand, it feels like more people are getting accepted off the waitlist early compared to previous years
Haha I know I'm right here going insane too.That's true. I'm probably over thinking things.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
, seriously hoping to join the class of 2022!!