2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got pulled off the waitlist today! Withdrawing from my master's program!!

Reactions: 4 users
I know this is kind of off topic but if anyone had the choice to pick between LMU-DCOM and WVSOM which would you pick?

In my opinion WVSOM is a solid school when compared to LMU-DCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
In my opinion WVSOM is a solid school when compared to LMU-DCOM.

Do you even know anything about LMU-DCOM? I just created an account because I am tired of people bashing this school. LMU-DCOM is very solid from its faculty to its students. If anybody has a problem with that, they can message me directly.

I am no way saying DCOM is not a good school. I have couple of friends that attend WVSOM and I keep hearing that the faculty and staff were so helpful and personable and the schedule for the day was well thought out and effective! The facilities on campus are absolutely gorgeous and modernized. WVSOM had the most spectacular simulation center with the most robotic SIM patients of all the open houses I have attended.

I am no way saying DCOM is not a good school. I have couple of friends that attend WVSOM and I keep hearing that the faculty and staff were so helpful and personable and the schedule for the day was well thought out and effective! The facilities on campus are absolutely gorgeous and modernized. WVSOM had the most spectacular simulation center with the most robotic SIM patients of all the open houses I have attended.
I think DCOM has the same qualities, but you probably don’t know that. So, you shouldn’t say one school is more solid than another without equally knowing both sides.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think DCOM has the same qualities, but you probably don’t know that. So, you shouldn’t say one school is more solid than another without equally knowing both sides.

I mean, all they said was WVSOM is solid and gave some reasons why. We get it, you’re hyped on DCOM...but chilllll bruh.

If you want to actually be productive maybe make a list of things unique or exceptional at DCOM to help compare the two instead of just being angsty

Reactions: 1 users
I mean, all they said was WVSOM is solid and gave some reasons why. We get it, you’re hyped on DCOM...but chilllll bruh.

If you want to actually be productive maybe make a list of things unique or exceptional at DCOM to help compare the two instead of just being angsty

It was the wording used. It definitely came across as putting DCOM down. “Solid when COMPARED to LMU-DCOM” sounds like they were saying DCOM is a lower school. It’s cool if that’s not what they meant. But that’s how it came across over text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am chill, but from what it has been said it seems like DCOM isn’t “solid”, which it isn’t true. You said that I need to mention stuff that are more productive, when in reality you should say this to the person who made the comparison and not me. If who made the comparison mention the pros and cons of each school and show why he/she thinks one school is better than the other, then that’s productive.
I think people should make their choices based on facts, if people put on the table the facts why DCOM wouldn’t be the best choice over WVSOM and explain why, then that’s a good way to debate. But only showing the good points of one school and simply implying the other isn’t “as good” is not the best way to help someone. Not trying to argue here, just making a point.

It was the wording used. It definitely came across as putting DCOM down. “Solid when COMPARED to LMU-DCOM” sounds like they were saying DCOM is a lower school. It’s cool if that’s not what they meant. But that’s how it came across over text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, that’s who I interpreted it too.

I am chill, but from what it has been said it seems like DCOM isn’t “solid”, which it isn’t true. You said that I need to mention stuff that are more productive, when in reality you should say this to the person who made the comparison and not me. If who made the comparison mention the pros and cons of each school and show why he/she thinks one school is better than the other, then that’s productive.
I think people should make their choices based on facts, if people put on the table the facts why DCOM wouldn’t be the best choice over WVSOM and explain why, then that’s a good way to debate. But only showing the good points of one school and simply implying the other isn’t “as good” is not the best way to help someone. Not trying to argue here, just making a point.

All I was trying to suggest is that if you’re passionate about something, maybe try to find a way to express it productively instead of combatively. Or we can cry about semantics all day if you really want to. But if that’s the case, I never said anything was necessary to be productive and you claiming otherwise hurts my little feelings.

Personally, idc where they go. Both schools are “solid” af and they’ll get a great education at either. Notice I’m not invested in one over the other so I’m not making an argument for either. Picking a school is a huge decision and a lot of factors both personal and professional should be taken into account. My only advice [mention]premedDO1213 [/mention] would be do your own research. Make some calls, message current students, comb through school websites, etc. For sure read forums too, but be aware of biases. Certain ones are* a cesspool of highly polarized neurotic...colleagues. They’re fun to play with, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t trust anyone but yourself to decide which school fits your needs better. If you truly want some help, dm me.

Last edited:
All I was trying to suggest is that if you’re passionate about something, maybe try to find a way to express it productively instead of combatively. Or we can cry about semantics all day if you really want to. But if that’s the case, I never said anything was necessary to be productive and you claiming otherwise hurts my little feelings.

Personally, idc where they go. Both schools are “solid” af and they’ll get a great education at either. Notice I’m not invested in one over the other so I’m not making an argument for either. Picking a school is a huge decision and a lot of factors both personal and professional should be taken into account. My only advice [mention]premedDO1213 [/mention] would be do your own research. Make some calls, message current students, comb through school websites, etc. For sure read forums too, but be aware of biases. Sdn is a cesspool of highly polarized neurotic...colleagues. They’re fun to play with, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t trust anyone but yourself to decide which school fits your needs better. If you truly want some help, dm me.
Now I see the help. That’s what this forum is missing. Good job

Has anyone heard if they're planning on having classes in person for the fall or will they continue to be online since the COVID situation seems to be worsening in Tennesee?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from recent interviews? For the Harrogate campus

Last edited:
Accepted via Phone Call to the Knoxville campus! (Interviewed 5/29)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to the Knoxville campus! Received the phone call about 30 minutes ago. (Interviewed 5/29)

Reactions: 3 users
School opens admissions cycle. Interviews X% of applicants. Some accepted, small amount rejected, others waitlisted. Application cycle closes.

