2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure they're even finished with EDP interviews. I applied ED and haven't been notified about an interview or been released from EDP, so I have a hunch that there's another round of interviews coming.
Well I am sure hoping there is another round! I have the same thoughts though. The admissions page says they notify you whether you're accepted or not. I haven't been turned down yet, so...

Members don't see this ad.

Well I am sure hoping there is another round! I have the same thoughts though. The admissions page says they notify you whether you're accepted or not. I haven't been turned down yet, so...

In my mind, it seems like they would have notified those of us who didn't get interviewed in that first round if they knew they weren't going to do any more interviews. And apart from that, there were more than two days of interviews for ED last year.

LSU Shreveport operates on a different timeline than the rest of the MD schools. They get started later, and tend to be a little slower getting things started. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
LSU Shreveport operates on a different timeline than the rest of the MD schools. They get started later, and tend to be a little slower getting things started. Hang in there!

The difference this year is that they already started. And they started really early. It's throwing me off.

A friend of mine got in last year regular decision and was notified in April. It’s a long cycle that’s just begun.

It's concerning though to me that no one has answered the phone or responded to emails over there.

Reactions: 1 user
It's concerning though to me that no one has answered the phone or responded to emails over there.
It look like the old secretary has been gone for a while now. I went to the office today and met the new one. Her name is Mrs. Sonya, today is her third day. I’m sure they will start rolling soon.

Has anyone that applied ED been notified that they’ve been released from EDP yet?

I wish there was a way to verify they received my app. I've called, emailed but no luck reaching a person. I know they are not doing RD interviews until October but it's strange to me that applicants can't reach admissions.

I haven't been released yet from EDP and haven't heard about an interview. Do y'all think there could be another round of interviews being offered this Tuesday?

I haven't been released yet from EDP and haven't heard about an interview. Do y'all think there could be another round of interviews being offered this Tuesday?

I haven't heard from anyone about them interviewing on Tuesday but I hope they're gonna have another round of ED interviews. They had at least 4 different interview days last year for ED.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from anyone about them interviewing on Tuesday but I hope they're gonna have another round of ED interviews. They had at least 4 different interview days last year for ED.

They had another round of interview invites go out this past Tuesday. Even last year, it seems the interview invitations went out on a Tuesday. I hope another round of invites go out too but that 10/1 deadline is right around the corner.

So anyone have any luck finding out if secondaries were received? My check still hasn't been deposited and I mailed on Aug 24th. I've called and left voicemails with no response.

So anyone have any luck finding out if secondaries were received? My check still hasn't been deposited and I mailed on Aug 24th. I've called and left voicemails with no response.

I sent in my secondary+check on 8/3 and my check didn't get deposited until 8/20. But I never got any confirmation from them that they had received my secondary or anything which is pretty frustrating tbh

Dr. Kennedy returned my call today saying that they received my secondary and my check.

Just got an email from them saying that they received my application along with this info: " In mid-October we will email the first batch of Invitations to Interview for regular admission. If you applied through Early Decision, you can expect a letter to be mailed by October 1."

Guess it'll be a bit more longer until they send out IIs for non-ED peeps

Just got an email from them saying that they received my application along with this info: " In mid-October we will email the first batch of Invitations to Interview for regular admission. If you applied through Early Decision, you can expect a letter to be mailed by October 1."

Guess it'll be a bit more longer until they send out IIs for non-ED peeps
+1

For those that received the application status email on 9/20, did it say, “At present, we are processing Letters of Recommendation. Please resist the temptation to inquire if we have received this or that letter because such calls further impede our processing.”?
All of my letters of rec were submitted via AMCAS, so I imagine they were received.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those that received the application status email on 9/20, did it say, “At present, we are processing Letters of Recommendation. Please resist the temptation to inquire if we have received this or that letter because such calls further impede our processing.”?
All of my letters of rec were submitted via AMCAS, so I imagine they were received.

Yeah, that's what my email says and I've had all my letters in to AMCAS since mid-July. They might have just waited to process RD letters and put that line in every email since it's the first they've sent out.

Yeah, that's what my email says and I've had all my letters in to AMCAS since mid-July. They might have just waited to process RD letters and put that line in every email since it's the first they've sent out.

Ok cool, just making sure I wasn’t the only one.

II yesterday. They offered 8 Tuesdays between now and December.

On the interview day, Dr. Kennedy told me I didn't look happy to be there because I wasn't smiling the whole time (and I was told by other medical students that he tends to be creepy with the female students) and told me that I wouldn't fit in with the rest of the students at LSU-S because I didn't know how to shoot a gun/hunt like the rest of LSU-S, despite my passion and experiences in rural medicine. I felt like his comments towards me were gender-targeted (why do I have to smile the whole time--would you really say that to a man?) and I got the vibe that he was telling me that I don't and will not belong there (in which case why select me for an interview?). Perhaps he was doing an MMI, but I felt like his comments toward me went too far.

After the interview, I really felt discriminated against, and I thought of reporting this to AAMC but thought against it because I wasn't sure if it would bite me later on. I just wanted to warn you all, if you are an ORM applying to this school, as well as being a woman. This school is very traditional and was not welcoming towards me.

This is laughable. Kennedy is the farthest thing from "discriminatory." Perhaps you misinterpreted his style/approach. "Creepy" with female med students?" Give me a break. My sense is that this poster experienced something that offended her and is trying to take it out on them by bashing the school. Nothing but positive experiences for me and years worth of classes, including minorities, before and after me at Shreveport. One of the most underrated med schools around.

Has anyone gotten an II recently? Haven't heard anything from the school since the 9/20 email..

Has anyone gotten an II recently? Haven't heard anything from the school since the 9/20 email..
Nope, still waiting. This thread has been pretty quiet as well as the school in general. Hoping there are still more IIs to come.

Has anyone heard anything from the last two weeks interview?

Has anyone heard anything from the last two weeks interview?

Nothing... I'm thinking we'll get something in the mail soon, considering we were told the committee met last thursday.

Got a letter Monday (yesterday)! Accepted! Interviewed Nov. 13th! IS re-applicant. PM me if you wanna know stats or other details!

Has anyone been offered interviews here lately? I submitted much secondary end of September and had to call a few weeks ago to verify they had all my info. Haven’t received any emails since my primary was sent in.

Has anyone been offered interviews here lately? I submitted much secondary end of September and had to call a few weeks ago to verify they had all my info. Haven’t received any emails since my primary was sent in.

Based on my experience the last few years, it seems like they send out one batch of invites in late September-early October and then send out a second batch of invites in late December-early January.

Also I received a status update email today. Has anyone else received a similar email?

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my secondary application Sept 20th and got the complete email today....

Reactions: 1 users
Sent in my secondary in late Sept, got their complete email yesterday too. I’m OOS, not sure if I have a chance. :/

Got the complete email today and submitted my secondary sometime early September. This schools really moves at their own pace lol

Reactions: 3 users