2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any recommendations for townhouses in this area?

I also would love to hear more about housing recommendations, where the sweet-spot areas are in terms of restaurants/cafes etc., general cost of living. looking to live in a studio with my fiancee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also would love to hear more about housing recommendations, where the sweet-spot areas are in terms of restaurants/cafes etc., general cost of living. looking to live in a studio with my fiancee.
Zillow.com your BAH will be a little more than 2k/month I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was never asked to pee in a cup at my physical. Will this be a problem? It's on the list of things to do in the paperwork.

The pee test will be done during your respective officer training the summer before classes start.

Does anyone have any recommendations for townhouses in this area?

For rent or buy? Anticipate having car or no car? Places along the Red Line metro will be more expensive but also more convenient. Need more details to help.

The pee test will be done during your respective officer training the summer before classes start.

For rent or buy? Anticipate having car or no car? Places along the Red Line metro will be more expensive but also more convenient. Need more details to help.

Buy + will have a car. Appreciate any help! :)

Is selecting Navy or AF a waitlist sentencing at this point? II 11/16, first and only so far... freaking out, want to go Navy or AF I think, but those seem the hardest to place into due to less spots...

Is selecting Navy or AF a waitlist sentencing at this point? II 11/16, first and only so far... freaking out, want to go Navy or AF I think, but those seem the hardest to place into due to less spots...

I mean they only have like ten less spots than the army...? It's not like it's a huge difference. It'll be hard no matter what you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean they only have like ten less spots than the army...? It's not like it's a huge difference. It'll be hard no matter what you choose.

Oh, from what I was reading online it seemed like everyone said Army had more slots which made me think it was overwhelmingly different. Thanks!

Oh, from what I was reading online it seemed like everyone said Army had more slots which made me think it was overwhelmingly different. Thanks!

Nahhhh. Last year it was about 60-50-50 then a handful of public health.

Any more calls recently? Twiddling my thumbs over here...

In the same boat. Still waiting....

When did you interview?
October 19th....I know it was semi-recently but still holding onto the hope that they'll continue rolling October interview calls out....

Can anyone explain what the "critical skills accession" bonus is? Listed as a benefit of a military career, however from my search online I fully don't understand what is needed for it and obligations involved.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain what the "critical skills accession" bonus is? Listed as a benefit of a military career, however from my search online I fully don't understand what is needed for it and obligations involved.
That pertains to folks who already have their desired degree before joining the military. The military gives them a bonus, since they didn't pay for any of the schooling.

Rejected today. Submitted early august. LM 71

Rejected today. Submitted early august. LM 71
Sorry to hear, hope you get good news from another school! Was this pre-II? Was this their first correspondence since the completion email? I submitted shortly after you and fear I may be next.

Got the call yesterday from Col Saguil! Army! Interviewed 9/28.

I am so thrilled to join the class. Good luck to those waitlisted and waiting to interview!

Reactions: 6 users
mannnnn.... i haven't heard much about AF or Navy acceptances in a while.... Any 10/5 interviewees still waiting for the result?

mannnnn.... i haven't heard much about AF or Navy acceptances in a while.... Any 10/5 interviewees still waiting for the result?
Still waiting too. Based on this thread, it looks like they don't review all the apps from the same interview day at the same time; probably a mix of different days. We're heading into five weeks post interview so hopefully we'll hear something next week. The interview e-mail said if we interviewed in early October we MAY hear something within 4-6 weeks. So here's hoping!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who completed their application on or after Aug 29th heard any news yet? Good or bad?

Sorry to hear, hope you get good news from another school! Was this pre-II? Was this their first correspondence since the completion email? I submitted shortly after you and fear I may be next.
Thanks. Yeah it was pre-II. They emailed me after reading my PS about a past medical condition and asked to send them test results. Attending physician said I was good to go. Then rejection ~three weeks later

Buy + will have a car. Appreciate any help! :)

The area around Grosvenor Metro station has quite a few townhomes. I lived with a classmate that bought a townhome in that area. Otherwise, since you will be having a car, you can definitely expand your selection of real estate beyond the immediate vicinity of Bethesda since Bethesda is a very expensive area to be in. Unfortunately can't give much help since I never dived into the real estate market before.