School reopens application cycle to admit more people without emptying waitlist.

Is this a new trend?

School opens admissions cycle. Interviews X% of applicants. Some accepted, small amount rejected, others waitlisted. Application cycle closes.

School reopens application cycle to admit more people without emptying waitlist.

Is this a new trend?

I think considering the circumstances surrounding the virus, its hard to say what their reasoning is. From the outside looking in, its a little strange. But who knows their reasoning.

Personally, idc where they go. Both schools are “solid” af and they’ll get a great education at either. Notice I’m not invested in one over the other so I’m not making an argument for either. Picking a school is a huge decision and a lot of factors both personal and professional should be taken into account. My only advice [mention]premedDO1213 [/mention] would be do your own research. Make some calls, message current students, comb through school websites, etc. For sure read forums too, but be aware of biases. Certain ones are* a cesspool of highly polarized neurotic...colleagues. They’re fun to play with, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t trust anyone but yourself to decide which school fits your needs better. If you truly want some help, dm me.

You have a very fluid definition of solid

@NorthEastDO This forum requires your input

Interviewed about a week ago, just heard I didn't get in. #7 on the waitlist at William Carey. Getting into medical school is weird.

Don’t give up. You can do it.
It was just pretty weird. The interviewer said that I would probably be on the list to be considered to get in. The admission rep at the school then sent me an email after the interview with the names of the two individuals who interviewed me. I asked her if there was a good email address to send a thank you note to, since they had told me they were making a decision in only a few days, and she writes back to me that I should get an email account. Yea, not at all impressed with Janice Lamb. She definitely came across as either passive aggressive or incompetent. It's not that hard to read a simple email correctly.

Just withdrew my acceptance hoping it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Just received the acceptance call! Accepted to the Harrogate campus. Interviewed 3/6, waitlisted 3/18!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got off the waitlist for Harrogate! Interviewed 3/20, waitlisted 4/6, accepted 6/12.

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone give me any insight about living in downtown Middlesboro - is it a safe place to live?

Those with multiple acceptances/ that already know where they want to go, if you can please notify schools asap to drop your seats/ remove you from waiting list, that would be so appreciated!! This is the last month of hope for WL movement for those of us without any acceptances. And we'd rather hear back sooner than last minute so we can arrange housing, etc. Thanks!!!

• Haha
Was recently accepted to another school, so my seat went to one of y'all when I withdrew my acceptance last week.

Those with multiple acceptances/ that already know where they want to go, if you can please notify schools asap to drop your seats/ remove you from waiting list, that would be so appreciated!! This is the last month of hope for WL movement for those of us without any acceptances. And we'd rather hear back sooner than last minute so we can arrange housing, etc. Thanks!!!

But in response to this, AACOMAS traffic guidelines spell it out pretty clearly:
"After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate" (AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines).
TLDR: It's really not in any accepted student's best interest to hold multiple acceptances at this point so I doubt there are too many still juggling. I hear you about having to rush to coordinate housing and all of the pre matriculation checklist items though. Good luck regardless! There can be movement up until the first day of class so you really never know

I doubt those with multiple acceptances are still holding multiple spots. May 15 was traffic day. I think what it is is that some people who got accepted to DCOM are on the waitlist for others schools that they actually want. No student who only has one acceptance (In this case to DCOM) will give it up just to help people further down on the waitlist.

Does anyone know if you we can qualify for medicaid while living in Tennessee? Kentucky residents can get medicaid so that may decide which side of the tunnel I will live on. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you we can qualify for medicaid while living in Tennessee? Kentucky residents can get medicaid so that may decide which side of the tunnel I will live on. Thanks!

Tn doesn't have Medicaid they have TNcares. It's much easier to live in KY and qualify!

Tn doesn't have Medicaid they have TNcares. It's much easier to live in KY and qualify!

That is their “Medicaid” but Kentucky has expanded Medicaid and that’s why students frequently qualify.
Does anyone know how much health insurance would be through the school/ if they offer it for grad students?

That is their “Medicaid” but Kentucky has expanded Medicaid and that’s why students frequently qualify.
Does anyone know how much health insurance would be through the school/ if they offer it for grad students?
DCOM doesn't offer health insurance for their students.

ATPsynthase. Love the name! Fellow WLers anyone hear any news? How many seats remaining and how many on the waitlist?

I called last week and Ms. Porter said the class is full at both campuses. They anticipate movement from the waitlist even in July & last year they had 50 people get off of it.

Got the call last week! I think I’m still a little in shock because I have been preparing to re-apply. I am excited to start my journey at LMU-DCOM! For those still on the waitlist, don’t give up hope! There is still all of July for you to get off the waitlist!

Reactions: 9 users