2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone recently spoken with UMass admissions about waitlist movement? I've been seeing movement start at other schools.
I emailed them and all I got was “we will announce all WL positions by the start of classes in August. Majority will come out by mid-July” super vague
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soo I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here, but they said "majority will come out by mid-July". This means that anytime between now and mid-July, most of the WL-->A decisions will be sent out, not that majority will come out during mid-July. Taking into consideration the delays caused by FAFSA, the big WL-->A wave may end up happening during end of May/even sometime in June. Basically, the statement they provided is the same one they would give for any app cycle - it's a typical "non-answer".

Just trying to keep some positivity here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Soo I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here, but they said "majority will come out by mid-July". This means that anytime between now and mid-July, most of the WL-->A decisions will be sent out, not that majority will come out during mid-July. Taking into consideration the delays caused by FAFSA, the big WL-->A wave may end up happening during end of May/even sometime in June. Basically, the statement they provided is the same one they would give for any app cycle - it's a typical "non-answer".

Just trying to keep some positivity here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah what they said, it’s BY mid July, i think they will definitely send them out earlier lol
 
Soo I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here, but they said "majority will come out by mid-July". This means that anytime between now and mid-July, most of the WL-->A decisions will be sent out, not that majority will come out during mid-July. Taking into consideration the delays caused by FAFSA, the big WL-->A wave may end up happening during end of May/even sometime in June. Basically, the statement they provided is the same one they would give for any app cycle - it's a typical "non-answer".

Just trying to keep some positivity here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Good point. It’s just like how for post-II decisions, they said everyone will hear BY end of April. And some people found out in March and early April, so hopefully people will hear before mid-July.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any updates? Has anyone reached out to the adcom about the status of waitlist movement? Thanks so much
I emailed them because I have to commit to enroll to another program by July 1st and they just said good luck in the “coming weeks” as movement happens on the waitlist.
 
I emailed them because I have to commit to enroll to another program by July 1st and they just said good luck in the “coming weeks” as movement happens on the waitlist.
Wait...so were they passive-aggressively saying "good for you on that A, that doesn't change anything" or are they saying that WL movement is most likely picking up this month? Lol these cryptic responses from the admissions teams are sending me
 
I'm trying to work out a complicated commute-- Do any current students or just better-informed applicants have any idea what attendance is like? How many days/classes are required in person?
 
Do you think the lack of WL movement is indicative of the class already being full ? I know for one of my NY state schools they sent email out telling everyone that the class was overfilled so WL movement was extremely unlikely. So I’m just generalizing but who knows 🙁
 
Do you think the lack of WL movement is indicative of the class already being full ? I know for one of my NY state schools they sent email out telling everyone that the class was overfilled so WL movement was extremely unlikely. So I’m just generalizing but who knows 🙁
which school is this?
 
There has probably been some unreported waitlist movement at least. Facebook group has moved from 344 to 357 in the last 2-3 weeks. It's hard to believe that a program that typically has 70 waitlist spots accepted would have such a decrease this year so I'm still keeping my hopes up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I asked a week ago, admissions just said "There is a slight chance there will be movement off our waitlist around our Commit to Enroll deadline (July 12), but we cannot guarantee that."