2017-2018 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting they said that, because I know for a fact that it's incorrect. The first admissions committee meeting is this Monday! So decisions will be made on the 8/31 group then.
Oh thats weird, they told us at the end of the interview at we were going to committee the following day (Friday the 1st) and if we wanted anything else in our file to send it that night

Members don't see this ad.

Do they send out post-interview rejections before Oct 16th?

Do they send out post-interview rejections before Oct 16th?
I heard from a past UC student adcom member they didnt outright reject anyone who interviewed the first month last year, just waitlists

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from a past UC student adcom member they didnt outright reject anyone who interviewed the first month last year, just waitlists

omg my dream beyond dreams. I would be happy to even be waitlisted bc I have no idea how to tell how I did on the MMI. That would be AMAZING

Waitlist would be torture though cause there's nothing you can do until MARCH lol

Waitlist would be torture though cause there's nothing you can do until MARCH lol

Yeah but on the plus side, apparently we took a ridiculous number of wait-list applicants last year, so being on the waitlist isn't too bad!

My application is still marked "incomplete" despite all boxes being checked since earlier this week. Should I email them or just wait and see?

I got my first II from here today, too! Complete 8/31

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they offer student hosts the night before? Or should I start looking on AirBnB?

OOS checking in. Since I participated in the SURF program, I am hoping that will be enough to score an interview. I loved living in Cincinnati for the summer!

late post, but still better than never! excited!

II: end of last week
C: 9/18

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for the double post, that was a mistake on my end

Made the very tough decision to withdraw my application today as I do not have enough money or time off work to attend all my interviews, which I am so fortunate to have received. I hope that spot goes to one of you deserving people <3

Reactions: 6 users
Made the very tough decision to withdraw my application today as I do not have enough money or time off work to attend all my interviews, which I am so fortunate to have received. I hope that spot goes to one of you deserving people <3

holy s*** that's the nicest thing i've read all month. okay good luck getting into whatever top school you're going to end up at!

For those who have interviewed, did your status always say "Application Complete" in the secondary portal or did it change ever (ex. "Sent to screening")?

For those who have interviewed, did your status always say "Application Complete" in the secondary portal or did it change ever (ex. "Sent to screening")?
Mine only said application complete

So are the interviews straight up MMI? Like no questions from our application?

So are the interviews straight up MMI? Like no questions from our application?
straight up MMI but be ready to pull from your experiences to answer some questions...aka know your application

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed last week- any chances of hearing on Monday? I'm not sure when exactly the committee meets but I got the impression that there could be a quick turnaround. Just wondering if I should be waiting on the edge of my seat or chill for a little while

Interviewed last week- any chances of hearing on Monday? I'm not sure when exactly the committee meets but I got the impression that there could be a quick turnaround. Just wondering if I should be waiting on the edge of my seat or chill for a little while

Possible but unlikely. I interviewed in mid/late September and didn't hear back until the end of October. But it varies from year to year.

II earlier this morning! OOS, LM mid-upper 70s, no ties to the school or state, complete mid-late July.

Couple of Questions:
The interview date that I was given is the same date as my interview at my state school. When I email UCCOM to reschedule, how should I address the email? "Dear Admissions Committee" or "To Whom It May Concern:" or something else? Also, should I mention that my reason for needing to reschedule is another interview, or would it be better to just establish that there is a conflict?

Reactions: 3 users
II earlier this morning! OOS, LM mid-upper 70s, no ties to the school or state, complete mid-late July.

Couple of Questions:
The interview date that I was given is the same date as my interview at my state school. When I email UCCOM to reschedule, how should I address the email? "Dear Admissions Committee" or "To Whom It May Concern:" or something else? Also, should I mention that my reason for needing to reschedule is another interview, or would it be better to just establish that there is a conflict?

I always use "to whom it may concern". Sounds more professional.
And I would think that saying it conflicts with another interview is fine. They'll just reschedule you to an OOS interview day, usually.

They'll just reschedule you to an OOS interview day, usually.
I think they had me originally assigned to an OOS day, lol. I'm IS, but there weren't many other IS applicants the day I interviewed.

Monday cannot come soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Think we'll here back Monday? I was in one of the first interview sessions.