2018-2019 Des Moines University (DMU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a MO resident and my app was marked complete on 8/16. Still haven't heard anything. I normally wouldn't worry but with other interview offers, one took <24 hours and another took 3 days.
Any idea what their turn-around time has been ?
I have a lot of experience with primary care am interested in family practice so I think this school would be a good fit

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did a mock interview at DMU as part of my master's program there. I don't know if my specific feedback would help you, but they basically said they wanted specific examples for their answers for their questions. It will also vary between interviewers.

Variance between interviewers would make sense because some people said after the interview that theirs had been easy/low key. But mine was definitely a classic stress/behavioral one!

I'm a MO resident and my app was marked complete on 8/16. Still haven't heard anything. I normally wouldn't worry but with other interview offers, one took <24 hours and another took 3 days.
Any idea what their turn-around time has been ?
I have a lot of experience with primary care am interested in family practice so I think this school would be a good fit
It's been longer for some. I asked admissions about mine, it's been thirty days. They thought I'd hear in a few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

My first time ever posting on SDN! I received an II and signed up to go on 9/6. The portal says we should be receiving an email with additional details the week before the interview. I was wondering if anyone else who had interviewed previously or near these dates has received this email yet?

I was complete on 08/10 and received the II on 08/17

Each of these schools has their own process, I received a couple II quickly and two other schools didn't even offer me a secondary...just make sure you complete things quickly and don't stress (in my opinion)

Hi guys,

My first time ever posting on SDN! I received an II and signed up to go on 9/6. The portal says we should be receiving an email with additional details the week before the interview. I was wondering if anyone else who had interviewed previously or near these dates has received this email yet?

I was complete on 08/10 and received the II on 08/17

I got that email on Thursday and interviewed Monday so I wouldn’t worry if you don’t receive it until a couple days before the interview.

Accepted today!!! Interview 8/23! Amazing feeling, good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!! So jealous right now. Also crazy nervous if ad com is currently meeting! I wonder if they'll review the 8/27 interviews today.

I was surprised with the quick turnaround time, even when they told us it would be at the most 2 weeks. Hope you get good news soon!

I was surprised with the quick turnaround time, even when they told us it would be at the most 2 weeks. Hope you get good news soon!

Oh interesting, they told us at most 3 weeks so maybe they're anticipating it taking longer later in the cycle.

Oh interesting, they told us at most 3 weeks so maybe they're anticipating it taking longer later in the cycle.

I think as more people interview, they will have more people to evaluate post-interview so the turnaround time will likely increase. But DMU seems to be running an efficient cycle so just keep sane during the wait and I am rooting for you!

Ad com board meets on Tuesdays, or at least that;s what they told my interview group!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ad com board meets on Tuesdays, or at least that;s what they told my interview group!

Oh interesting! So they probably decided on the 8/23 interviews yesterday and sent emails out today. So my guess is for my 8/27 interview I'll hear next Wednesday. That's good to know!

Congrats to all the accepted students! Starting to get excited about my interview in a few days. Anything I should know before heading to Des Moines?

Congrats to all the accepted students! Starting to get excited about my interview in a few days. Anything I should know before heading to Des Moines?
Yeah... Zombie burger is over rated. Go to smoky D's for BBQ

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Place on pre-II hold. Don't know how I feel about it.

II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know the likelihood of coming off a hold?

First D.O rejection here via email. Good luck everyone. I kinda tossed this school in my list about two weeks ago lol. Also, it was pre-II, and I was complete like 12 days ago

II tonight around 8pm!! Complete 8/3. Scheduled for 9/20.

Reactions: 1 users
For those you are complete, how long did it take you after submitting your supplement app to receive a complete Email? My portal still says not received in the initial review and I submitted my supplement 2 weeks ago. Thanks

Just got accepted!!!!!! Literally shaking and freaking out at work I'm so excited :) Interviewed 8/27!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted!!!!!! Literally shaking and freaking out at work I'm so excited :) Interviewed 8/27!

Congratulations!! How was the interview at DMU? I read they changed it this year from relaxed personal interview to more of behavioral/situational. How did you prep for it?

Congratulations!! How was the interview at DMU? I read they changed it this year from relaxed personal interview to more of behavioral/situational. How did you prep for it?

I probably wrote one of the posts you read about how the interview changed! I was expecting a totally chill conversation and it ended up being intense and I actually thought it went really poorly. I had just prepped the standard interview questions and it ended up being a lot of situation/behavioral stuff. Goes to show they evaluate the application as a whole I guess!

Accepted as well! Interviewed 8/27

Reactions: 3 users
Omggg CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted!!! I was hoping they'd review 8/31 interviewees yesterday and let us know today, but that was wishful thinking lol. Crossing my fingers nonetheless; it'd be a dream to go here!!

Omggg CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted!!! I was hoping they'd review 8/31 interviewees yesterday and let us know today, but that was wishful thinking lol. Crossing my fingers nonetheless; it'd be a dream to go here!!

Do they send out acceptances/rejections on Thursday, or is Wednesday the only day with lots of activity? I really hoped to hear today for 8/30

Do they send out acceptances/rejections on Thursday, or is Wednesday the only day with lots of activity? I really hoped to hear today for 8/30

Based on this thread, it looks like some people got accepted on a Thurs and Fri as well. So maybe we’ll hear something this week yet!!

Hello ladies and gents, I don't know if this is a stupid question, but I checked the thread and could not find much info. How are letters received for this school. Is it mandatory to go through aacomas? I ask because I have my letters stored with my undergraduate institution, so it has been difficult figuring out how to have them uploaded to aacomas at the moment, I've literally been sending letters to schools directly at this point in time. Any advice? At any point after the primary submission, does the school prompt you to have letters submitted to them?

Complete 7/26 and haven't gotten anything about a hold, rejection, or II... just silence

Based on this thread, it looks like some people got accepted on a Thurs and Fri as well. So maybe we’ll hear something this week yet!!
I was hoping that today would be the day but no word yet : /