2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a call from the school but i missed it and went to voicemail. For some reason the voicemail got cut off so does that mean I still got in or nahh? Interviewed on 1/18

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received a call from the school but i missed it and went to voicemail. For some reason the voicemail got cut off so does that mean I still got in or nahh? Interviewed on 1/18

Yes you still got the acceptance. There should be an email in a few days with your acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a facebook group yet for accepted students or no?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the upcoming few interview dates? Based on the threads here, they have interviews every week?

uhh i tried to pay the deposit online and i followed their instructions but it says "no account balance to pay". does that mean i just gotta give it a few more days before i am able to pay the deposit?

uhh i tried to pay the deposit online and i followed their instructions but it says "no account balance to pay". does that mean i just gotta give it a few more days before i am able to pay the deposit?

Yeah it may take a day or two for the account to be updated.

harrogate vs. knoxville anyone?

Those who choose to go to the meet and greet the night before interviews may want to get there early - I saw a few people get there around 6:25 who ended up sitting at a separate table by themselves with very little interaction with current students.

Members don't see this ad :)
harrogate vs. knoxville anyone?

Knoxville campus is new, close to populous downtown and has more housing options. It is right close to that biggest shopping mall, Turkey Creek. It has more employment opportunities for your significant others. Harrogate campus is in rural area and its beautiful campus is surrounded by Smoky Mountain. Lots of natural scene in Harrogate campus. Commuting between the two campuses is 57 miles and 1 hour 15 minutes. Overall, i think both campuses would equip you well for the board exams and an Awesome physician.

Reactions: 3 users
Knoxville campus is new, close to populous downtown and has more housing options. It is right close to that biggest shopping mall, Turkey Creek. It has more employment opportunities for your significant others. Harrogate campus is in rural area and its beautiful campus is surrounded by Smoky Mountain. Lots of natural scene in Harrogate campus. Commuting between the two campuses is 57 miles and 1 hour 15 minutes. Overall, i think both campuses would equip you well for the board exams and an Awesome physician.
How can you tell if a school will well equip you for boards by touring it as a premed? The schools avg comlex 2018-2019 = 490s when the country avg was 520s.

How can you tell if a school will well equip you for boards by touring it as a premed? The schools avg comlex 2018-2019 = 490s when the country avg was 520s.

I hear a level of excitement and optimism in Johnny’s post, while I hear cynicism and disappointment in yours. The last thing a new matriculant needs is a dark rain cloud spoiling their triumphal entry into their new school.

Perhaps you could offer an encouraging word, or some wise advise instead? Our goal is simply to become physicians, and in the process, crush the boards.

Reactions: 6 users
I hear a level of excitement and optimism in Johnny’s post, while I hear cynicism and disappointment in yours. The last thing a new matriculant needs is a dark rain cloud spoiling their triumphal entry into their new school.

Perhaps you could offer an encouraging word, or some wise advise instead? Our goal is simply to become physicians, and in the process, crush the boards.

I asked a question then posted the schools average boards from this years deans hour which I think was asked somewhere in the pages of this thread.

How is that cynicism? I didn’t say it was the schools fault. Just stating numbers. On a bright note they did increase dedicated time greatly for this years second year class since we are only allowed to say nice things lol. There is plenty of board advice in the usmle thread. I was genuinely interested in acquiring this ability to telll if a program is great by touring it to use when I apply to residency next year.

Last edited:
Though DCOM provide a great environment for students to grow, in the end, the success of board exams highly depends on individual endeavors.
Postgraduate Placement Information - Lincoln Memorial University
Looking at the Residency Match in 2017, there was 100% graduate placed. DCOM students were matched into a wide range of specialties, including competitive Radiology and Ophthalmology. So I think DCOM would equip well students for board exams and for being the Savvy physicians!

Alpra
You are correct. Many of the schools flaws (not great OMS2 curriculum and mixed bag of rotations) are made up by the flexibility the school gives us now. They trashed most of the pointless didactic work for third years (PTL) and gave the class under mine more boards time. Plus you really don’t have to do all your rotations at your core. Fourth year is almost all electives which is nice. Just wish they had a teaching hospital affiliated with them that would have been great. The increased board prep time is good too since oms2 has so many meh mandantory time wasting lectures. They ARE trying to get better hence why I don’t dispise the place.

If I had to pick a DO school in the south it would be LMU since I know WV and pikeville are not so flexible and VCOM is lol not great. We did have several 260+ scorers in my class and we will have to see how this current match season plays out and more importantly the next since it’s post full merger.
That flawed curriculum is new to me. Thanks for sharing.
I am too and am dreaming of 260+ every day. :D
Best wishes on your residency matching next year!

