2021-2022 Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my call last year around 10a, portal updated around 5p. Deferred last year so I’ll be waiting with everyone too!
Best of luck to you this year!!! Would you happen to have any idea if everyone who was accepted got a call, or if just some have? Sending positive vibes to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It looks like in the 19-20 and 20-21 cycles, calls started being reported via SDN around 9-10 am the day acceptances started. Probably given a list in advance, calling during business hours. I'm going to assume that nothing is happening today for my own sanity (and to go along with my day) if I don't see any reports of calls before 11 am :)

Rinse and repeat tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had ABC and XYZ, they were nice but they seemed pretty far apart

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed back in January, and at the end they told us that decisions would be released on March 15th. It was also stated at the end of the Interview Feedback email:

"All final admissions decisions will be sent out by March 15th. We encourage you to continue to add updates to your portal as well as reach out with any questions you may have."

Have more recent interviewers heard otherwise?

EDIT: I now realize there's a big difference between "on 3/15" and "by 3/15"

I interviewed back in January, and at the end they told us that decisions would be released on March 15th. It was also stated at the end of the Interview Feedback email:

"All final admissions decisions will be sent out by March 15th. We encourage you to continue to add updates to your portal as well as reach out with any questions you may have."

I also heard this, but in past years they've also told interviewees this yet released decisions 1st week of March. I think that's why people are anticipating decisions going out soon

Gotcha gotcha I understand the anticipation now haha. I figured I could forget about Penn for another few weeks, but here we go I suppose

They say this every year because by the 15th they are required by the AMCAS to have admitted at least the number of seats they want to fill in their class. So March 15th is the last day possible and just what they say to give students an answer when they ask.

These are the dates they did in past years (even though they said it would be released mid March in past years):

- A: 3/3 (W)
- A: 3/2 (M)
- A: 3/6 (W)

Reactions: 3 users
They say this every year because by the 15th they are required by the AMCAS to have admitted at least the number of seats they want to fill in their class. So March 15th is the last day possible and just what they say to give students an answer when they ask.

These are the dates they did in past years (even though they said it would be released mid March in past years):

- A: 3/3 (W)
- A: 3/2 (M)
- A: 3/6 (W)
oo thanks for posting this! hopefully it'll be on a wednesday again so that we hear back tomorrow :)

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Brass (MSTP) just sent an email that decisions will be released next week at the same time as MD decisions.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we thinking we could hear back tomorrow?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I’m spinning out tonight: does penn R post-interview or just A/WL?

Can those accepted let us know when portals update tonight? Currently out of country so don’t have access to my US number :) thank you

Can those accepted let us know when portals update tonight? Currently out of country so don’t have access to my US number :) thank you
I always wonder if particularly intrepid interviewers try other methods like email, text, or WhatsApp if they can't reach you/know you will be out of the country. Not sure if there is a rule against that but always wondered if that has happened to anyone

Does anyone know how long the calls went on for in the past couple years?

I always wonder if particularly intrepid interviewers try other methods like email, text, or WhatsApp if they can't reach you/know you will be out of the country. Not sure if there is a rule against that but always wondered if that has happened to anyone
The other day I got an A via email instead of call but I had told that school I would be out of US…forgot to do that for Penn lmao

Does anyone know how long the calls went on for in the past couple years?
It looks like in some past years, people report calls up through the early afternoon. Or at least that's what Im telling myself since Im really crossing my fingers here

well, I think I'll be seeing myself out now. is it too late to withdraw before the WL notifications come out????

Just got the phone call for an A. Interviewer initials were MG.

Reactions: 2 users
A :) call at 10 from faculty interviewer initials MG

Or KR? I assume it’s the faculty interviewer right?