2017-2018 University of Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Considering that a bunch of us have been waitlisted in the last few weeks, but the last acceptance reported on SDN was on March 16th, do you think they're planning on only accepting off the waitlist at this point (as people withdraw acceptances)? My anxiety is off the charts ugh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
got hit with that waitlist after 4 months of under consideration... holding out hope for waitlist movement...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS or OOS please and congrats

Sorry for the delay in response. I was IS, regular MD program (non-purch) and I received the email around noon. Thanks for the congratulatory responses.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in response. I was IS, regular MD program (non-purch) and I received the email around noon. Thanks for the congratulatory responses.
of course

If I call to see what the movement will be like this month, will they ask anything to identify me (name, AMCAS ID, etc.) or can I do it anonymously?

If I call to see what the movement will be like this month, will they ask anything to identify me (name, AMCAS ID, etc.) or can I do it anonymously?

Just say wrong number and hang up lmao.

Jk. You can probably do it anonymously ... i doubt they’ll ask and if they do, it won’t look bad or anything.

At this point I just want news (would rather a positive) but will soon go insane if I don't hear anything back. The uncertainty is driving me crazy. How many "under consideration" people are possibly left???

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called - Brenda said that it's slow right now, but we should expect a decent amount of movement (by this I assume she means acceptances) at the end of April.

At this point I just want news (would rather a positive) but will soon go insane if I don't hear anything back. The uncertainty is driving me crazy. How many "under consideration" people are possibly left???

Tell me about it -_-

I was looking at last year's thread and a ton of under consideration people received news on April 25th

I just looked through last year's thread and 4/25 dates depressed me and made me more anxious lol

Have people who applied to PURCH been waitlisted or rejected? I just feel as if they have forgotten about us.

Have people who applied to PURCH been waitlisted or rejected? I just feel as if they have forgotten about us.

I am in the PURCH applicant pool. Currently listed as "under active consideration". People have received rejections and acceptances throughout the cycle in what appears to be bi-monthly waves. I am sure some people have been waitlisted but if they were they may have been waitlistedd for regular MD too and just not know. Keep hanging in there! They will not leave us in the dark forever. If I manage to make it in, I'll be sure to wear my SDN username on my shirt first day of class ;)

Best of luck and keep your heads up! Don't let the application blues get to ya since we all need to be working on anything and everything to get ready!

Reactions: 1 users
hoping for the best, but the sound of silence has never felt more relevant to my life... "hello darkness my old friend".. hahaha

Reactions: 7 users
I think maybe because the portal went down this weekend they're waiting until Monday to give news. Hopefully. I need news.

I think maybe because the portal went down this weekend they're waiting until Monday to give news. Hopefully. I need news.

I'm a little worried that second look weekend came and went without news for us...and the dreaded April 25th wave is coming up. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us in silence though.

anyone go to second look? how was it? Pro/Con of the day/school?

Not accepted yet but would love to know.

Anyone having trouble getting into the portal? I don't think it's still supposed to be down, is it? The sign in page looks fine.

Waitlisted yesterday at ~3:30pm. IS Interview 2/23 Regular MD (non-purch). Received the under consideration email on 3/12. Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted as well yesterday! IS interview December- PURCH, and was under consideration in Jan! Hoping for the best- I loved UMASS, good luck to all!

Also waitlisted yesterday. IS, regular MD - interviewed early November, under consideration email early January

I can feel the waitlist hammer just above my head.... JUST SMITE ME ALREADY!!!

Waitlisted yesterday at ~3:30pm. IS Interview 2/23 Regular MD (non-purch). Received the under consideration email on 3/12. Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted as well yesterday! IS interview December- PURCH, and was under consideration in Jan! Hoping for the best- I loved UMASS, good luck to all!

Also waitlisted yesterday. IS, regular MD - interviewed early November, under consideration email early January

I wonder if any current students have insights on waitlist movement at umass?

I can feel the waitlist hammer just above my head.... JUST SMITE ME ALREADY!!!

I would love a waitlist right about now, if last year is anything to expect for us in silence then I feel the rejection hammer just above my head. : /

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it's possible to get an MPH while also in the PURCH program? Or who I can contact asking this question?

Last edited:
Waitlisted earlier this week. OOS interviewed back in the early fall. Prob going to withdraw

Have people who are still waiting post - II able to log into the portal? I can't seem to access mine.

Have people who are still waiting post - II able to log into the portal? I can't seem to access mine.

I often do it from my phone, make sure you switch to 'desk top mode'... otherwise it acts up.

Has any OOS purch students been waitlisted or rejected yet?

Has any OOS purch students been waitlisted or rejected yet?

I interviewed in November and am still in that UC category. I wish I knew how many spots were filled at this point, but I know all I can do is wait.

Has anyone sent in a recommendation letter post interview? If so, where did you send it?

Withdrew my acceptance for Umass and PRIME. Good luck to all still waiting to hear!!!!