2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we interviewed on 11/30, when should we expect to hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a letter coming today. Postage is 0.42 cents. Anyone else have this?/Know what it says? I am out of town and anxious.

I have a letter coming today. Postage is 0.42 cents. Anyone else have this?/Know what it says? I am out of town and anxious.
They sent out decision letters for interviewees between 11/30-12/14 on friday. So those letters should be coming in sometime this week. They told my group that we would have a decision before christmas.

USPS Informed Delivery showed me the scan of the envelope. It's being delivered today. Hello, nerves my old friend.

USPS Informed Delivery showed me the scan of the envelope. It's being delivered today. Hello, nerves my old friend.
Does your scan have 0.42 cents? I am wondering if that amount is different between accepted/rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/7. IS, nontrad, within range GPA, Above average MCAT. Sh1take ton of clinical hours. Shreveport sends decision letters via mail only per my understanding from the AdCom.
so if we haven't gotten any mail what does that mean?

so if we haven't gotten any mail what does that mean?
I’m guessing it depends on when you interviewed. There was a committee meeting on Thursday for those who interviewed on 11/30, 12/7, and 12/14. Decision letters for those groups were mailed on Friday. I was told that IS applicants should expect to hear back before christmas. Its still early (considering mail doesnt run on Sundays) in the week. So I’d only check with admissions if you’re IS and your letter hasn’t come in by Saturday.

I’m guessing it depends on when you interviewed. There was a committee meeting on Thursday for those who interviewed on 11/30, 12/7, and 12/14. Decision letters for those groups were mailed on Friday. I was told that IS applicants should expect to hear back before christmas. Its still early (considering mail doesnt run on Sundays) in the week. So I’d only check with admissions if you’re IS and your letter hasn’t come in by Saturday.
I'm IS and interviewed 11/30

Has anyone heard heard back from Shreveport after submitting secondaries? Any acceptances? Rejections? Acceptable lists?

Do they mail letters for only acceptances or do they mail letters for Rejections and Acceptable lists as well?

Do they mail letters for only acceptances or do they mail letters for Rejections and/or Acceptable lists as well?

Do they mail letters for only acceptances or do they mail letters for Rejections and/or Acceptable lists as well?
I’m not 100% but I think its all. AdCom told my interview group that decisions (so I’m assuming that that means As, Rs, Ws, etc.) will all be mailed.

Hey yall!! I'm a current second year at shreveport, if you have any questions, feel free to DM me! :)

GOT THE A TODAY!! SHAKING! LOW STATS, IS, URM! ONLY ONE II THIS CYCLE AND IT PAID OFF!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Omg congrats future doctor!!!! Ps. What's the secret cuz I need some help lmao
Thank You! And I wish that I had some big secret as to why, but I don’t. The advice that I was given (repeatedly) was to try to make your interview as conversational and smooth as possible. I guess it worked out.

• Care
Message me to be added to the accepted list GroupMe. Only for people who absolutely are going to LSUS though, congrats yall!

Thank You! And I wish that I had some big secret as to why, but I don’t. The advice that I was given (repeatedly) was to try to make your interview as conversational and smooth as possible. I guess it worked out.
It definitely worked! 🔥

For those of you who got into Shreveport but are also waiting for other acceptances -
are you accepting your offer now, and if for some reason you end up not attending, you give up the seat later? or does accepting it now lock you into shreveport?
I had interviews at a few other schools and would like to also know their decisions before committing. Thank you, guys!

You and me both! I've got a DO acceptance, but would really like at least one MD interview before the cycle closes 😭
I'm in the same boat! But at least we'll be doctors no matter what at this point haha.

For those of you who got into Shreveport but are also waiting for other acceptances -
are you accepting your offer now, and if for some reason you end up not attending, you give up the seat later? or does accepting it now lock you into shreveport?
I had interviews at a few other schools and would like to also know their decisions before committing. Thank you, guys!
I believe accepting just means you hold a seat at the school. It shouldn't lock you in. In April you will be asked to choose one school. Accepting will not limit your options.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they are receptive to update letters?

How long does Shreveport generally take to inform people about acceptance, rejection, or waitlist after interviewing? And is it via email or snail mail? Thanks in advance!

How long does Shreveport generally take to inform people about acceptance, rejection, or waitlist after interviewing? And is it via email or snail mail? Thanks in advance!
It depends, I think they do it by batches. For instance, I interviewed Dec. 14 and got my letter in the mail the following Monday, but there were groups that interviewed a few weeks before us that were also being evaluated at the same time as my group. It depends on when you interview and when the committee meets. Because the committee was meeting the week I interviewed, Dr. Thomas called us the "lucky group" for obvious reasons lol

• Care