2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No deposit link for me :meh:. Did you guys get an acceptance in mail as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a big letter in the mail today. Its a Christmas miracle. Hope to see you all in Philadelphia!!!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
For those who heard back, were you all November interviews?

Post-II hold...
Did your portal change before you got the hold?

Nevermind, got mail, my decision has been delayed/placed on hold as well :(

Congrats to everyone accepted!

Last edited:
Congrats to all accepted today!! For those asking I was completed 10/31, II 11/07, interview 11/28, accepted 12/24

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all accepted today!! For those asking I was completed 10/31, II 11/07, interview 11/28, accepted 12/24

Are you in state by any chance? I have been complete since 9/5, but have yet to hear anything from PCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else who interviewed Nov 28th heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 12/24, Interviewed 12/10, Complete 9/10

Haven’t received my letter in the mail yet, only the holiday card, but my portal has changed and I submitted the first deposit. Hope this means I’m accepted haha

Did anybody receive a rejection?

Has anyone had trouble logging on to the portal using chrome?

Are there any current students in this thread that could talk about possible areas to live? I have a friend that lives a little north of center city and what would be at worst a 20-25 minute drive to campus during rush hour and 15 with no traffic. Would that be too much to handle on a day to day basis during first year?

Completed early August and literally have heard nothing. Anyone else in same boat? I want to contact them but they state not to.

Reactions: 7 users
Completed early August and literally have heard nothing. Anyone else in same boat? I want to contact them but they state not to.

PCOM is known for sending out rejections toward the end of the cycle, even for early applicants.

Reactions: 4 users
Any current students know what insurance plans are affordable since this school doesn't offer plans?

Are there any current students in this thread that could talk about possible areas to live? I have a friend that lives a little north of center city and what would be at worst a 20-25 minute drive to campus during rush hour and 15 with no traffic. Would that be too much to handle on a day to day basis during first year?

I am not a current student, however, on interview day one of the student ambassadors told a story that she lived in center city during her first year and she didn't recommend doing that. Also, I am from the city and I can tell you that 25 minutes from center city to campus is a stretch. I am currently looking for places in Manayunk/Roxborough/Bala Cynwyd. I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not a current student, however, on interview day one of the student ambassadors told a story that she lived in center city during her first year and she didn't recommend doing that. Also, I am from the city and I can tell you that 25 minutes from center city to campus is a stretch. I am currently looking for places in Manayunk/Roxborough/Bala Cynwyd. I hope that helps.
Yep I'm also from the city. 20-25 mins is pushing it especially when dealing with Center City. I'm assuming you're driving, traffic can get really chaotic in Center City plus add on rush hour and dealing the Schuylkill Expressway to get to class, even traveling back and forth to school would probably be a headache unless you were to find a SEPTA bus or train route which might be quicker than car.

That said, you can venture outside of the Manyunk/Bala area and still be relatively close. I lived about 18 mins from campus near West Philly and did fine going back and forth by car to PCOM every day when I was a biomed grad student but Center City is a different beast. The closer you are the campus the better obviously especially if you're a person that likes be in the school library all the time and not study at home or at other libraries.

@DOpizza and @justalittlestar Thank you both for your input! I think 20-25 minute commute everyday would take a toll throughout the semesters. Going to explore whats all available to see what would be best

@DOpizza and @justalittlestar Thank you both for your input! I think 20-25 minute commute everyday would take a toll throughout the semesters. Going to explore whats all available to see what would be best
SEPTA regional rail line at the Bala stop is probably the closest rail stop you could get. Not a bad ride. Probably a little over a half mile walk down city ave to PCOM or you could ride the SEPTA bus 7 minutes down City Ave from the City ave & Bryn Mawr Ave stop to the City Ave & Kings Grand Dr stop which is right next to PCOM. If I get in I'll be looking into manyunk, fairmount, maybe fishtown

Has anyone heard anything further in terms of matriculation paper work? I Haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit and submitted the technical standards.

Has anyone heard anything further in terms of matriculation paper work? I Haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit and submitted the technical standards.

Shortly after I paid the deposit I got my student login for MyPCOM. There's a list there of things you have to do (health insurance, vaccines, titers etc). Some had 3-8 wk deadlines after receiving the log in info. Anybody know how strict they are about these deadlines? May not make it on time, especially the health form thing.

Ya I've been looking at the stuff on MYpcom. I did notice the 8 week deadline for the medical health and immunization form but it says 8 weeks from when it is received in the mail. So maybe in the future they'll send out a bunch of documents to be filled out via snail mail in like a matriculation packet???? Idk I just don't want to miss anything.

Shortly after I paid the deposit I got my student login for MyPCOM. There's a list there of things you have to do (health insurance, vaccines, titers etc). Some had 3-8 wk deadlines after receiving the log in info. Anybody know how strict they are about these deadlines? May not make it on time, especially the health form thing.
I’m not entirely sure but I can’t imagine losing your spot because you didn’t turn in vaccine paperwork on time. I’m in a post bacc right now and still haven’t turned in the required bloodwork/vaccine history and it’s the second semester lol

Does anyone know when they are supposed to send out the information to complete the background check?

On hold since October interview, hoping to get something :bigtears:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does PCOM only send II and acceptance/rejections via mail?

Do they send an email for II as well?

I find it weird that in 2019 people are still using mail.....

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does PCOM only send II and acceptance/rejections via mail?

Do they send an email for II as well?

I find it weird that in 2019 people are still using mail.....
They only mail for an answer after an interview... II are send by email.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

I think PCOM actually does email acceptances later in the cycle around summer months when they pull from the waitlist and need a quicker deposit turnaround.

Rejections are always mailed.

Reactions: 2 users