2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my A off the waitlist yesterday !

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It didn’t !!! I literally left it in my mail a whole day AND sent them an email “updating my application” before I saw it lol
But I live in Shreveport so may that made a difference for informed delivery idk , my waitlist letter was in informed delivery

Ik nobody wants to think about this but what are yall thinking about doing next year if you don't get in this cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Ik nobody wants to think about this but what are yall thinking about doing next year if you don't get in this cycle?
Already getting my ducks aligned for next cycle. Just applied for approve for the FAP and working on clinical experience rn. I think I’ll be applying early decision for LSUNOLA tho. What about you??

Can I get added to the group me

Already getting my ducks aligned for next cycle. Just applied for approve for the FAP and working on clinical experience rn. I think I’ll be applying early decision for LSUNOLA tho. What about you??
I'm thinking early decision to one of the LSUs and applying DO. Got interviews to both but waitlisted on both

Got a letter coming tomorrow with 53 cent postage. Interviewed 4/19. I saw earlier where acceptances are usually 42 cents, am I pretty much destined for the waitlist?

Got a letter coming tomorrow with 53 cent postage. Interviewed 4/19. I saw earlier where acceptances are usually 42 cents, am I pretty much destined for the waitlist?
Keep us informed, but dont stress it too much

Members don't see this ad :)
My waitlist was 42 cents- so don’t pay too much attention to the postage. Best wishes, hope it’s an A for you

Is it normal for me to keep checking my mailbox 24/7? Asking for a friend..

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It was an A!!! I guess I'm another statistic for postage not mattering lol. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
It was an A!!! I guess I'm another statistic for postage not mattering lol. Good luck everyone!
congrats! do you mind sharing your stats? and how you thought your interviews went prior to receiving the A?

Just officially withdrew my WL spot! I hope this helps with some movement for you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wish they'd tell you at least what quartile of the waitlist you're in like top 25%. Kinda stinks be totally blind - don't know whether to start planning my life for next year or not.

Last edited:
Hopefully should see some movement from the Shreveport waitlist soon huh? If people actually commit to 1 school?

• Care
Letter coming today from informed delivery…I know in the past people have gotten phone calls around this time for the A but we’ll see

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
good luck and pls let us know! Also aren't the rules such that if you've been accepted after may 1st they need to notify you within 24 hours?

Like why is this school still using snail mail even after May 1st?

am i making this up? i swear i saw a post on this forum about "the acceptable list having about 40 people on it and about 30 of them get in". I just wanted to know how accurate that was.

am i making this up? i swear i saw a post on this forum about "the acceptable list having about 40 people on it and about 30 of them get in". I just wanted to know how accurate that was.
I've never heard that. 40 also feels like a low number. Unless it came from Sonya or Dr. Thomas, I wouldn't believe it.

That’s per MAAR data. Some personal talks between the head of my schools premed board and Dr. Thomas revealed that this was an old policy that she was attempting to move out. She wanted to reduce waitlist positions so that people felt there was more meaning to being waitlisted by this med school

That’s per MAAR data. Some personal talks between the head of my schools premed board and Dr. Thomas revealed that this was an old policy that she was attempting to move out. She wanted to reduce waitlist positions so that people felt there was more meaning to being waitlisted by this med school

MSAR*

pretty accurate description of the state of affairs rn

Attachments

• 6f7b3d.jpg
    6f7b3d.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I just took myself off the waitlist. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

I just got a return call from Mrs. French. She said the WL movement is slower than it has been in past cycles to the point of being almost non-existent.

• Sad
I just got a return call from Mrs. French. She said the WL movement is slower than it has been in past cycles to the point of being almost non-existent.
I've heard of several people getting accepted off the LSUS waitlist in the last two weeks, including one of my friends. Why would she say "almost non-existent"? I'm still hopeful. There was movement last year in July

• Care
I've heard of several people getting accepted off the LSUS waitlist in the last two weeks, including one of my friends. Why would she say "almost non-existent"? I'm still hopeful. There was movement last year in July
I'm assuming she meant going forward as my question was geared towards that direction. In past years there has been a decent amount of waitlist mvmt in June, so maybe she means not to expect that.

I'm assuming she meant going forward as my question was geared towards that direction. In past years there has been a decent amount of waitlist mvmt in June, so maybe she means not to expect that.
The Facebook group is at 157 with 2 moderators and probably a few current students. What is the cap on class size?