Jul 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Dr. Chopper, "learning types" are a hoax.
Aahaha Chopper is my spirit animal! ;) I'm about to give up on doing it lol.

I haven't done this yet and don't plan on it ... Saw that it was "highly recommended" but to be honest I would much rather spend the last week of summer vacation with friends and family. Any students can give their input on whether this whole thing is really necessary/beneficial?
I was thinking the same but decided to give it a try in case it is beneficial in anyway. The only thing I really got out of Chapter 1-7 is that we need to balance how we study and how to make concept maps. Though to be very honest, I don't really see myself using concept maps for articles or reading materials with paragraphs (perhaps I will use it for pathways, etc.). Not saying it's not useful or anything, it's just not my style.

Any input from previous students would be awesome!

Jan 5, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Aahaha Chopper is my spirit animal! ;) I'm about to give up on doing it lol.

Any input from previous students would be awesome!
"Learning styles" are discredited; they're a fad that's been used to create products to sell to universities, nothing more. You're going to study the same way you did in undergrad: reading PowerPoints. Nothing in med school is harder than undergrad, there's just occasionally more volume.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
A tip for those reapplying: schedule a tour with Jonesboro admissions, if you can. They make a note of it in your file. It even came up during my (successful) interview.

Reactions: StudentDr1995
Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
They told me over the phone to expect an email letting everyone on the waitlist know that the cycle is over by the end of last week! But haven't gotten that yet so who knows ah
Still didn't get the rejection email lol. Oh well, hopefully we all get lucky next year.

Reactions: Nubby