2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

verified 5/31. Maryland resident.

undergrad: cGPA 3.19/sGPA 2.95
graduate (40 credits): cGPA 4.0/sGPA 4.0
overall: cGPA 3.39/sGPA 3.28

MCAT: 508 (126/124/129/129)

Secondary received!
Submitting later today after work

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t received yet, but got an email from them a few hours ago about #askLECOM...anyone else get that?

Maybe I’ll get it later today

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
2' received and submitted. No extra essays : )

I’m applying here shortly. Just need to finish up my application. Any suggestions?

Generally moderate to low stats, Ohio resident, MCAT is June 30.

And today is my 38th birthday! Must eat much cake. It is not a lie!

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary Received and Submitted!
No essays, just identifying information and SAT/ACT scores to fill out!

Good luck to everyone applying!

SAT/ACT???

haha, yeah, they ask for either scores that you have!

I spent a good 10-15 minutes combing through my old email to find my login information for collegeboard and found my scores.
It was surprisingly nostalgic to think about how far I've come and how long ago I took the SAT.

Just got an email that I don't have MCAT scores in to get a secondary and can submit AIS now. I take MCAT on July 7th, which means probably won't get to LECOM until mid August. Any thoughts on using AIS to get secondary? I am not sure if my MCAT will still be reviewed with my app or is it better to wait for it?
When you spend all spring making sure your application is there on the first day and yet they might not review it until August... bang head on door

They received my secondary and are reviewing it now. This school works fast!

Verified may 20th
Submitted secondary June 18
Received and processing secondary June 19

SAT/ACT???

There are studies that SAT/ACT scores are indicators of success in medical school and they’re known to take them into consideration of the applicants overall profile would benefit. Some of the ADCOM are not fans of the MCAT in helping them identify those who will succeed in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else's card not work? I got the weirdest message saying there was like a syntax error or something? and then I got an email saying my app was in but I had not paid, but that i couldn't go in and pay again in the portal and they would send a follow-up email in a few days with alternative payment methods. just don't want my app lost in the shuffle due to some processing error!

EDIT: also checked my bank account- was charged the 50 dollars and then refunded the 50 dollars. so weird.

There are studies that SAT/ACT scores are indicators of success in medical school and they’re known to take them into consideration of the applicants overall profile would benefit. Some of the ADCOM are not fans of the MCAT in helping them identify those who will succeed in med school.

So....I took the SAT and ACT over 20 years ago. God I hope they don’t use those scores against me.

So....I took the SAT and ACT over 20 years ago. God I hope they don’t use those scores against me.
Haha agreed. I don't see how they could use a test that most of took like 6+ years ago. In high school we were just kids.

It says "The following ACT/SAT information is optional and will not affect your application"
I don't think I am going to share mine (they weren't great lol)
They have developed an algorithm that they believe can predict how well you will do based on sat/act scores. Idk what it is or if it is actually legit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

When I went to the open house a few weeks ago, we were told students can get accepted with just a good AIS score (ACT/SAT + college GPA). I’m actually applying this route since I won’t have my MCAT score till later in the cycle.

When I went to the open house a few weeks ago, we were told students can get accepted with just a good AIS score (ACT/SAT + college GPA). I’m actually applying this route since I won’t have my MCAT score till later in the cycle.

Yea --> I'll take my chances with my MCAT (85th percentile) over my dipstick 16-year-old self who took the SAT (70th percentile)

Haha agreed. I don't see how they could use a test that most of took like 6+ years ago. In high school we were just kids.

It’s true, but pre-meds like you have been pontificating about it on these forums for at least the past 3 years.

You only need one acceptance. If LECOM is cool with I wouldn’t sweat it. The end product is good.

It’s true, but pre-meds like you have been pontificating about it on these forums for at least the past 3 years.

You only need one acceptance. If LECOM is cool with I wouldn’t sweat it. The end product is good.
Yep my goal through the whole process is "I only need 1 school to love me to become a doctor" :D

Received secondary this afternoon!

What makes you guys prefer Erie over Seton Hill or vice versa? Just curious!

Received secondary this afternoon!

What makes you guys prefer Erie over Seton Hill or vice versa? Just curious!

Seton Hill only has PBL, and I rather keep my options open!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

anyone see when II started going out last year?

First Secondary Received and Submitted (6/19, 6/26)
GPA ~3.9, MCAT 505
Best of Luck, Everyone!!

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Re-applicant (waitlisted at SH), Verified 6/23, just submitted the supplemental.

Kinda bummed because a 2 days ago was issued a speeding ticket that I have to appear in court for and I had to list that in my supplemental :(

I blame heavy metal music
I do not remember the exact verbage in LECOMs secondary but schools don't really care too much about traffic violations (unless you were going 50 over the wrong way in a school zone lol).

How were you notified? Stats?

Email. 3.18/521. They want me to come in July though and I’m going to try to reschedule it as I live almost a thousand miles away from Erie but go to school nearby. Hopefully they’re understanding.

Email. 3.18/521. They want me to come in July though and I’m going to try to reschedule it as I live almost a thousand miles away from Erie but go to school nearby. Hopefully they’re understanding.

I'm sure they will be. Good luck!

It came at 1:24 PM central time. My admissions status on the portal reads " Congratulations you have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. The week of your interview, we will call you to confirm your attendance."

II about an hour ago!! So excited! 2nd time applicant, first ever II!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I’ll be interviewing August 24! If anyone else is then let me know!

If I remember correctly, you can choose your date on the portal.

Any idea on how frequently they send out II's? I submitted the day I got the secondary (6/19) and have similar stats (3.18 undergrad/4.0 Masters/ 515 MCAT) so I am hoping this isn't fortuitous

I’ll be interviewing August 24! If anyone else is then let me know!

I'm thinking of picking this date! Are you interviewing at SH?

EDIT: Never mind! I just realized this is for Erie.

Just got II! I'm a nontraditional student and practicing PA for 5 years. LizzyM of 63

Reactions: 3 users
For the people who received II, when were your secondaries submitted and verified?

Secondary submitted 19th. Verified the 6th

I submitted the secondary june 18th and was processed on june 20th. I am very likely in a different pool of competition, however. LECOM has an accelerated physician assistant pathway that cuts off 1 year of med school for current PAs. There are 12 slots for this in the class every year. So I don't know if I'm reviewed differently from others?

Did you guys have to do anything special regarding LORs? When I check my credits on the portal there's nothing in the drop down menu. Does this mean they don't have my LORs yet?