2017-2018 University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II to Duluth today. They called instead of sending an email. I'm Native and they said the night before the interview I'll get the chance to have dinner with some Native medical students. Super super excited for that!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today for the Twin Cities campus! I'm so excited as this is my top choice!! The earliest dates available were for the last week in November.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II today for the Twin Cities campus! I'm so excited as this is my top choice!! The earliest dates available were for the last week in November.

Congratulations! When did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to post awhile back, had an interview couple weeks back at Duluth! OOS, had an awesome time.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all! Just finished my interview here. I am happy to say the MMI was not as dreadful as I thought it would be and much more relaxed with a back and forth. My biggest advice to those of you who want to prepare is do lots of MMI style practice questions. All the ones I found on the internet were of similar difficulty to the ones I actually encountered on interview day!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all! Just finished my interview here. I am happy to say the MMI was not as dreadful as I thought it would be and much more relaxed with a back and forth. My biggest advice to those of you who want to prepare is do lots of MMI style practice questions. All the ones I found on the internet were of similar difficulty to the ones I actually encountered on interview day!

I think I was there with you if you did yours on the 21st! It was a lot of fun!

rejected today...OOS, no ties to MN, LM in mid 60s, non-trad with lots of medical research publications and experience.

Last edited:
rejected today...OOS, no ties to MN, LM in mid 60s, non-trad with lots of medical research publications and experience.

Same here. Rejection letter. Out of State. No ties to MN. Non-trad as well with lots of research and publications. LM 67.

Members don't see this ad :)
+3 on the rejection from twin cities. OOS but strong ties. Kinda bummed, but Duluth is one of my top choices so still hopeful. At least they told me now!

+3 on the rejection from twin cities. OOS but strong ties. Kinda bummed, but Duluth is one of my top choices so still hopeful. At least they told me now!
When were you complete/under review?

OOS, with mediocre ties to the area. Completed early August and still haven't heard a word. I guess silence is better than rejection.

Rejected yesterday, been living here a few months. Complete early August.

Does anyone know how frequently U of MN TC sends emails offering interview invites?
I submitted my secondary on 03AUG2017, MCAT 505, in-state, GPA 3.75. I keep hearing of others who submitted around my time getting invites but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if my stats are too low.

II today! Complete 8/16 OOS... non-traditional, URM.

Humbled and excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
+1 II earlier today. OOS, URM, non-trad, LM 64. Complete 9/17

+3 II last night. Following the trend OOS, non-trad, re-applicant, LM 74, no ties to the state (from upper Midwest though). complete 8/29

Does either campus accept updates? I can't find information either way.

Did you receive email with available interview dates or email that says you are granted interview?
Just an email that stated an interview was granted and that another email would be sent with dates at a later time. I haven't received that 2nd email yet.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SDN mobile

+6

I emailed the Director of Admissions because I needed to make time in my schedule for the trip and the interview. He mentioned that we should be expecting an email sometime this week.

Do we think they'll call anyone today or are we going to be waiting for a while? This is my absolute dream school so the suspense is starting to kill me.

II to both UMTC and UMD!
Interviewing 0n the 31st of Oct. at Duluth. Any one recently interviewed at Duluth? Any tips would be appreciated.

Anyone that got an II on Oct. 10th received the interview dates yet? I'm worried the email got lost in spam :(

Anyone that got an II on Oct. 10th received the interview dates yet? I'm worried the email got lost in spam :(
Nope. No email yet. Per a previous post, we're supposed to receive dates within a week, which it hasn't been yet.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SDN mobile

Just got my Waitlist email at Duluth Med. Blah. :(

Just crossing my fingers ill get the acceptance phone call from twin cities now.

Just got my Waitlist email at Duluth Med. Blah. :(

Just crossing my fingers ill get the acceptance phone call from twin cities now.

What day did you interview? Did they give you a time frame of when they’ll notify you of a decision post-interview?

II to Duluth today. They called instead of sending an email. I'm Native and they said the night before the interview I'll get the chance to have dinner with some Native medical students. Super super excited for that!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
SAME can't wait to see everyone at the dinner/ mixer :D

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email for being waitlisted. Sigh.... Interviewed on Sept 19th.

Got the call from U of MN-Twin Cities saying I got in on Monday!! (10/16) I also interviewed on the first day so no stress if you haven't heard back yet I think. Honestly still can't believe it. Just looking at the people who were there at my interview day, I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten in here and am so so excited by the prospect of attending the U of MN!!

Reactions: 4 users