Has anyone who completed their application on or after Aug 29th heard any news yet? Good or bad?
I don't know how helpful this is but my application technically was complete until Oct 26. I was missing a LOR. I was told I was squeezed in for a interview because I was close.

Has anyone had to go through body composition testing? If so did you go to a recruiter or private physician? It's proving difficult to see a recruiter for me but am concerned since they advice against seeing a private physician if possible.

Just rejected, submitted my secondary July 4th. Best of luck to the rest of y'all!

Has anyone had to go through body composition testing? If so did you go to a recruiter or private physician? It's proving difficult to see a recruiter for me but am concerned since they advice against seeing a private physician if possible.
Do you mean the (simple) tape test? Or an actual (complex) body composition test? For a tape test you can just walk into any recruiting station.

Do you mean the (simple) tape test? Or an actual (complex) body composition test? For a tape test you can just walk into any recruiting station.
Just the standard tape test! Sorry if this sound ignorant, but there are local recruiting offices and then the more official regional ones - does it matter where you go? I called the regional one and they were trying to send me to their official doctor office to be taped and it was going to be hours away from where I live......

Just the standard tape test! Sorry if this sound ignorant, but there are local recruiting offices and then the more official regional ones - does it matter where you go? I called the regional one and they were trying to send me to their official doctor office to be taped and it was going to be hours away from where I live......
no no, just go to any random mall with an army recruiter. Every NCO knows how to do a tape test. Even if they don't, army instructions are never written above an 8th grade level. #RockOrSomething

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know how helpful this is but my application technically was complete until Oct 26. I was missing a LOR. I was told I was squeezed in for a interview because I was close.
When did you submit your secondary and what are your stats if you don’t mind?

II just now! I’ve been praying for weeks! Thank god!

Rejected! PhD in Biological Sciences, 506 MCAT, 3.64 GPA and completed August 29 with family military history!

Last edited:
Also rejected today, complete on 08/16. Best of luck to all of you throughout the rest of the cycle! You’re going to make amazing doctors.

Rejected today as well.

Complete early July. Pre-interview "hold".

Last edited:
Rejected today as well.

Complete early July. Pre-interview "hold".

515/4.0.

Not really sure what happened...
Wow! Some of these rejection are really surprising to me! Wishing you better luck at your other school!

Interviewed in October. Placed on "hold" for review later! 3.98 GPA, 514 MCAT. 72.8 LM. Am I mad?..., I couldn't be more impartial lol.

Just grateful to not be rejected.

Interviewed in October. Placed on "hold" for review later! 3.98 GPA, 514 MCAT. 72.8 LM. Am I mad?..., I couldn't be more impartial lol.

Just grateful to not be rejected.
Did you get a letter? Email? Which branch did you apply to? Thanks!

Did you get a letter? Email? Which branch did you apply to? Thanks!
It was mailed to me, had an admissions stamp on it. I primarily chose Army due to the sheer amount of resources you can have, then Navy, then AF, then PH.

I believe the good colonel will call you if accepted; so, a letter at this point, if I had to guess, would be anything but that.

It was mailed to me, had an admissions stamp on it. I primarily chose Army due to the sheer amount of resources you can have, then Navy, then AF, then PH.

I believe the good colonel will call you if accepted; so, a letter at this point, if I had to guess, would be anything but that.

Yea... i interviewed 10/5 and im pretty sure i will get that letter in couple of days haha. Thanks for answering!

For those who have already interviewed here, did you guys send a thank you note? If so, mail or email?
Thank you!

For those who have already interviewed here, did you guys send a thank you note? If so, mail or email?
Thank you!
My interviewers said that they didn't care for thank you notes. But that could have just been them?

Thank you!
I sent emails. I asked at the end for interviewer# 1, and got interviewer #2's email before I asked. I don't see any harm in a quick google to get their email address if you forgot.

Has anyone been accepted/waitlisted recently? Not living where my mail is going right now/no one to check it, so I'm not sure if I should be staring at my phone constantly or not

Has anyone been accepted/waitlisted recently? Not living where my mail is going right now/no one to check it, so I'm not sure if I should be staring at my phone constantly or not
I interviewed 10/5 and havent received a call/letter! Hopefully something happens before thanksgiving!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on 10/5, wait listed via letter 11/16. Good luck everyone!