2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

Started by Lawpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they have to adhere to those qualifications? Does anyone know for sure?
They have to. Not those high of stats, like someone had posted (becasue Drew is lowekey HBCU). I had met with an admission counselor at Drew sometime in the past and he told me their committee presents their selected students to a panel at UCLA and UCLA has to approve of the candidates.
 
They have to. Not those high of stats, like someone had posted (becasue Drew is lowekey HBCU). I had met with an admission counselor at Drew sometime in the past and he told me their committee presents their selected students to a panel at UCLA and UCLA has to approve of the candidates.
They don’t adhere to those stats. UCLA does approve Drew’s candidates but they don’t approve them based on the same requirements they make for UCLA students. Generally they just follow Drew’s recommendations. They wouldn’t have interviewed people they couldn’t accept.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That actually makes a lot of sense considering Charles Drew is not on even on the MSAR. Well if that is the case, I am for sure going to get rejected. My MCAT score is pretty garbage lol

I believe Drew and PRIME students are included in the overall stats on MSAR for UCLA.

I thought the AAMC said every program has to give out acceptances in March 15th. This is extremely unfair.

Not every program, but every school. And since UCLA has likely already met the deadline, it's unlikely that the Drew and PRIME programs have to do the same. Drew is it's own school and they have several programs, but their medical school program is a joint effort with UCLA, likely accredited through UCLA as well so they are not treated as their own entity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They haven’t filled their spots according to the lady I spoke to. She said they haven’t given the second round of acceptances just yet and that they haven’t set a date for it either
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I must say this is really unfortunate because of the financial burden this places on many students. Something weird is probably going on this year, I don't assume they intend to make students wait this long.
Maybe there’s someone in admissions that’s better informed that can tell us what’s going on or at least some more details?
 
I just don't understand how it went from "more decisions coming out this week" to "no decisions until the summer". Hopefully they will send out a mass email to all applicants with more information by the end of the month. :shrug:
 
I just don't understand how it went from "more decisions coming out this week" to "no decisions until the summer". Hopefully they will send out a mass email to all applicants with more information by the end of the month. :shrug:

I would think that they send the next acceptances before end of the month since Drew/ UCLA second look is 4/5 & 4/6
 
not sure where you guys have been getting your information but i just spoke to someone in admissions who gave me an extremely clear answer and sounded very confident in what she was saying. she told me that per AAMC traffic rules, they will be giving out the remainder of the 24 seats today. accepted students will get a phone call and then an email. waitlisted/rejected students will get an email only.