2017-2018 University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m convinced they’re trolling us now. Every school has released some decisions. How hard can this be?
They might be fiercely debating between you and sciencegirl95 for the final slot

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
D0377433-FD3F-4765-AD8A-B0EB3755C05C.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like the longer they take, the longer they are spending looking at my app and being like oh wait this guy shouldn't actually be accepted haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I read somewhere in this thread that UPenn has a March 15th deadline. Just wondering - where did we find that information??

laughs at meme, remembers this is real life (repeat ad nauseam)
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
I am just imagining the 2019 applicants looking back through this thread :rofl:

Reactions: 10 users
At this point I just want to know which city’s Beyoncé concert to buy tickets for

Come on July 30

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt even apply. Im just hear for the drama.

Reactions: 10 users
When you get an email and have a panic attack only to find out it's an AAMC email

Reactions: 1 users
Not to interrupt these delicious memes, but I just want to pre-emptively delay tomorrow morning's hype train departure from Penn Station. I have a feeling decisions will be Wednesday.

Reactions: 3 users
wait OMG YOU GUYS

upload_2018-3-12_21-44-19.png

all of us:
upload_2018-3-12_21-46-10.png

yes all i do is google train pics and cackle

Reactions: 5 users
we should probably just all prepare for thursday afternoon...

(though a tiny part of me, the tiny optimistic part that is slowly dying, thinks it might be tomorrow

Reactions: 4 users
Not to interrupt these delicious memes, but I just want to pre-emptively delay tomorrow morning's hype train departure from Penn Station. I have a feeling decisions will be Wednesday.
Since I've been wrong every single day for about a week I'm just gonna agree and hope that the pattern continues and it's actually today!

I was kind of hoping our esteemed friend @pumpingfe would post a spicy hype train meme this morning anyway despite my words of caution lol.

I was kind of hoping our esteemed friend @pumpingfe would post a spicy hype train meme this morning anyway despite my words of caution lol.
Every time I try to generate hype it goes wrong. I have concluded that I am bad luck and need to stop posting on this thread.

I thought the Mayo thread was the spiciest before decisions.

I was wrong.

Reactions: 4 users
Just woke up from a dream that I was rejected lol. This is how I feel reading this thread this morning
jaq3s.jpg

Lol what do you know, decisions are up

Waitlist #6!!!!!!!! 0/6 on the east coast baby!!!

Wait my portal hasn't updated yet ...

Lol what do you know, decisions are up

Waitlist #6!!!!!!!! 0/6 on the east coast baby!!!
Where are you all seeing this? Either my portal isn't updated or I am looking in the wrong place!

Where are you all seeing this? Either my portal isn't updated or I am looking in the wrong place!
It just shows up when I log in, no tab. I'm assuming WLs are out first?? Other decisions to follow?

Reactions: 1 users
Thinking decisions would go up on the 15th, I generated another spongebob meme:
26ag0m.jpg

Edit: Also waitlisted

Last edited:
It just shows up when I log in, no tab. I'm assuming WLs are out first?? Other decisions to follow?
Thank you for clarification! And I'm sorry about your luck on the east coast.... but bay area weather is pretty freaking perfect.

ACCEPTED!!!! I'm crying.

The acceptance letter comes up on a tab

Waitlisted too. So weird, why didn't they even send an email? And why is there no tab? Like if I navigate away from that mystical page, I can't seem to get back to it. edit: like 1 min after I posted this they sent an email and there's now an admissions decision tab.

Here's some info: their best guess of students pulled from the waitlist is 12-25. They initially waitlist about 400 in March, and they said by May it will drop down to about 100. You can update them, preferably through the status tab.

Ugh this cycle has been so demoralizing.

Congrats to the accepted :)

Just got the email. And now I see a tab!

Congrats to everyone accepted!!!

Just got the email and my portal is updated.... ACCEPTED!!!! WOOOOO!!!! Anyone know when the merit aid decisions come out?