Sep 12, 2018
Blunt, yes, but brutal? Brutal is letting people languish on the WL until the school year starts, letting those students second guess everything they do, not cutting those people loose to sign leases with confidence and start really imagining themselves at the school they will really attend.
bro don't tell me what is and isn't brutal when you got an A from Columbia lol

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah I got a high priority email... I guess now they officially narrowed it down? I didn't think there would be an interally ranked waitlist... Damn lol

Mar 13, 2018
Can you post with name redacted?
We greatly appreciate your continuing interest in VP&S.

Withdrawals seem to be coming in somewhat later this year than last. Although we do not know how things will go in the weeks that remain, you are among a small group of particularly highly rated applicants on our waitlist. Please be assured that we will keep you under very active consideration. We do understand the stress of this entire process.

Thank you for your patience.

May 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
We greatly appreciate your continuing interest in VP&S.

Withdrawals seem to be coming in somewhat later this year than last. Although we do not know how things will go in the weeks that remain, you are among a small group of particularly highly rated applicants on our waitlist. Please be assured that we will keep you under very active consideration. We do understand the stress of this entire process.

Thank you for your patience.
There’s another email too that’s difference than the “no chance” one. So that makes 3 different emails so far.

Reactions: swissnational
May 10, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Does any brave soul want to call Columbia and see if they can say about how many people are in the two remaining waitlists?

Reactions: here2help
May 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know what the third email said? Not the no chance or high chance, but middle of the road one?

May 10, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Anyone know what the third email said? Not the no chance or high chance, but middle of the road one?
We appreciate your interest in VP&S and are reaching out to provide you an update. We have had considerably fewer withdrawals than we had expected by this time of year, and at the present it does not seem likely that things will work out favorably. That said, we will continue to keep your candidacy under consideration in case things could change unexpectedly.
We wish you the best going forward.

Reactions: here2help
Dec 4, 2018
Do people think that the small group of highly rated applicants mean that you will likely get in before CTE deadlines?

Sep 12, 2018
Hey @labscience you’re totally right. I don’t get to tell you how to feel, and had I received that email it would have hurt a lot. That was a tone deaf thing for me to write.
Hey, thanks for your apology. No worries! I wasn't expecting that much from this WL anyway given how competitive the school is and I've already signed a lease for my PTE school, I was just shaken by how strongly the email was worded. Congrats on your A and good luck!

stickflip723

I wanna grow up to be a debaser
2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey @labscience you’re totally right. I don’t get to tell you how to feel, and had I received that email it would have hurt a lot. That was a tone deaf thing for me to write.
Hey, thanks for your apology. No worries! I wasn't expecting that much from this WL anyway given how competitive the school is and I've already signed a lease for my PTE school, I was just shaken by how strongly the email was worded. Congrats on your A and good luck!
This thread took an oddly wholesome turn. I love it.

May 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Good news everyone! Just got a call from one of my itnerviewers to congratulate me, asked about further WL movement (said "best friend" was on WL also) — they said they expect to roll out some more calls throughout this week so keep hope!!!
Congrats! Wow, this has a strikingly different tone than the email sent yesterday lol.

Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone have a faint idea of when we may hear about further waitlist movement? Such as other schools acceptance deadlines etc. ?

Dec 4, 2018
Wondering the same thing- not sure why they would send the high priority note if they didn't anticipate accepting more than 1-2 people from that list?

Doctors' Docta

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
For all of you that got an II/W/A ... first congrats!
I was wondering if y'all could share insight into how you formatted this collegiate extracurriculars thing? If I have a lot, so I'm not sure if I should just name them and put hours or put dates instead or ...?

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
For all of you that got an II/W/A ... first congrats!
I was wondering if y'all could share insight into how you formatted this collegiate extracurriculars thing? If I have a lot, so I'm not sure if I should just name them and put hours or put dates instead or ...?
I took collegiate to mean university affiliated so I just listed my most significant on campus activities in 3-4 complete sentences. Everything was already in my W/A so I didn't add dates or anything like that. Really a pretty meaningless section but I guess it can be nice if you didn't include everything in your primary. It also gives a snapshot your campus presence which I think is what they're going for since Columbia is so big on extracurricular involvement during med school