2017-2018 University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for Duluth! So excited, my top choice!!! First one of the cycle. Non traditional, IS, Lizzy 64 (blah), and good ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite for Duluth!!!! I'm so excited, I LOVE the Minnesota schools :biglove:
IS, complete mid-late July
They actually called, but couldn't get through because I live in a rural area...with terrible cell service... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 users
Am i the only one who hasn't received a secondary??

Am i the only one who hasn't received a secondary??

Do you have a MCAT retake scheduled? I emailed them and they told me that's basically why I haven't received my secondary yet... It just sucks because now it's like rescheduling puts me at a time disadvantage... Now, I'll be a late applicant.

Do you think it is worth finishing my secondary? I am an out of state student, with no ties to minnesota (got nervous when they specifically put the ties question), 509 mcat, 2 years research, and diverse ECs.

Do you think it is worth finishing my secondary? I am an out of state student, with no ties to minnesota (got nervous when they specifically put the ties question), 509 mcat, 2 years research, and diverse ECs.

Debateable.. they really want a diverse class but are also quite picky.

Members don't see this ad :)
How intense is the secondary screening process here? I'm OOS and decided to apply last minute (8/15) and still haven't received one.

How intense is the secondary screening process here? I'm OOS and decided to apply last minute (8/15) and still haven't received one.
I don't think it's too intense. I have a LizzyM in the mid-60s, was verified in early/mid July, and didn't get the secondary until early August. I'm also really non-traditional and OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
It took me a good 3-ish weeks to receive one. Just find the prompts, pre-write it, and blast it away once you get it.

Edit: OOS as well

II received 30 minutes ago!! Stats are below. In-state. Dates offered were only in November.

II at 5:30 today to Twin Cities!!! IS, so excited!!!

Was at UMD recently, looked like about 15 or so pins on the "interviewees" map. Lots of interviews left :)

II yesterday to Twin Cities. My #1 choice! Could not be more excited. OOS technically but extremely close ties to the state.

Does anyone know if I still have a chance of hearing back from Duluth? My email for the II was only from TC, so is that it? I don't know if it means TC is interested but Duluth isn't. My values and career goals strongly align with Duluth's mission, so I'm still really hoping I can get an interview there, too.

II yesterday to twin cities! OOS, with no ties.

Received the secondary for Minneapolis and submitted it about a week ago, Good luck everyone

Rejection email just now. Twin Cities, OOS, no ties to MN.:shrug:.....and then II for another school 15 mins later. :clap:

IS, 502 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, 3.8s GPA, 100s volunteer hours in hospitals and clinics, and multiple medical research projects.

UMN declined to offer Interview Invitation yesterday.

I know the MCAT isn't optimal, but this is a bit of a heart-breaker as UMN was first choice. Now time to attack in another direction.

IS, 502 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, 3.8s GPA, 100s volunteer hours in hospitals and clinics, and multiple medical research projects.

UMN declined to offer Interview Invitation yesterday.

I know the MCAT isn't optimal, but this is a bit of a heart-breaker as UMN was first choice. Now time to attack in another direction.

I think you should consider pretty seriously retaking the MCAT, everything else is golden.

Oh, sorry... forgot to say... I still have an application pending with UMD as well as other schools.

Oh, sorry... forgot to say... I still have an application pending with UMD as well as other schools.

Minnesota had accepted people with your score but keep pushing. You still have a chance at more realistic schools. If you don't have msar, get it

II yesterday to Twin Cities. My #1 choice! Could not be more excited. OOS technically but extremely close ties to the state.

Does anyone know if I still have a chance of hearing back from Duluth? My email for the II was only from TC, so is that it? I don't know if it means TC is interested but Duluth isn't. My values and career goals strongly align with Duluth's mission, so I'm still really hoping I can get an interview there, too.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! TC and Duluth have different programs. They are independent for all intents and purposes. They screen, interview, and offer acceptances separately. So you may get one from Duluth as well. Best of luck.

Edit/Update: Dates were offered in December.

Last edited:
II yesterday to Twin Cities. My number 1 and top choice. OOS but extremely close ties to the state. Submitted Secondary on 08/28.

Reactions: 4 users
would it be appropriate to send an update letter basically saying that my wife just received a position in a graduate lab there and now I pretty much have to go there? I'm an OOS applicant LM=70ish lots of good research and EC's

would it be appropriate to send an update letter basically saying that my wife just received a position in a graduate lab there and now I pretty much have to go there? I'm an OOS applicant LM=70ish lots of good research and EC's

If there's no limit, why not

Do you know if we just send an email to admissions for updates? I don't recall a place to do it on the secondary

I would send them an email inquiring about submitting an update and just lace your reasoning into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they have an email address and contacts on their websites

Interview coming up soon here and I can't help but thinking ahead. Anyone know how long it takes Twin cities to get back to you after your interview? Weeks? Months?

For those who received an interview so far from TC, how long did it take to receive a confirmation of your date?

Mine was confirmed 2 days after I selected a date.

Do you have a MCAT retake scheduled? I emailed them and they told me that's basically why I haven't received my secondary yet... It just sucks because now it's like rescheduling puts me at a time disadvantage... Now, I'll be a late applicant.

OMG i never saw my email. I got it on June 30th :boom:is it even worth applying now? I am so sad :smack:

II yesterday to Twin Cities. My number 1 and top choice. OOS but extremely close ties to the state. Submitted Secondary on 08/28.
First of all, congrats!!!!! Im in almost exactly the same boat, OOS, extremely close state ties, but I got my secondary 8/29 and submitted two days later.

Would you mind sharing your stats and if your app fee took a while to process?

II to Duluth today. They called instead of sending an email. I'm Native and they said the night before the interview I'll get the chance to have dinner with some Native medical students. Super super excited for that!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users