2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent one too a while ago and I’ve repeatedly emailed and called but haven’t received a response. I think they’re busy with matriculation.
I would call her again and there is nothing you would loose.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t mean it in a bad way but how are they still inviting people? Does that mean that the waitlist is small?

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t mean it in a bad way but how are they still inviting people? Does that mean that the waitlist is small?

This is just my guess, but I think when they extended the secondary deadline, they needed to add a few more dates to give everyone a fair chance. I only say that because there are numerous people on this thread that are still waiting for a spot.

My guess is they have more spots open than people on the waitlist so they’re covering up their behinds to make sure they have a full class.

The Harrogate GroupMe chat is at 140 people who should be all class of 2024 students and no one else. LMU tries to account for people giving up their spot to go to another school, but I am not sure how many spots are realistically left open. Good luck to those interviewing! You may be interviewing for a spot on the wait list but there’s always a chance. (I occasionally see people leaving the chat probably because they chose to attend another school. So spots will open up here and there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this mean that another 100 spots available at Harrogate? My understanding is that Harrogate has around 250 spots per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please check how many members are now in the Harrogate GroupMe chat for class of 2024 students? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have a feeling the only reason they reopened the interview session was because even with admitting those on the waitlist, they still wouldn’t have a full class. I understand they extended the secondary but I doubt it was because of the virus. Most schools did not extend their secondary because of the virus.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a feeling the only reason they reopened the interview session was because even with admitting those on the waitlist, they still wouldn’t have a full class. I understand they extended the secondary but I doubt it was because of the virus. Most schools did not extend their secondary because of the virus.
Well I haven't been admitted off the waitlist unfortunately.

Isn't it sleazy that schools would re-open interviews while leaving applicants on a waitlist? What is the point of a waitlist if they are going to pull bystanders and put them at the front of the line?

Well I haven't been admitted off the waitlist unfortunately.
In my opinion, they’re going to exhaust all their possibilities before pulling in bulk off of the waitlist. They’ve pulled a couple people off but I think in July is when they’ll see they don’t have any other option so they’ll start pulling from the waitlist in large numbers.

I doubt they will put the people interviewing tomorrow, as in myself, ahead of those already waitlisted. As has been said, they’re probably adding to the end of the waitlist and then pretty much letting the waitlist in. Sounds like they don’t have a full class yet

In my opinion, they’re going to exhaust all their possibilities before pulling in bulk off of the waitlist. They’ve pulled a couple people off but I think in July is when they’ll see they don’t have any other option so they’ll start pulling from the waitlist in large numbers.
I sure hope you're right. Do you have any idea if the waitlist is ranked? If it is, could we get our position?

I emailed Ms. Porter 1.5 weeks ago asking for my position on the WL with no response, however we were told in the interview that the WL is not ranked. Do you guys really think they’ll pull in bulk from the WL?

The waitlist is supposed to not be ranked but I know someone that interviewed January and was placed on the waitlist and another interviewed February and placed on the waitlist yet the February person received an acceptance of the waitlist before the person from January.

I doubt they will put the people interviewing tomorrow, as in myself, ahead of those already waitlisted. As has been said, they’re probably adding to the end of the waitlist and then pretty much letting the waitlist in. Sounds like they don’t have a full class yet

I believe they will still accept someone with stellar stats over someone on the waitlist. Last year the waitlist had a lot of movement end of June up to 2 weeks before classes started, but this was mostly for the master's students. I believe around 25-30 students were pulled up from the waitlist, but last year was fairly unusual for LMU-DCOM with the opening of the new Knoxville site.

Many of the master's students from this year have also been waitlisted pending arrival of spring grades which were finalized this week. Good luck everyone! From my understanding, students can still be pulled off the waitlist up to the first day of orientation plenty of time to see movement still.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe they will still accept someone with stellar stats over someone on the waitlist. Last year the waitlist had a lot of movement end of June up to 2 weeks before classes started, but this was mostly for the master's students. I believe around 25-30 students were pulled up from the waitlist, but last year was fairly unusual for LMU-DCOM with the opening of the new Knoxville site.

Many of the master's students from this year have also been waitlisted pending arrival of spring grades which were finalized this week. Good luck everyone! From my understanding, students can still be pulled off the waitlist up to the first day of orientation plenty of time to see movement still.
Well, doing a one year master’s of science program at Johns Hopkins and retaking the MCAT if I don’t get in. Medical school is competitive for everyone

Are you saying that the spring grades were finalized this week or they reviewed the Master's students on the waitlist this week? Also does anyone have an estimate of how many people or on the waitlist?

Last edited:
Are you saying that the spring grades were finalized this week or they reviewed the Master's students on the waitlist this week? Also does anyone have an estimate of how many people or on the waitlist?
Spring grades were finalized for the master's students enrolled in Neuroanatomy.

Just so I’m clear, I didn’t mention the GroupMe chat number to indicate how many students were accepted... I used it to show how many people have joined a random group chat on their own, indicating that the class is getting pretty full. It’s not like we are added to the group chat when we get accepted. No one knows for sure how many spots are left. There are more people in the Facebook group than there are spots and there are certainly not 100 spots left open based on the GroupMe number.
There will be people coming and going with movement in other schools. It’s all pretty uncertain but I hope the best for those waiting to hear back! I do think there are still spots open, maybe around 10 without anyone dropping. People will drop and that will open more spots.

