2017-2018 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the average LizzyM for OOS IIs?

I don't know the average but I have my interview scheduled here, OOS and mine is ~71 if that helps any!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II received 3 days ago. IS for those wondering with strong connections to the school.

I don't know the average but I have my interview scheduled here, OOS and mine is ~71 if that helps any!

Oh snap that is helpful. Did you emphasize primary care in your app? I unfortunately kind of emphasized academic medicine which they might not go for...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II received yesterday although just found out today because apparently it was in my junk mail so Thank god I checked it today!! Anyway, OOS complete 7/22, cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.54 MCAT 506. Lower stats but ~4,000 hours of patient care, worked full time during undergrad, and URM so I guess they saw enough to give me a chance. Definitely a reach school for me!:)

Reactions: 3 users
Oh snap that is helpful. Did you emphasize primary care in your app? I unfortunately kind of emphasized academic medicine which they might not go for...

I didn't necessarily emphasize primary care specifically but I did emphasize access to healthcare in general (which hints at primary care)!

I dont recall seeing anywhere on the application to put state/school connections. If my mom and aunt both graduated from UNC do you think there is a way for me to update and tell them this? Thanks!

II received yesterday although just found out today because apparently it was in my junk mail so Thank god I checked it today!! Anyway, OOS complete 7/22, cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.54 MCAT 506. Lower stats but ~4,000 hours of patient care, worked full time during undergrad, and URM so I guess they saw enough to give me a chance. Definitely a reach school for me!:)

this gives me hope! similar stats and also a ton of patient care hours (have worked 2 years full-time in the medical field - scribing one year and working as an MA the other). Thanks!

I dont recall seeing anywhere on the application to put state/school connections. If my mom and aunt both graduated from UNC do you think there is a way for me to update and tell them this? Thanks!
It doesn't really matter for UNC. They are very anti-connections as long as you are from NC

Members don't see this ad :)
Was in the same boat as many other people secondary went to spam didn't realize until 8 days called and they told me to submit. Submitted my secondary Thursday afternoon heard back on Tuesday morning (2 business days later) I was invited for an interview. In state 3.45sgpa 3.4cgpa 511 MCAT 2000+ patient care hours

Hope this helps good luck everyone!

Was in the same boat as many other people secondary went to spam didn't realize until 8 days called and they told me to submit. Submitted my secondary Thursday afternoon heard back on Tuesday morning (2 business days later) I was invited for an interview. In state 3.45sgpa 3.4cgpa 511 MCAT 2000+ patient care hours

Hope this helps good luck everyone!
I call BS. Absolutely no way they turned you around in 2 days given what time of year it is.

Reactions: 4 users
I call BS. Absolutely no way they turned you around in 2 days given what time of year it is.

I mean I thought the turn around was insane too I almost didn't believe it at first until the link worked lol. I have friends who submitted weeks before me with higher GPAs who still haven't heard back. I dunno I guess I got lucky somehow because it took some schools 2 weeks just to verify my application was complete and ready for review.

II for 9/26! Complete 7/17, 504 MCAT, 3.82 GPA, IS, Non-URM, 1000+ clinical, 1000+ research

II (reapp) complete late July, MCAT 513 GPA 4.0

Got a II this morning, already set to interview next week! 514 MCAT with GPA/s of 3.93/3.80. IS, completed somewhere around 7/19. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

II this week as well, IS Reapp, LizzyM ~70, complete mid/late July

II this week as well, IS Reapp, LizzyM ~70, complete mid/late July
out of curiosity, do you know why you were rejected first time around? did you apply to ECU? 70 is pretty good for both chapel and especially Brody IS....

II earlier today! complete 7/15. OOS & URM

My letter writers procrastinated. The last one was received by UNC Sept. 20, so that's when I was finally complete. :/

No September completions getting IIs yet?

Hey would you mind sharing with me as well? I have a LizzyM of 70 and applied IS to ECU and UNC. Why were you rejected from brody?

Just throwing this out here, because it is a common misconception that high stats=automatic acceptance at Brody. Brody is looking for a very specific type of applicant. The prehealth advisor at UNC once told me that in some ways, it's harder to get into Brody than UNC because they are so heavily mission based. Not saying that your stats don't matter, just that they aren't as important for Brody as you think they are.

Reactions: 6 users
^^^agreed -- rural applicants, military applicants also fit their mission.

Anyone else IS with a 75+ LizzyM still waiting for a II? I think it says around 50% of IS applicants get a II here on MSAR, so I'm kinda worried now...

Reactions: 3 users
Would anyone be able to tell me what time the interview day ends? I'm OOS and need to book my flights but they only gave a start time in the Interview document! Thanks!

Would anyone be able to tell me what time the interview day ends? I'm OOS and need to book my flights but they only gave a start time in the Interview document! Thanks!

Depends on your interview times. You would need to email admissions. The last event of the day is your last interview.

Slight humble-brag flashing that high LizzyM acting like you deserve an II, huh?
uh, I think it was a legitimate question and not bragging.. one would want to know if people with their stats range have received interviews

Sorry if I rubbed off that way, I wasn't intending to at all. I'm just your typical worried applicant who's tryna make guesses about the situation over there, especially since this is one of my favorite schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if I rubbed off that way, I wasn't intending to at all. I'm just your typical worried applicant who's tryna make guesses about the situation over there, especially since this is one of my favorite schools.
They are definitely moving slower this year than last, so I would not be worried. I know a couple people with stats like yours who were complete very early and have not heard anything. They also seem to be scheduling interviews about two weeks out after sending an II.

Reactions: 2 users
If it starts around 8:30-9 then it ends around 2:30-3.

II just now! Earliest date to schedule an interview was Oct 31.