2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they give anything to the students? I doubt it, but just asking! If any students that go there now know

Members don't see this ad.

Do they give anything to the students? I doubt it, but just asking! If any students that go there now know

Not sure what you mean by that but when I interviewed there they gave us a folder containing all the financial aid information, core rotation sites, curriculum overview, some history on LMU-DCOM and some other interesting papers. They also gave us a nice little bottle with the LMU logo.

Not sure what you mean by that but when I interviewed there they gave us a folder containing all the financial aid information, core rotation sites, curriculum overview, some history on LMU-DCOM and some other interesting papers. They also gave us a nice little bottle with the LMU logo.

I think they may mean does the school give students a laptop, tablet etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you share the rotation sites by DCOM?

I think they may mean does the school give students a laptop, tablet etc.

Ah, that. Nope, I don't believe so. When the students were giving us the tour of the campus they mentioned having to buy their own laptop/Ipad.

Had to cancel my interview here. Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting!

Does anyone have a copy of the official (or non-official) calendar for 2019-2020? I was just wondering when the start date it! I know the bootcamp is July 6th....

Has anyone received an email about the additional items we need to turn in order to matriculate (Background check, drug test, etc.). I have tried to sign in to the portal but the system will not allow me to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @alprazoslam, I just tried to send you a PM but it said I’m not allowed. Will you send me one so I may ask you a question please?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know of any pet friendly housing options. I have a large dog and I’m not seeing any viable options.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone think it would be worth it to start an application at this point? I didn’t look at this school until recently.

I most likely won't be coming in until later in the day if that is okay with you?
Hey! Sorry for the late reply! I didn't have access to the net for the last 2 weeks during the holidays. My bf decided to drive me down instead last minute. Thank you so much for the offer though!

Facebooks groups have opened, it's starting to feel more real!

Living expenses for Knox-- $750, right? I haven't seen a single affordable place at that price. But I don't have the sheet in front of me at work, so I may be off?

Living expenses for Knox-- $750, right? I haven't seen a single affordable place at that price. But I don't have the sheet in front of me at work, so I may be off?

It honestly depends what you are looking for. There are a lot of apartment complexes near this school and within a 10-20 mile radius. Within the $750 range you are probably looking at a studio-2 bedroom apartment (a 2 bedroom at a bare minimum complex), although I don't know your circumstances, given your name is premedmommy I'm assuming these living arrangements probably won't cut it. Therefore, I presume you are looking for a Townhouse or a Rental House of some sort? If that is the case then you are probably looking in the $900-1400 range based on what I have been seeing online. Again this is all based on what you are looking for.

It honestly depends what you are looking for. There are a lot of apartment complexes near this school and within a 10-20 mile radius. Within the $750 range you are probably looking at a studio-2 bedroom apartment (a 2 bedroom at a bare minimum complex), although I don't know your circumstances, given your name is premedmommy I'm assuming these living arrangements probably won't cut it. Therefore, I presume you are looking for a Townhouse or a Rental House of some sort? If that is the case then you are probably looking in the $900-1400 range based on what I have been seeing online. Again this is all based on what you are looking for.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I was looking more for an affordable two bedroom. Though it may end up being that I have to split my family up for a while in order to make that amount work. Unless I can find another family to split a house with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interviewing the 11th. What was the cold interview like? What kind of questions did they ask? Its my first school interview so I am nervous.

I am interviewing the 11th. What was the cold interview like? What kind of questions did they ask? Its my first school interview so I am nervous.

There is a school page on SDN where people have posted their previous questions. You should use that to prepare it is very helpful. I think all of my questions came from that page actually. It was a fabulous interview though and very laid back.

There is a school page on SDN where people have posted their previous questions. You should use that to prepare it is very helpful. I think all of my questions came from that page actually. It was a fabulous interview though and very laid back.

Could you please link that page? Appreciate it

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

It was my first interview as well and I was crazy nervous too but trust us when we say it’s a very low-stress conversational interview. Just be a normal human being and you’ll have nothing to worry about! They are very welcoming and friendly!! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Having a total brain fart.. Does anyone remember the attendance policy/schedule for first year? thanks!

I thought I had remembered them saying it's not mandatory except for a few lectures that requires everyone or something.
Thank you! I am wondering if the days are consecutive etc. Possibility of living farther from campus to save $$?

At work, so unable to get on facebook. If you email admissions they should be able to help you out.
Talked to admissions, said that the person who handles that is out of office for a few days. Do u think u can send the link whenever ur free? I would rlly appreciate it

Thank you! I am wondering if the days are consecutive etc. Possibility of living farther from campus to save $$?

I wouldn’t suggest that. The lectures from 8-12 are usually not mandatory, but you can count on something going on in the afternoon 3-4 days of the week. So even if you don’t commute for the lectures, you’ll still have to be on campus a good bit.

I wouldn’t suggest that. The lectures from 8-12 are usually not mandatory, but you can count on something going on in the afternoon 3-4 days of the week. So even if you don’t commute for the lectures, you’ll still have to be on campus a good bit.

That’s the info I was looking for! Thank you.

Is this place still giving IIs? I did one last year, but have not got one yet

Live close you’ll be on campus 3-4 days a week first year usually. 2-4 second year

They do. I just received my II today! Best of luck to you

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Does anyone have some input on which town to live in if you are going to the Harrogate campus? Currently trying to decipher between the Gap, Middlesboro, Harrogate (obviously) and possibly Tazewell....

I received an interview a few days ago for next month :) I had a question though: When I arrive at the mcghee tyson airport, does Knoxville have ubers/lyfts that can take me straight to Harrogate? I recently broke my foot and it will be difficult for me to drive.
No, they do not. And it's a 75-minute drive from the airport. Some people have had luck carpooling through this thread. Maybe post your interview day and flight arrival date & time to try your luck meeting up with a fellow interviewee. You can also try to contact admissions about this to see if they can coordinate something with another interviewee for you. Good luck!