2017-2018 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations! when were you complete?

Thanks! I was complete on 7/18. I'm also in-state. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone who interviewed here get a follow-up email from UNC?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I got an email directly from a couple students. Could have just been a 1 day thing.
I think the email list went to the tour guides, so I think that's probably who sent it out

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they've starting sending out rejections? This was a reach for me so I'm not holding my breath.

Do you know if they send out rejections for MSTP? I submitted mine early Sept.

im just an applicant. I have no idea. Im mostly referring to the fact that they started offering interviews a little later than usual.

Based on what was said during my interview, and what I have read in past UNC discussion threads, this week should be the first week of acceptances. does anybody have information that can confirm or deny this? Some previous posters have said the admissions process is moving slower this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on what was said during my interview, and what I have read in past UNC discussion threads, this week should be the first week of acceptances. does anybody have information that can confirm or deny this? Some previous posters have said the admissions process is moving slower this year.
That's what they said in my interview too. They also said that most people are not accepted the first week so just be patient because it's a long cycle. It seems that most people who interviewed in August and September hear between now and December but there are still people who hear in January and February, particularly those who are wait-listed or rejected.

Question - has anyone that should have been complete long before now not gotten an email yet/not had the portal update?

It still says my last action was 7/28, when I submitted the secondary. However, my LORs were late coming in - the last one was received by AMCAS 9/18 - but I figure UNC should have gotten them by 9/20 or so and I'm a little surprised they haven't said I'm complete yet.

Should I email someone at this point or just be a little more patient?

Question - has anyone that should have been complete long before now not gotten an email yet/not had the portal update?

It still says my last action was 7/28, when I submitted the secondary. However, my LORs were late coming in - the last one was received by AMCAS 9/18 - but I figure UNC should have gotten them by 9/20 or so and I'm a little surprised they haven't said I'm complete yet.

um, my last "update" just says made the payment.... don't think I got a complete email

can anyone else weigh in on this?

Has anyone gotten an II that was complete in August? Complete mid august here and still radio silence, concerning because they interview half of IS applicants and I'm IS, interviewed at ECU about a month ago but silence from here.

Has anyone gotten an II that was complete in August? Complete mid august here and still radio silence, concerning because they interview half of IS applicants and I'm IS, interviewed at ECU about a month ago but silence from here.
me too man :( I would love to go to UNC

oh and did you get a complete email/status update on your portal?

If your portal doesn't say that your secondary has been submitted I would call/email them.

If your portal doesn't say that your secondary has been submitted I would call/email them.
What does your portal look like?

Mine says under recent activities that payment was received, thats it...

Edit: Just sifted through emails and saw it says "Congratulations! You have successfully completed the supplemental application and paid the application fee. If we have need of further information or if upon review of your application materials you are selected for an interview, we will notify you via email" which I assume is a complete email

me too man :( I would love to go to UNC

oh and did you get a complete email/status update on your portal?
I am also still waiting to hear something from UNC. However, I didn't have my MCAT in until pretty late this cycle so not expecting to hear anything for a bit. But my portal shows that payment was received back in July/early August when I submitted and it hasn't changed since. I did get a complete email though at the beginning of August, so I would definitely reach out if you never got one!

I am also still waiting to hear something from UNC. However, I didn't have my MCAT in until pretty late this cycle so not expecting to hear anything for a bit. But my portal shows that payment was received back in July/early August when I submitted and it hasn't changed since. I did get a complete email though at the beginning of August, so I would definitely reach out if you never got one!

What did your complete email say?

It was the email that you posted in your comment above! Glad to see you got it too--hopefully we'll hear something soon from UNC!

Ah okay! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another one. I'm a reapp so I'm hoping that's why they're taking so long cause I got an interview a month after I applied in the past...

Edit: Just sifted through emails and saw it says "Congratulations! You have successfully completed the supplemental application and paid the application fee. If we have need of further information or if upon review of your application materials you are selected for an interview, we will notify you via email" which I assume is a complete email

Got that email too. @calivianya definitely contact admissions if you haven't received this email.

wait, I did not get this, the only 2 emails I have from UNC are the access to the supplemental and the "process overview" email. should I contact them? I submitted mid july and my LOR were all in

EDIT oh wait nevermind I do have it, huh, didn't come up when I searched chapel hill but i just searched your quote. thank god!

Got that email too. @calivianya definitely contact admissions if you haven't received this email.
I received that email when I completed my application on 7/25. However, at the time 0/4 of my letters were in, so I know they didn't have all of my materials.

So, there is no further complete email after they have all necessary materials?

Ah okay! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another one. I'm a reapp so I'm hoping that's why they're taking so long cause I got an interview a month after I applied in the past...

Also a reapp, and was told last cycle that they don't look at our files until towards the end of the cycle. That said, I think I saw some reapps on here with II already. Any thoughts from ya'll?

Also a reapp, and was told last cycle that they don't look at our files until towards the end of the cycle. That said, I think I saw some reapps on here with II already. Any thoughts from ya'll?

For what it's worth, I received secondary mid-July and completed within one week. I received an II in mid-late September, so 2 month turn-around? Stats didn't change, but improved ECs over the course of 1.5-2 years (last application was 2015 cycle) and I think my writing/self-expression was greatly improved. So they're definitely looking at reapps already. I know there was another self-identifying reapp that got an II around the same time as me, so there's definitely hope!

Accepted this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
For what it's worth, I received secondary mid-July and completed within one week. I received an II in mid-late September, so 2 month turn-around? Stats didn't change, but improved ECs over the course of 1.5-2 years (last application was 2015 cycle) and I think my writing/self-expression was greatly improved. So they're definitely looking at reapps already. I know there was another self-identifying reapp that got an II around the same time as me, so there's definitely hope!

Well, congratulations and thank you, gives me hope. I also applied in 2015.

I'm a reapp! I was complete on July 22, and I got an II last week. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted, interviewed in September!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
If we are rejected will that be relayed to us in an email? Or does that come through mail?

OOS II this morning!
Complete 8/25 (secondary 7/24 --> I was worried since I was way beyond their stated two week turnaround preference)
Earliest available dates are late November.

II this morning as well! OOS but strong ties to the state and med school. Good luck everyone! I'm so surprised and excited.

Any other reapps that interviewed here in prior years still sitting in silence? Submitted my secondary mid July...

have you interviewed this term or are you pre-interview?

Nope haven't received an interview yet. I'm IS and I've had significant improvements in my app (grad work, 65 percentile --> 99 percentile mcat, wide variety of unique ECs), basically did everything I was told to do in my post interview feedback lol

Nope haven't received an interview yet. I'm IS and I've had significant improvements in my app (grad work, 65 percentile --> 99 percentile mcat, wide variety of unique ECs), basically did everything I was told to do in my post interview feedback lol
that is huge mCAT improvment!