2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post the secondary questions once you receive them. Check last year's thread in the 2017-2018 SSD forum for last year's questions, they tend to not change very much from year to year.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Louisiana State University Shreveport School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my primary! I wonder when they'll update the secondary app PDF on the admissions page.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email about the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)

I was about to ask the same question.
Last year, though, they didn't send out secondaries, so I'm just gonna download one off their website and send it in.

I have not. It's good to know that they didn't send them out last year. I'll just check the admissions page every day lol.

I didn't know this...so they just go straight to interviews??

No you have to complete the secondary. They just don't send it out because they don't screen applicants before the secondary like some schools do.

No you have to complete the secondary. They just don't send it out because they don't screen applicants before the secondary like some schools do.
So they just post the secondary on their website and anyone who is interested has to just go on there and complete it? Interesting.

Anyone worried about their application not being processed on time for ED?

Anyone worried about their application not being processed on time for ED?
Have you submitted your AMCAS yet? AAMC puts Early Decision applicants at the top of the list. Mine was verified within the hour!

Also, the link to the secondary is updated for this year. Same questions as before.

Have you submitted your AMCAS yet? AAMC puts Early Decision applicants at the top of the list. Mine was verified within the hour!
Yes! I did today! I spoke with an AMCAS employee though and he said they are a month behind in processing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I did today! I spoke with an AMCAS employee though and he said they are a month behind in processing.
Wow, they are very behind. But congrats on submitting it!

Also, how long are y'all making your diversity essays? I was thinking around one page single-spaced, but I am not sure if that would be too much. (Also, sorry for bombarding this thread w/ Q's)

Also, how long are y'all making your diversity essays? I was thinking around one page single-spaced, but I am not sure if that would be too much. (Also, sorry for bombarding this thread w/ Q's)
I mailed my secondary in yesterday and my essay was one page double-spaced. Although I'm sure single spaced is good!

just kidding I found the 2019 one! Is anyone waiting to receive an email before mailing their secondary? Or are y'all just going to mail them in ASAP?
Where did you find the 2019 one? I only have the 2017 from the website.

Mine is one page single-spaced!

Hmm do y'all think it is bad if I submitted the secondary app from the link on the "requirements" page rather than the "how to apply?" I am not sure why they would have two links to the secondary app if they do not accept both versions.

Hmm do y'all think it is bad if I submitted the secondary app from the link on the "requirements" page rather than the "how to apply?" I am not sure why they would have two links to the secondary app if they do not accept both versions.

I called the admissions office this morning with the same question. They said they will accept both apps because it's the same questions just in a different format.

Does anyone know if they send out EDP interview invitations before Aug 1? That is the deadline to have everything submitted for EDP.

Does anyone know if they send out EDP interview invitations before Aug 1? That is the deadline to have everything submitted for EDP.
Sadly I think it will be after August 1. According to past forums, invites have been sent out on August 15th and August 22nd the previous two years.

Sadly I think it will be after August 1. According to past forums, invites have been sent out on August 15th and August 22nd the previous two years.

Yep. I did ED last year and the interview invite email came on August 22.

Reactions: 1 users
How bad would it be to apply OOS? I thought this might be a good school to apply to since my MCAT is > their 90th percentile, but they only accepted 4 oos people last year apparently.

How bad would it be to apply OOS? I thought this might be a good school to apply to since my MCAT is > their 90th percentile, but they only accepted 4 oos people last year apparently.
It definitely wouldn't be bad to apply. The admissions page says they now take up to 10% of their class from oos, but that in-state students still have preference.

got an II today around 2:30

Thank you! Is that early? I was hoping someone could tell me if this is normal haha

Yeah, that does seem really early? What dates did they have, if you don't mind me asking?

Are you early decision, by chance? Most years they don’t start looking at regular admission apps until September.

Are you early decision, by chance? Most years they don’t start looking at regular admission apps until September.
Yes, the emails sent out yesterday were for early decision. It was a lot earlier than I expected!

Has anyone gotten any confirmation if their secondary has been received or not? Or do we just have to call them and ask?

Does anyone know if there will be a second round of interviews? From what I know there has only been one round on the dates mentioned above.

Hi everyone! This may sound like a dumb question but how did y'all fill out the experience essays (the healthcare, leadership, volunteer etc). On downloading the form, I don't see any way to paste in the essays. What am I missing?

Also, the prompt says to limit the answers to 300 characters. Would that be with or without spaces?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This may sound like a dumb question but how did y'all fill out the experience essays (the healthcare, leadership, volunteer etc). On downloading the form, I don't see any way to paste in the essays. What am I missing?

Also, the prompt says to limit the answers to 300 characters. Would that be with or without spaces?
Typed them to make sure I was within the character limit then wrote it by hand in the boxes. I think 300 characters is spaces and punctuation included.

I have tried to call two days in a row now that my secondary was received via mail and it rings and then goes to voicemail. I've left a voicemail. Any other way to confirm receipt of secondary?

I have tried to call two days in a row now that my secondary was received via mail and it rings and then goes to voicemail. I've left a voicemail. Any other way to confirm receipt of secondary?
I don't think they've sent receipts to anyone, sadly. The only way to make sure they received it is to see if they deposited your check.

I don't think they've sent receipts to anyone, sadly. The only way to make sure they received it is to see if they deposited your check.
Except I sent a cashiers check. Any idea as to why they don't answer their phone?

Seems strange. Has anyone heard back from them in regards to interview for Regular applicants?

I'm not sure they're even finished with EDP interviews. I applied ED and haven't been notified about an interview or been released from EDP, so I have a hunch that there's another round of interviews coming.