2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, so I know ED people were supposed to hear back by now, but I didn't hear anything... Just wondering if anyone else got an acceptance call or rejection email yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Cooper status change from complete to under review?

Has Cooper not been sending out a lot of II? Was hoping to get this one as im IS and based in Philly and they accepted 10 people (1/4) who applied from my undergrad last year but haven't heard anything

Weird question for anyone who has interviewed. I'm staying with family tonight, but I won't be able to go back to their place after the interview tomorrow before heading to the train unless I want to cut it extremely close. If I bring a small bag (like literally, a backpack), would it be super awkward to see if they would hold my bag behind the desk or something? Not sure what the layout is in there.

Weird question for anyone who has interviewed. I'm staying with family tonight, but I won't be able to go back to their place after the interview tomorrow before heading to the train unless I want to cut it extremely close. If I bring a small bag (like literally, a backpack), would it be super awkward to see if they would hold my bag behind the desk or something? Not sure what the layout is in there.

The security guards at the front desk are really friendly. I've had them hold my laptop before for a couple hours. I can't say for sure, but they might.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to steal your alls coffee but they pulled a fast one on me and switched where they put the food and coffee.

Next time though. I'll be ready in two weeks time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Haha. They hid it in the corner by the stairs.

Great to hear! How was the interview day?

It was great. It's an awesome school. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to make it as stress free as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha. They hid it in the corner by the stairs.

It was great. It's an awesome school. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to make it as stress free as possible.
Normally they have it (I believe upstairs), so simple me, walks up and is rummaging around, only to be told y'all were downstairs... I think I saw you in your blues though.

My application was verified on 07/18/18 and I have not received any correspondence with this school. I tried calling today, but I was sent to voicemail. Has anyone had any luck with emailing them? Thanks

My application was verified on 07/18/18 and I have not received any correspondence with this school. I tried calling today, but I was sent to voicemail. Has anyone had any luck with emailing them? Thanks

If you haven’t gotten a secondary yet, I’d probably sit tight. They screen hard and can take time to send them out.

Reactions: 1 users
II today. Available dates were 10/19 and 11/2. Secondary received 7/26 and submitted 7/27.
FeelsGoodMan

Just withdrew my Interview from 10/19. Hope it goes to one of you :)

Sucks having an early interview and then having to wait till Oct 15 to hear back :(

if you have finished your secondary and it says complete, do i just wait at the point. Do they post-screen complete secondaries too?

Did it last year when I was wait listed last year. Didn't make a difference

Yeah, I mean they aren't going to throw an interview at you just because you're around. But they might look at your file earlier to see if they were going to give you one anyway. It worked for me.

Yeah, I mean they aren't going to throw an interview at you just because you're around. But they might look at your file earlier to see if they were going to give you one anyway. It worked for me.
well i meant wait listed post-interview. My fault on clarity

Can anyone tell me how interview day is? Do they give lunch? Also would anyone living near Cherry Hill want to split an uber to the school or back to the airport?

Can anyone tell me how interview day is? Do they give lunch? Also would anyone living near Cherry Hill want to split an uber to the school or back to the airport?

Interview day is not too long. Starts at 7:45. They may or may not do a short tour of the lecture hall and a few rooms downstairs if they are planning to be in use later that day. Otherwise, they take you upstairs to a conference room where they have breakfast. You’re in that room for about 2 hours hearing about the curriculum, the process, student affairs, financial aid, etc. You also go around the room and introduce yourself by giving your name, where you’re from, and what school you went to, then answering the question of the day (it’s a fun ice breaker question). They give you bathroom breaks regularly here and you can eat the whole time.

After the presentations you are divided into three groups. One will go right into interviews, and the other two will do one of the tours (either skills lab or the campus). If you are in the first group, you will go to your interview first. It’s a 2-on-1 interview where one has your whole app and the other just has your name. The interview lasts about 35-40 mins.

After your interview you will wait for everyone else to be done then rotate to the next section. One of the tours is of the skills lab which is very cool. The other is a tour of the facilities given by a couple of fourth years.

After the three sections there is a little informal gathering where students from all 4 years come to mingle and answer questions. Make sure you check out at the desk because they give you a little card with your interviewers’ names on them in case you want to write a thank you email (which you send to the admissions email to be forwarded on). At this point you can leave at any time or stay for around 30 mins or so to mingle and chat.

Lunch is not provided. I was finished around 1 or 1:15.

M1 here--admissions told us there's another round of interviews this Friday and invited us to a meet and greet. Unfortunately, M1s and M2s both have an exam this Friday, and the times overlap, so...
Just don't be too disappointed if there's not many students there for you to meet. It's not because we don't love our school and want you to come here :laugh:

M1 here--admissions told us there's another round of interviews this Friday and invited us to a meet and greet. Unfortunately, M1s and M2s both have an exam this Friday, and the times overlap, so...
Just don't be too disappointed if there's not many students there for you to meet. It's not because we don't love our school and want you to come here :laugh:

There was a mando lecture for the M1s (and possibly M2s) when I interviewed a couple weeks ago and there was still a solid turnout from the M3s and M4s! You guys really love your school!

II this morning! OOS, LM 69, complete 8/10. Dates in mid October and early November.

Reactions: 3 users
Any hotels/places to stay in Camden? I searched for hotels near Cooper, but they're all in Philly (which I understand isn't far, but still just curious). I live in North Jersey so it would take me about 2.5 hours to get there, it sucks that the interview day starts so early but I don't want to drive/take the bus at 4am so I might have to settle for a hotel.

Any hotels/places to stay in Camden? I searched for hotels near Cooper, but they're all in Philly (which I understand isn't far, but still just curious). I live in North Jersey so it would take me about 2.5 hours to get there, it sucks that the interview day starts so early but I don't want to drive/take the bus at 4am so I might have to settle for a hotel.

Check mt laurel and cherry hill. They are 10-15 mins away and you will find good hotels there. Courtyard by Marriott has one, and there’s a crowne plaza in cherry hill that is nice (I stayed there the night before I shipped out for boot lol).

FWIW, the hotels in Philly are still accessible. You can easily drive/uber across the bridge or take the patco if you don’t have a car.

Has anyone received a secondary recently? This is one of my top choices - but I submitted my primary quite late so I deserve this :(.