2017-2018 University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Portal is working for me still.

Members don't see this ad.

For the past 3 years, there was a 2 hr delay between the portal closing and decisions. So, maybe we will see something in the next 1hr?

Members don't see this ad :)
The portal is also still working for me o_O

Mine's normal

This is dumb

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, I think what we have here with the Penn admissions and portal is the model definition for an unhealthy relationship...

Reactions: 6 users
If you’re checking now then the portal is back online. It was offline only briefly earlier today with a network error.

i'm stressed

Guys, I think what we have here with the Penn admissions and portal is the model definition for an unhealthy relationship...

That right there is the portal. Now let's talk about the portal. Can we talk about the portal, please? I've been dying to talk about the portal with you all day, ok?

UaLpJOK.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
When you get a spam call from an unknown PA number in the midst of this speculation...not cool, not cool

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you get a spam call from an unknown PA number in the midst of this speculation...not cool, not cool
Haha buddy I know we're all nervous but Penn doesn't even make phone calls. I'm sure we will all know our fates by tomorrow evening. Wishing you all the best of luck.

We said that all of last week. Don't make promises you can't keep mister :p
I mean they have to select the class by March 15 according to AAMC traffic rules, so it will definitely be this week. Maybe not tomorrow though.

2. The Astrologer: Elevates pre-med overanalysis to an art form slash full time job, and probably missed his/her true calling as a Moneyball-esque sports statistician or CIA agent. Need to know the exactly probability of a decision getting pushed back due to 8 inches of snowfall? Astrologer has a PhD dissertation on hand. Slightly different wording in the Columbia thank-you acknowledgment? They've run it through a textual analysis program. Portal down, for any length of time, for any reason? THE END IS NEAR.

I Feel Personally Attacked By This Relatable Content

Reactions: 9 users
@bae2017 my 6 best friends, my partner, and my mom have been astrologizing along with us all week. Even my generally uninterested dad has been checking in which prompted me to tell him to call Penn himself... he did not

Okay today’s DEFINITELY the day. I know I’ve said it twice now but three time’s the charm!....

I hope you’re right but doing admissions decisions + match day on the same day seems like a lot of activity for the administration!

Update: oops ya Friday. Saw some anxious threads on here about match and got confused

Last edited:
I hope you’re right but doing admissions decisions + match day on the same day seems like a lot of activity for the administration!
Match day is Friday, no? I think today they just hear back whether they’ve matched or not

@bae2017 ahh that’s right. All aboard the hype train!

Reactions: 2 users
Okay nobody panic but either I’m too hype to type my password in correctly or the portal won’t let me log in...anybody else have this problem?

Okay nobody panic but either I’m too hype to type my password in correctly or the portal won’t let me log in...anybody else have this problem?
I just signed in fine... but could still be an indicator!

Hmm well I just tried again in a new browser and it worked...maybe it was my computer, maybe it was the hype, but seems unlikely that it was real :(

Sorry for any undue stress everyone!!! Hopefully decisions will be released soon and we can all stop obsessively looking for signs of what’s to come

Don’t have a good feeling about today anymore.

Reactions: 4 users
They've released decisions on or before March 12th every year since 2014... Hope they don't make us wait yet another day!

Reactions: 5 users
This is probably useless info but I think they just made the FB group private again. Lol

Who wants to read into this with me

This is probably useless info but I think they just made the FB group private again. Lol

Who wants to read into this with me
Maybe they've decided not to accept anyone this year and therefore don't need a FB group for our class. :lame:

Reactions: 12 users

For neurotic portal checkers with an Android, I recommend this app: Web Alert
The site webalert[dot]me has a link to the google play page

It will try logging in in the background and notify you of changes or if its down, as frequently as every minute if you want.

Reactions: 2 users

It will try logging in in the background and notify you of changes or if its down, as frequently as every minute if you want.

Wow, that's some next-level ****.

Reactions: 10 users
I think this is the longest they’ve delayed decisions in years. Something is wrong.

I think this is the longest they’ve delayed decisions in years. Something is wrong.

Nahh, admissions decisions are just shy creatures. They only emerge from their burrows when no one is looking.

Nahh, admissions decisions are just shy creatures. They only emerge from their burrows when no one is looking.
Everyone. stop looking.

Hopefully they didn’t miss the last meeting because of the snowpocalypse and they actually haven’t made decisions yet.

Everyone. stop looking.

Hopefully they didn’t miss the last meeting because of the snowpocalypse and they actually haven’t made decisions yet.
That would be awful. Cuz another nor'easter is going to hit tonight and could delay decisions more

That would be awful. Cuz another nor'easter is going to hit tonight and could delay decisions more

It's just supposed to be rain in Philly, and closely surrounding areas though, so I doubt it will be as severe as the last storm.

Doubt it’s today. But I also don’t think we should necessarily expect the portal to go down beforehand either if they changed the system. We may get an email first.

Wow, that's some next-level ****.

How to get into med school in 2018:

4c0e35578ac78dcfbd972fce6c129a3f864b7424.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
here's to at least one more day of torture y'all...

...trying to keep thinking happy thoughts :unsure:

I’m convinced they’re trolling us now. Every school has released some decisions. How hard can this be?