2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the general knowledge/consensus that the next wave of decisions will come in late April? Or has some new information surfaced of which I am not currently privy...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the general knowledge/consensus that the next wave of decisions will come in late April? Or has some new information surfaced of which I am not currently privy...

I had an interview last week and they said the committee will be meeting a lot more frequently now. They’re going to be updating the portal with more dates soon but people will probably be hearing back every 1-2 weeks

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone's "Defer" page update/change at all after submitting your response? Figured I would receive at least some indication that my response was received (the response choices at the bottom of the page would lock, I would receive an email stating that my response was submitted, etc.) but nada...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone's "Defer" page update/change at all after submitting your response? Figured I would receive at least some indication that my response was received (the response choices at the bottom of the page would lock, I would receive an email stating that my response was submitted, etc.) but nada...
No, it doesn't change after submission.

I withdrew my acceptance but does anyone know how to get back the deposit? is the refund issued automatically?

Reactions: 3 users
I called the Admissions Office today and asked about DUCOM adding dates to their decision week list on the portal. I was told they may or may not update the portal with additional dates, that they cannot give me an indication on when I may hear back (I interviewed mid-February), and that I may hear back at any time.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody started the background check and fingerprint stuff? It says it needs to be in by 6/15 and can take up to 12 weeks.

withdrew my acceptance today! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist- I hope one of you gets my spot! =)

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys is anyone bringing anyone (parents, significant other, etc) to second look?? Not sure if that’s a thing at this school.

It’s for the students. I brought nobody for mine (and nobody else did, either) and to my knowledge that hasn’t changed. Email just to be sure, though.

What are guys wearing to second look? Nice pants and a sweater or should I rock a button down?

does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the closed file student interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the closed file student interview?

I wouldn't prepare beyond what you already have for your faculty one. It's literally a lunch and a tour, the students are super nice and aren't trying to trick you at all.

Also, just noticed an update in the portal. For all us deferred folk, we should find out within 10 days about our status.

Do they accept additional updates via email? I already used up the allotted one on the portal a few months ago.

You’ll be asked questions like “what do you do for fun”. Basically, do we think we’d like this person as a classmate? Don’t overthink it.

like everyone else said, there is no real way to prepare. Important : engage with others, do not interrupt, ask questions, show interest, make small talk. Basically, act like a decent human being:)

Has anybody started the background check and fingerprint stuff? It says it needs to be in by 6/15 and can take up to 12 weeks.
the background check takes about a week normally, i did that and it was very fast... i havent done fingerprinting yet..... I heard that if you go to a place that does it digitally, it takes 6 weeks or so....

I withdrew my acceptance but does anyone know how to get back the deposit? is the refund issued automatically?

Beats me. Withdrew 3 weeks via the portal, but no refund so far. I emailed the admissions office the same day and have yet to get a response. Might be worth a phone call. I'll call this week and let you know!

I am female , but for guys (which I guess you are ) nice pants and sweater should be fine I think . With dress shoes

Eh the dress code is casual so I’m going with dark jeans, a casual but nice button down shirt, and just some comfy shoes that aren’t worn out. I don’t think dress shoes are necessary for a casual dress code! Unless you prefer those of course :)

Did deferred people’s tab that said defer disappear with the portal update?

Eh the dress code is casual so I’m going with dark jeans, a casual but nice button down shirt, and just some comfy shoes that aren’t worn out. I don’t think dress shoes are necessary for a casual dress code! Unless you prefer those of course :)
no, that DOES sound nice, - dark jeans with button down shirt. Sounds like a nice combination.

Anyone hear about scholarships yet?

Pre-II hold from months ago, but just submitted an update on the portal. I know chances are near impossible at this point but do they still review updates for those who are on hold?

Pre-II hold from months ago, but just submitted an update on the portal. I know chances are near impossible at this point but do they still review updates for those who are on hold?
Portal says they’re still offering interviews, it was updated today

Just withdrew my acceptance here, hoping it goes to one of you deserving people!

Reactions: 8 users
does anyone know what has happened in the past when they said deferred applicant should be hearing? historically were many people who were deferred then accepted, or do they usually move to the waitlist

Reactions: 5 users
HEY GOODLUCK EVERYONE I JUST WITHDREW MY ACCEPTANCE.

Naw jk i wish i was accepted...just fishing for likes..thats what my life has boiled down to...

Reactions: 5 users
WL just now. Interviewed 9/12, deferred mid-November. Gearing up for the post-April 30th frenzy:coffee:

It's time to let me go Drexel. I've been on hold for months - end my cycle!

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Can any current students comment on how difficult it is to have your clinical rotations be in or near Philadelphia? Don’t really want to be shipped out to california

Can any current students comment on how difficult it is to have your clinical rotations be in or near Philadelphia? Don’t really want to be shipped out to california

Nobody out at Kaiser is there if they didn’t want to be. Only 20 students rotate there a year.

As for getting a spot in/near Philly, it depends on your luck in the lottery. Most people want to do their rotations close to the city but that obviously isn’t feasible. So, unless you get an all-year spot at Abington or Crozer (there are all-year sites at York, Allegheny General, Reading (this won’t be an option in a few years), and Kaiser-Sacramento as well), you could end up having to move around and have rotations in York, Easton, Reading, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and even Erie for FM. There are quite a few more local spots as well: Hahnemann, St Chris, Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia, Virtua, St Francis, Abington, and Crozer.

Who’s going to the Friday night event before Accepted Students Day?

Nobody out at Kaiser is there if they didn’t want to be. Only 20 students rotate there a year.

As for getting a spot in/near Philly, it depends on your luck in the lottery. Most people want to do their rotations close to the city but that obviously isn’t feasible. So, unless you get an all-year spot at Abington or Crozer (there are all-year sites at York, Allegheny General, Reading (this won’t be an option in a few years), and Kaiser-Sacramento as well), you could end up having to move around and have rotations in York, Easton, Reading, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and even Erie for FM. There are quite a few more local spots as well: Hahnemann, St Chris, Mercy Fitzgerald, Mercy Philadelphia, Virtua, St Francis, Abington, and Crozer.
Would you say that you at least get some rotations at the local hospitals?

Would you say that you at least get some rotations at the local hospitals?

Yes, it is more likely than not you’ll get to stay close for most of your rotations.

Interviewed 12/5, deferred 3/13, waitlisted today. Anyone know what drexel is like when it comes to people coming off the waitlist? How many waitlisted usually and percentage to get accepted? Also what're the chances drexel gets back to someone before the commit days? I have one acceptance with a commit day of 5/13...do they generally attempt to get people off waitlist prior to these days?

Do any current students have thoughts on Hahnemann laying off 175 people today/potentially closing? That would have to affect clinical rotations, right?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
MSAR says 25 people on the waitlist get acceptances each cycle. I think the current WL people and people with II's are to build a pool of WL applicants and then selected 25 from there. Just my thoughts

MSAR says 25 people on the waitlist get acceptances each cycle. I think the current WL people and people with II's are to build a pool of WL applicants and then selected 25 from there. Just my thoughts
I did notice that they started notifying people that they were on the waitlist a lot earlier this year, though. Last year, the waitlist wasn't formed until May

During interview they mentioned they will be waitlisting more people due to new rules

does anyone know how many people according to last year were on the waitlist?? if 25 got taken off