Well, doing a one year master’s of science program at Johns Hopkins and retaking the MCAT if I don’t get in. Medical school is competitive for everyone

If you feel that your GPA and MCAT are what’s keeping you from getting accepted, then that’s a great idea. I did an SMP and feel that that’s the only reason I got accepted. I had stellar grades in difficult classes and retook the MCAT to be competitive. Don’t lose hope!

Just so I’m clear, I didn’t mention the GroupMe chat number to indicate how many students were accepted... I used it to show how many people have joined a random group chat on their own, indicating that the class is getting pretty full. It’s not like we are added to the group chat when we get accepted. No one knows for sure how many spots are left. There are more people in the Facebook group than there are spots and there are certainly not 100 spots left open based on the GroupMe number.
There will be people coming and going with movement in other schools. It’s all pretty uncertain but I hope the best for those waiting to hear back! I do think there are still spots open, maybe around 10 without anyone dropping. People will drop and that will open more spots.

If there are only 10 spots left, then it’s more of a “slap in the face” for those on the waitlist that they reopened interviews. (Not hating on the new interviewees) I’m pretty sure there are more than 10 people on the waitlist just by counting those who have stated they were on the waitlist in this forum.

If there are only 10 spots left, then it’s more of a “slap in the face” for those on the waitlist that they reopened interviews. (Not hating on the new interviewees) I’m pretty sure there are more than 10 people on the waitlist just by counting those who have stated they were on the waitlist in this forum.

Again I don’t know exactly how many spots are open, I’m just taking into account that we’ve already had accepted students day and all that which makes me think they don’t have many spots left. No offense to anyone on the waitlist, if you received an interview it is because they believe you have potential to succeed. I do not know what makes someone chosen for acceptance or chosen for a waitlist. But those people were put on a waitlist for some unknown reason, so they aren’t going to be first pick if there are others left to be interviewed. Although it stinks for many of you, I appreciate how thorough they are in their interview process to TRY and find the best matches for the school. I’m not saying it’s a perfect process, but I think they want to give as many people possible a chance.
Personally from interactions thus far and looking at the Facebook group, I only recognize one other person from my interview group that was accepted with me. Just because people are being interviewed does not mean they will be chosen above someone with a better app/interview on the waitlist.

A lot of people have predicted high rates of attrition and deferral between now and the start of the fall semester, university-wide (due to COVID). They may be worried about that, and are trying to bump up their waitlist pool in anticipation.

Or they may have had more people decline admission or wait list placement than usual.

I see people saying “unranked waitlist” like that means it’s first-come first-served. It’s not. It’s unusual to be interviewing this late, but they aren’t going to completely ignore those on the waitlist in favor of new interviewees. You will probably be reviewed together. Their admissions numbers are just probably not where they want them to be.

Can someone send the Facebook or other links available out there for the class 2024. Thanks

Also anyone here looking for the roommate to share apartment at Harrogate campus?

A lot of people have predicted high rates of attrition and deferral between now and the start of the fall semester, university-wide (due to COVID). They may be worried about that, and are trying to bump up their waitlist pool in anticipation.

Or they may have had more people decline admission or wait list placement than usual.

I see people saying “unranked waitlist” like that means it’s first-come first-served. It’s not. It’s unusual to be interviewing this late, but they aren’t going to completely ignore those on the waitlist in favor of new interviewees. You will probably be reviewed together. Their admissions numbers are just probably not where they want them to be.
I agree. That's what I think and what makes the most sense.

If you feel that your GPA and MCAT are what’s keeping you from getting accepted, then that’s a great idea. I did an SMP and feel that that’s the only reason I got accepted. I had stellar grades in difficult classes and retook the MCAT to be competitive. Don’t lose hope!
I interviewed for the school today. Really like the interviewers. My stats are right on the number for being competitive but there always people with ridiculous numbers who apply. Would be a great school to attend. I had a 501 MCAT, 3.3 science, and 3.6 cumulative.

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone send the Facebook or other links available out there for the class 2024. Thanks
I don't think it is ideal to send the link here. If you are accepted, they will probably send the link in your email.

They said they received almost 6,000 applications (a little less than that, I just don't recall the exact number). I do think that they are still interviewing because they haven't reached the number of students they want to have on the waitlist. They review applicants on a case by case and pull them out of the waitlist after reevaluating them, and not just for the fact he/she was waitlisted before. There is great chance of someone interviewing now to get accepted right after the interview if they have better stats/ activities than someone who was waitlisted. People have to stop assuming things and just understand that if you are waitlisted, it is because the school thinks you can succeed, but there might have more competitive applicants that the school wants to make sure they have it. At the end of the day, after the more competitive applicants are accepted, the more competitive applicants from the waitlist will be pulled out, on a case-by-case. I hope this helps to clarify some doubts.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a zoom interview May 28th and they said there are still spots. My interviewer said, "I believe you are the second interview of May" and sort of implied that they are continuing to pull people for interviews, but I didn't specifically ask that question.

Can a current student give any insight to what my schedule here would be like? What time do classes start and end during the week, are classes the same times everyday or do we get out at different times on other days, etc?

The schedule for Fall 2020 just went up on the website in case you still needed it

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist my first acceptance !

Reactions: 6 users