Last edited:
Received an II about an hour ago, but I'll be declining. Hope it goes to one of you lovely people. :)

Hey guys,

I have looked through DCOM's website but it doesn't give any COMLEX I score averages, it only shows pass rate. Does anyone have any info with regards to what the averages have been in the past few years?

This question has been probably answered but for the optional dinner the night before interview day, can we bring parents? It says you can bring a spouse, but I don't have one..

Yes, there were multiple people with their parents when I was interviewing! They got there for the tour.

On interview day, do people have to declare which campus (Harrogate vs. Knoxville) they prefer? Or no decision is made until after acceptance?

Also does anyone have more info on the new campus? Such as the address and approximate location in Knoxville. Nothing is coming out online.

On interview day, do people have to declare which campus (Harrogate vs. Knoxville) they prefer? Or no decision is made until after acceptance?

Also does anyone have more info on the new campus? Such as the address and approximate location in Knoxville. Nothing is coming out online.

You pick your preference at the interview day (harrogate, Knoxville, or no preference). Once accepted, they look at your preference and place you at your preferred campus.

The Knoxville campus is in west Knoxville, the address is 9737 Cogdill Drive.

if you choose no preference, does it hurt your chances at admission?

if you choose no preference, does it hurt your chances at admission?

It doesn’t. Your preference does not impact admissions decisions. At the end of the day, LMU DCOM will make the ultimate decision for campus selection. They will, however, try to place you at your preferred campus (if you elect one) if there’s an opening and they think you’d fit.

Accepted via phone call just now! I was so excited that I forgot to ask which campus it was for

Reactions: 4 users
Complete 01-07, II 01-10, Interviewed 02-01, Accepted 02-09 over the phone!!! Praise God, wow.

Feel free to message or ask me any q’s!

Reactions: 8 users
Complete 01-07, II 01-10, Interviewed 02-01, Accepted 02-09 over the phone!!! Praise God, wow.

Feel free to message or ask me any q’s!
Oh hey! Interviewed on the same date and got accepted 2/9 as well. Congrats!

Oh hey! Interviewed on the same date and got accepted 2/9 as well. Congrats!

Yay!!! That's awesome. Many congratulations :D And thanks!

according to some friends I have in third year the school is struggling to find placement ahead of time for knox students. Even though its two years out this is worrisome. The school is contacting current preceptors (who already have 4-5 students at a time (PA and DO program combined) trying to get them to take more. this is not always the case but dont forget the PA program is also branching out in knoxville so spots may be tight.

Buyer beware.

These are questions you all should ask admissions or during interviews to see if its really worth going here. See if they have a good strong response to clinical placements before spending 50k a year going to LMU DCOM. I bet if you ask where they will place knox students they will beat around the bush and be dodgy.- but again, dont take my word for it just ask them.

on a bright note we get more board prep this time than previous years by like 6 weeks (which probably isnt all needed)

Hello,

Regarding rotation sites, are there any news with expansion for the new class size? Where will they rotate? How is the school doing in terms of board passing, specially USMLE? Also, are they trying to tight down students to do primary care or do they let you pick any specialty you like ?

Hello,

Regarding rotation sites, are there any news with expansion for the new class size? Where will they rotate? How is the school doing in terms of board passing, specially USMLE? Also, are they trying to tight down students to do primary care or do they let you pick any specialty you like ?

Postgraduate Placement Information - Lincoln Memorial University
Looking at the Residency Match in 2017, there was 100% graduate placed. Approximately 41% (Allopathic ACGME) and 59% (Osteopathic AOA). DCOM students were matched into a wide range of specialties, including competitive Radiology and Ophthalmology. How Awesome LMU DO are!

Questions for anyone who could give an informed answer.

I don't know about the rumors, the only thing that has me worried is the rotation for the new campus and going through the first two years then having no where to rotate. Wonder what would happen if that was the case.?
How often do you have exams ?
How long do you have to study for the boards, and is there a board prep ?

I didn't have a chance to ask those questions in interview day since there were lots of stuff going on that day.

Thanks

Just withdrew my acceptance here, I hope it goes to one of you waiting!

Are we issued a laptop? If not, are people using Mac at this school?

not issued, but you are given an allowance to go buy one. I haven't heard of anyone using a mac, but I never asked :)

Got acceptance call today...interviewed 2/8!

Just received an II, but I've deposited elsewhere. Will be declining. Hopefully one of you guys can benefit!

DCOM has a “bring your own tech policy,” so it seems! I saw a number of students using macs. From various conversations during my interview, it sounded like most med students were between macs and surfaces.

Reactions: 2 users
DCOM has a “bring your own tech policy,” so it seems! I saw a number of students using macs. From various conversations during my interview, it sounded like most med students were between macs and surfaces.

I gotta say those Surface Pros run smoothly. My buddy has been using one in grad school and they're pretty sweet.

Reactions: 2 users

I saw this video and was inspired to learn some new tech: