2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the lowest MCAT they consider?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, I believe first interviews were in September. I was invited in late November and interview until Dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hows the NY campus, its location, etc ?

Just received an email from NYITCOM saying my secondary app payment has been received and is officially complete. Good luck everyone!
How long did it take for your file to complete after secondary submission? I just submitted my secondary today.

Members don't see this ad :)

They don’t have a minimum; but I believe I read somewhere that the average for accepted students is a 506. There’s also a huge instate bias so if you’re an NY resident that should help.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got a complete email! Wow that was fast!
for the secondary application... is it okay if i answer the questions shortly and not write to max limit? Do I have to go in depth ? IS it okay to mentiona challenge that i already mentioned in primary application?

for the secondary application... is it okay if i answer the questions shortly and not write to max limit? Do I have to go in depth ? IS it okay to mentiona challenge that i already mentioned in primary application?

Write whatever you need to answer the question. The limit is set so they don’t have to sift through a monologue. I would shy away from rementioning something in your primary app unless you didn’t explain it in full detail originally.

Write whatever you need to answer the question. The limit is set so they don’t have to sift through a monologue. I would shy away from rementioning something in your primary app unless you didn’t explain it in full detail originally.

thanks for your reply! the thing is for the challenge i dont know what to talk to about besides learning English lol

Reactions: 1 user
I agreed to the above post. Focus on quality rather than quantity. I'm an ESL person myself so I can understand where you're coming from.

I'm not sure if this has been answered already but is there an application status page that I can monitor for NYITCOM? I received my secondary on 6/27 and submitted 7/10 and have not heard back yet. Just want to see if there is a status progress page through NYITCOM or whether I'm supposed to wait for an email from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for your file to complete after secondary submission? I just submitted my secondary today.
I believe I was complete the same day once they got my PayPal payment

How long did it take for you guys to get an email from paypal/ the school after submitting the secondary and payment? I submitted a day ago and still nothing.

How long did it take for you guys to get an email from paypal/ the school after submitting the secondary and payment? I submitted a day ago and still nothing.
I believe I received my complete email the morning after I submitted.

I believe I received my complete email the morning after I submitted.

hmmm I'm not sure if I should worry yet. I technically haven't been verified by AACOMAS but they sent me the secondary so I filled it out and sent it back the day after. It has already been two days and I didn't even get an email from pay pal confirming the payment.

so by making the payment, does that submit the secondary? I got the paypal confirmation, but there weren't any other buttons that said "submit" and I haven't received a confirmation email.

so by making the payment, does that submit the secondary? I got the paypal confirmation, but there weren't any other buttons that said "submit" and I haven't received a confirmation email.

Seems like you're good because on the app it said if you get a pay pal confirmation, that's the first sign that your app has been processed and submitted.

I recieved an email stating that my supplemental application was complete a few days after submitting the secondary. However, my LOR was just submitted to AACOMAS. Should I get another email stating that my whole application is complete when they process the LOR? How were your complete emails worded?

I had under a 500 and was accepted. I wouldn't worry too much about your mcat score unless you are REALLY low, like 490. They seem to be much more concerned with who you are and the type of physician you strive to become. I would really focus defining what your objectives are and long term goals are. When I was applying I paid a lot less attention to class averages. Don't listen to anyone that says "if your score or GPA isn't at least ____ then don't bother". Your essays, experiences, and interview will carry SIGNIFICANTLY more weight than your Mcat score. I am not an admissions wiz or expert by any means. However this is just based on my experience when i was applying and interviewing.

Reactions: 11 users
Hi guys, do any of you have the fee waiver option for the supplemental application? they said that a code will be sent but I'm still waiting and the application is due in a few days since it should be submitted within 10 days. Please let me know if any of you know what to do in this case..

Hi guys, do any of you have the fee waiver option for the supplemental application? they said that a code will be sent but I'm still waiting and the application is due in a few days since it should be submitted within 10 days. Please let me know if any of you know what to do in this case..

Forward admissions your AACOMAS Fee Waiver e-mail, or a PDF copy of that e-mail, along with your name and AACOMAS CAS ID number. Let them know you have a fee waiver, and would like to submit your secondary. You should hear back within a day or two. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

I have a waiver and just sent them my waiver email, too. On the website it says it may take longer than 10 days for the code which is odd since we only get 10 days to submit secondaries. Hopefully, we get approved within the next few days.

