2017-2018 University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist. This was my top choice and dream school and really hurts. Congrats to everyone accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any rejections or is this similar to Columbia with almost everyone being waitlisted

Reactions: 1 users
Any rejections or is this similar to Columbia with almost everyone being waitlisted
Last year's thread looked like there were pretty much only waitlists. And in the portal they say there are about 400 of us. So great chances :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! So so so excited.

Issa wrap folks. So thankful to have finally concluded this cycle on a high note, nearly a year after beginning it. Now to make the hardest decision of my life!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well! Anyone know about merit scholarship information?

Accepted as well! Anyone know about merit scholarship information?
This is from the financial aid section underneath the Interview tab of the portal:

"
April 2018

• All scholarships (both merit-based and need-based) are typically announced by mid-April"

Ah accepted! Super excited (and maybe even more excited to finally be able to make some kind of decision).

Reactions: 5 users
Another waitlist. Congratulations to all of you who are going to med school this August. Here’s to the rest of us who’ll just have to try again

waitlisted. pretty bummed. was definitely my top choice

ACCEPTED TO MY TOP CHOICE!! I just started crying at work. will 100% be attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. I interviewed at 6 schools, 6/6 which have now waitlisted me. This is not looking good.

People will be withdrawing some of their offers soon! Don't give up hope guys
cutest-baby-animals-12jpg.jpg

scream crying in my room because going to my dream school just became a reality !!!! ACCEPTED:)

Now that this has all sunk in - I just want to say that honestly, waiting for this decision with all of you was amazing, if only because you put a smile on my face during a high-anxiety time. Congratulations to all!

Accepted MSTP!!! My god, my heart is pounding. No way I'm going back to sleep now...

Accepted!!!!! Thank you to everyone who shared those stupenndous memes these past few days, could not have got through the wait without y’all :’)

So happy I could cry. ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
oh and I forgot to say, I'm so excited for those on this thread who got accepted. I'll see you meme loving, mildly anxious, hilarious kids in residency <3

FINALLY STOPPED CRYING

ACCEPTED TO MY DREAM SCHOOL

Reactions: 9 users
Didn’t interview here but followed along this thread for the memes after seeing you on a few other threads. I had my fingers crossed that you would be accepted and it happened! Congrats!!!
Bruh I sent them so many update letters with my spiciest memes how else you think I got in

EDIT: Also, thank you, of course, for the congratulations and especially for appreciating my memes.

Last edited:

waitlist... Lucky to have some acceptances, but was really hoping for this one

Reactions: 8 users
what do they do with an unranked waitlist? Do they wait awhile to have quite a few spots to fill and then go over every waitlisted app at once and fill all the spots? Idk how else they would deal with an unranked waitlist

Edit: unranked was autocorrected on my phone twice to two different words lmao

Last edited:
Didn’t interview here but followed along this thread for the memes after seeing you on a few other threads. I had my fingers crossed that you would be accepted and it happened! Congrats!!!
+1 I've never been so happy for people I don't know lmao. Congratulations y'all!

Can any current M1s confirm that Perelman is now pass/fail for the entirety of the didactic curriculum (e.i. until December of M2)? I remember this being advertised at interview day, but after looking at the pamphlet that was handed out, it looks like it is P/F until December of M1, and then H/P/F for the remaining year of classroom learning. Considering all of Perelman's peer institutions are P/F for the didactic years, this is a really major consideration for me, so thank you in advance for any input you have!

Edit: The website says it is P/F until December of M2, so I assume the pamphlet is out of date!!! Would still appreciate confirming this, though.

Can any current M1s confirm that Perelman is now pass/fail for the entirety of the didactic curriculum (e.i. until December of M2)? I remember this being advertised at interview day, but after looking at the pamphlet that was handed out, it looks like it is P/F until December of M1, and then H/P/F for the remaining year of classroom learning. Considering all of Perelman's peer institutions are P/F for the didactic years, this is a really major consideration for me, so thank you in advance for any input you have!

To add to this, will it be TRUE pass/fail or is internal ranking still going to be a thing?

To add to this, will it be TRUE pass/fail or is internal ranking still going to be a thing?
All of the preclinical courses are now pass/fail. Until recently, only the courses in the fall of first year were pass/fail, now they all are. The course directors and admin will of course know who does really well on exams, since we are still tested, but this is not used for ranking purposes.

what do they do with an unranked waitlist? Do they wait awhile to have quite a few spots to fill and then go over every waitlisted app at once and fill all the spots? Idk how else they would deal with an unranked waitlist

Edit: unranked was autocorrected on my phone twice to two different words lmao

They use it to fill the missing gaps in their class. For example: if they accepted an engineer major and that person decides to go another school, it would leave the school devoid of an engineer major. They will pull someone off of the waitlists who is an engineer major to fill in that missing gap.

I think schools with unranked waitlists group candidates based on specific traits. E.g. age, background, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, geographic location, major, institution etc.,.

Last edited by a moderator:
They use it to fill the missing gaps in their class. For example: if they accepted an engineer major and that person decides to go another school, it would leave the school devoid of an engineer major. They will pull someone off of the waitlists who is an engineer major to fill in that missing gap.

I think schools with unranked waitlists group candidates based on specific traits. E.g. age, background, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, geographic location, major, institution etc.,.
Dang. Well hopefully some white, male, athletes from the west coast decide to go elsewhere haha