2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think they have to adhere to those qualifications? Does anyone know for sure?
They have to. Not those high of stats, like someone had posted (becasue Drew is lowekey HBCU). I had met with an admission counselor at Drew sometime in the past and he told me their committee presents their selected students to a panel at UCLA and UCLA has to approve of the candidates.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the AAMC said every program has to give out acceptances in March 15th. This is extremely unfair.

They have to. Not those high of stats, like someone had posted (becasue Drew is lowekey HBCU). I had met with an admission counselor at Drew sometime in the past and he told me their committee presents their selected students to a panel at UCLA and UCLA has to approve of the candidates.
They don’t adhere to those stats. UCLA does approve Drew’s candidates but they don’t approve them based on the same requirements they make for UCLA students. Generally they just follow Drew’s recommendations. They wouldn’t have interviewed people they couldn’t accept.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They don’t adhere to those stats. UCLA does approve Drew’s candidates but they don’t approve them based on the same requirements they make for UCLA students. Generally they just follow Drew’s recommendations. They wouldn’t have interviewed people they couldn’t accept.
We are saying the same thing

Reactions: 3 users
That actually makes a lot of sense considering Charles Drew is not on even on the MSAR. Well if that is the case, I am for sure going to get rejected. My MCAT score is pretty garbage lol

I believe Drew and PRIME students are included in the overall stats on MSAR for UCLA.

I thought the AAMC said every program has to give out acceptances in March 15th. This is extremely unfair.

Not every program, but every school. And since UCLA has likely already met the deadline, it's unlikely that the Drew and PRIME programs have to do the same. Drew is it's own school and they have several programs, but their medical school program is a joint effort with UCLA, likely accredited through UCLA as well so they are not treated as their own entity.

Reactions: 1 user
....just got the call, I’m in!! Interviewed 2/2!

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ugly crying. I’m in! Interviewed in November.

edit: in state!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Through the roof right now. Accepted!!! In-state, interviewed 11/16

Reactions: 14 users
accepted!!!!!

btw, i’m waaaaaaay out of state lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Well...I can accept my R now Drew, give it to me:arghh:

Congrats everyone!!!!
I really wonder if the calls trickle in or they are done.

Anyone heard back from CDU Prime? Or was this round of acceptances for CDU only?

Anyone heard back from CDU Prime? Or was this round of acceptances for CDU only?

I feel Drew-PRIME related acceptances will be given when PRIME-LA releases their decisions

are there any geffen scholarships left over lol

Reactions: 1 users
are there any geffen scholarships left over lol

You’ll probably get it in a few weeks. I believe 30% of CDU gets the geffen scholarship and typically those that are accepted first are considered for scholarships.

You’ll probably get it in a few weeks. I believe 30% of CDU gets the geffen scholarship and typically those that are accepted first are considered for scholarships.
okay thanks bc moving from the east coast is not gonna be cheap lol

Last edited:
So if we don’t get a call tomorrow we should assume we are waitlisted right

Just called, they said the next round of acceptances won’t be till the summer.

Just called, they said the next round of acceptances won’t be till the summer.
How can people choose to go to Drew if they don't let us know before the deadline? Is everyone else who hasn't been notified on the waitlist?

So did they fill their 24 spots? And everyone else is waitlist? And by summer do you mean post April 30?
The person I talked to didn’t provide me much information, they just said that this Monday they sent their first round and the next round won’t be till around the summer.

They haven’t filled their spots according to the lady I spoke to. She said they haven’t given the second round of acceptances just yet and that they haven’t set a date for it either

But if it’s summer time then yikes because my deposit for my second choice is due next month :(

They haven’t filled their spots according to the lady I spoke to. She said they haven’t given the second round of acceptances just yet and that they haven’t set a date for it either
I just called too and she said the same thing. I didn’t expect anything today b/c it’s match day but DAMN

But if it’s summer time then yikes because my deposit for my second choice is due next month :(

Yeah, I must say this is really unfortunate because of the financial burden this places on many students. Something weird is probably going on this year, I don't assume they intend to make students wait this long.

Yeah, I must say this is really unfortunate because of the financial burden this places on many students. Something weird is probably going on this year, I don't assume they intend to make students wait this long.
Maybe there’s someone in admissions that’s better informed that can tell us what’s going on or at least some more details?

I just don't understand how it went from "more decisions coming out this week" to "no decisions until the summer". Hopefully they will send out a mass email to all applicants with more information by the end of the month. :shrug:

I just don't understand how it went from "more decisions coming out this week" to "no decisions until the summer". Hopefully they will send out a mass email to all applicants with more information by the end of the month. :shrug:

I would think that they send the next acceptances before end of the month since Drew/ UCLA second look is 4/5 & 4/6

not sure where you guys have been getting your information but i just spoke to someone in admissions who gave me an extremely clear answer and sounded very confident in what she was saying. she told me that per AAMC traffic rules, they will be giving out the remainder of the 24 seats today. accepted students will get a phone call and then an email. waitlisted/rejected students will get an email only.

Reactions: 5 users