I have a waiver and just sent them my waiver email, too. On the website it says it may take longer than 10 days for the code which is odd since we only get 10 days to submit secondaries. Hopefully, we get approved within the next few days.
When is your 10 days mark? Mine is on the 28th. Do you plan on submitting if you don't get the code or maybe contact them to see if there is anything that can be done?

When is your 10 days mark? Mine is on the 28th. Do you plan on submitting if you don't get the code or maybe contact them to see if there is anything that can be done?
Check your email. I got mine a few hours ago. I'd contact that them again today of I were you.

I would imagine that if you called up and mentioned your fee waiver status they would give you leniency on the 10 day period understanding the delay that may come with that status.

Alternatively, you might be able to submit and get refunded the money if the 10 day submission deadline is held fast.

These are both seemingly reasonable solutions in my mind so I imagine one of them should work. In both cases reaching out directly to NYITCOM is probably the best starting point. At least then you can have proof of effort - they would like to see that, I am sure.

Completed supplemental application June 28th. Waiting for composite letter (LOR) to be sent! I still have coursework I need to complete too for this summer which is going to be done August 16th so then I'll send an updated transcript and hope for an II!

Good luck everyone : )

Is there any portal that we can check our application status after submitting the supplemental essay?

I had under a 500 and was accepted. I wouldn't worry too much about your mcat score unless you are REALLY low, like 490. They seem to be much more concerned with who you are and the type of physician you strive to become. I would really focus defining what your objectives are and long term goals are. When I was applying I paid a lot less attention to class averages. Don't listen to anyone that says "if your score or GPA isn't at least ____ then don't bother". Your essays, experiences, and interview will carry SIGNIFICANTLY more weight than your Mcat score. I am not an admissions wiz or expert by any means. However this is just based on my experience when i was applying and interviewing.

What kind of applicants do you think they are looking for?

is it worth throwing an app here if OOS (west coast)? I heard they have in state bias for NY residents. Debating about spending money on the secondary

is it worth throwing an app here if OOS (west coast)? I heard they have in state bias for NY residents. Debating about spending money on the secondary
From what I've heard the NY campus has an in-state bias but the Arkansas campus does not. So I guess it depends which campus you're applying to

@doc1994 Do you know what the area around the AK campus is like? I'm unfamiliar with the location so I don't know if it will be a good fit for me.

@doc1994 Do you know what the area around the AK campus is like? I'm unfamiliar with the location so I don't know if it will be a good fit for me.

Jonesboro is a city of between 70-80k people. Has most everything you could want. Several grocery stores, restaurants, a bowling alley, movie theatre, mall, bars, access to things like paintball courses, a few parks and hiking areas nearby, Memphis under an hour away, etc. Having the undergrad campus here means access to all their amenities for free, such as a gym, pool, cafeteria, mental health services, post office, etc.

It does not have a professional sports team, if that’s your taste. But as stated above, Memphis is under an hour away. If you’re expecting LA or even San Diego then you’ll be disappointed. But I think most people are happy with the area. You spend most of your time at Wilson Hall or wherever you choose to study anyway. I recommend Googling certain things and seeing if they are here if there’s specific stuff you’re worried about - it is far more reliable than some schmuck (me) responding on a thread.

That said, any particular questions you can let me know. PM preferably in case I miss it in the thread.

Reactions: 3 users

I was accepted last cycle to the OW campus as an OOS with no connections to NY so definitely go for it!

Finally complete here. Good luck to everyone applying here as well

Is there any portal that we can check our application status after submitting the supplemental essay?

+1. I got an e-mail from them saying they will contact us by e-mail if selected for an interview.

I submitted my primary to them on august 3rd and was planning to submit the secondary today (within 10 days). But I got an email from the admissions director that they reviewed my application and are waiting for my secondary. LOL yikes... getting it submitted now and will email to flag it.

Interesting that they reviewed prior to my being complete (everything was except for secondary).

I submitted my primary to them on august 3rd and was planning to submit the secondary today (within 10 days). But I got an email from the admissions director that they reviewed my application and are waiting for my secondary. LOL yikes... getting it submitted now and will email to flag it.

Interesting that they reviewed prior to my being complete (everything was except for secondary).

I got the same e-mail 2 minutes after talking to Edward on the phone and explaining to him that I was ready to submit my supplemental but haven't received the fee waiver code lol.

This may seem like a random question but does NYIT accept vecollect committee letters? I read somewhere you have to individually submit them to aacomas

II this morning for Jonesboro, they email you saying to call the admissions office within 5 days to schedule. They only gave me one date option (8/24), not sure if they had others if I said that didn't work

Reactions: 2 users