2018-2019 Texas Tech University - El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
El Paso is gorgeous, facilities are awesome, curriculum is extremely unique and I've heard little to no negative comments from students for any major aspects of their medical education.
Interview felt very relaxing, almost informal at times, and many other interviewees stated that they felt positively.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup errbody. I have been complete since June. URM IS male with a LizzyM of 62. Do yall think I still have a shot at an II here?

Sup errbody. I have been complete since June. URM IS male with a LizzyM of 62. Do yall think I still have a shot at an II here?
Don't count your self out yet. People get II's in November...even in december. This is a waiting game, and be patient. If your mcat and gpa is within the bands of the MSAR data, do not count yourself out

Reactions: 1 user
Don't count your self out yet. People get II's in November...even in december. This is a waiting game, and be patient. If your mcat and gpa is within the bands of the MSAR data, do not count yourself out
I am too broke for the MSAR can someone help out an URM male pls.

YOOO you the real MVP. Looks like I am just within their matriculation data so hopefully I get an II soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are accepted stats, matriculation numbers are always lower for schools than aceeptance #'s because of the number of high stats applicants that ultimately get several offers and choose to matriculate elsewhere. For example, when you look at their matriculated MCAT, the median is actually a 504.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it hurts to not submit all the secondaries for TX schools? I didn't do the secondary for UTSW (my stats were too low) and Texas Tech (El Paso). Should I do them?

Does anyone know if it hurts to not submit all the secondaries for TX schools? I didn't do the secondary for UTSW (my stats were too low) and Texas Tech (El Paso). Should I do them?
Are you a Texas resident? Are you interested in these two schools?
I don't know your stats, but if you feel you are well below UTSW level you can screen yourself out and not do that one. If you applied to Lubbock & UTRGV why leave out El Paso?

Are you a Texas resident? Are you interested in these two schools?
I don't know your stats, but if you feel you are well below UTSW level you can screen yourself out and not do that one. If you applied to Lubbock & UTRGV why leave out El Paso?
Yes I am a TX resident. Thank you for your response, it makes sense. I will do the TTUHSC El Paso.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted pretty late and am a current student. So glad I submitted, though, because I love it here!

I remember seeing you post on the forum last year! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats (GPA/MCAT wise)?

I remember seeing you post on the forum last year! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats (GPA/MCAT wise)?

Sorry, I don't check the forums as much anymore! My GPA was lower than the average for our class, but my MCAT was higher. People have stressed fit in the app process, and I think that is very true here.

Hello to those who have interviewed. Does the school send out your interviewers' info prior to the interview date or is it provided on the day of the interview?
Thank you for answering in advance!

Hello to those who have interviewed. Does the school send out your interviewers' info prior to the interview date or is it provided on the day of the interview?
Thank you for answering in advance!
On day of interview. Interviewers' names are included in a folder provided to you morning of the interview. I believe nothing else was on it but their names tho, so you have to do your own research if you want to know more about them before the interview. Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
II at 8:45 this morning, I was surprised I got an invite here considering all of the other TX schools contacted me back late July. LizzyM 69, complete early June

As an MS1 at PLFSOM, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone who will be interviewing this cycle. There are a few current students who have reached out here, but again, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask via reply or PM.

I strongly recommend asking questions during the student panel. It is the last event after a bunch of travel and first impressions, but that is a great opportunity to get to know the program.

Did every one receive the special account set up for going through the application process at TTUHSC and TTUHSC El Paso? I’m assuming this is standard just for every applicant? I haven’t received an interview to either one yet, so yeah. Lol

Did every one receive the special account set up for going through the application process at TTUHSC and TTUHSC El Paso? I’m assuming this is standard just for every applicant? I haven’t received an interview to either one yet, so yeah. Lol
I am curious to know this too. Got all excited about the email only to realize that it was just for creating an online account

I am curious to know this too. Got all excited about the email only to realize that it was just for creating an online account

+1 received the email this morning and am curious about what it means.

Did everyone receive the meningitis email too?

anyone received an email regarding setting up an eRaider and domain account? what is that for?

So when I’m going to set up my “eraider” account it’s demanding a “code”? There is no “code” in my email? So like what’s up here? Anyone get it all set up yet.

So when I’m going to set up my “eraider” account it’s demanding a “code”? There is no “code” in my email? So like what’s up here? Anyone get it all set up yet.
I was able to set it up. My code was in the initial set up email under "STEP 1". Once I put in all the personal info, including my email and phone number is sent me verification codes again to my phone and email.

I was able to set it up. My code was in the initial set up email under "STEP 1". Once I put in all the personal info, including my email and phone number is sent me verification codes again to my phone and email.

I did not get a “STEP 1” email? Just an email asking to set up my “Domain” account? - which it says I need an eraider account to do? But there is no “code” at all to be found in any emails they sent me?

I am too broke for the MSAR can someone help out an URM male pls.
Here you go while I still have access to it!
Matriculated: 504 (126, 125, 127, 126) Overall GPA 3.69, Science GPA 3.64
All Acceptance: 509 (128, 126, 128, 128) Overall GPA 3.82, Sicence GPA 3.80

Yeah I submitted 8/15 and didn't get transmitted til 8/30. I had no idea that being submitted a month before the deadline would be such a disadvantage. Guess I should have read SDN a but more.

II today! OOS, LM 67, transmitted on 7/25.

Applied last year. Got an II here 11/7 after being done in September. Raised stats all across the board this year (barely but still raised) and was complete (secondary as well) here by 7/11- still no interview :(. I just feel like it’s random AF tbh.

Are you seeing the same from other schools (randomness)? I assume you applied all over the state like I did.

I got a 514 MCAT and have a 3.59/3.62 GPA (thank you no-grade-replacement-policy). I think I am at least competitive as a non trad (MBA, own business, blah blah). I am still without a single II.

Should I chill or panic? Because panicking will do so much good.

Last edited:
Are you seeing the same from other schools (randomness)? I assume you applied all over the state like I did.

I got a 514 MCAT and have a 3.59/3.62 GPA (thank you no-grade-replacement-policy). I think I am at least competitive as a non trad (MBA, own business, blah blah). I am still without a single II.

Should I chill or panic? Because panicking will do so much good.

Wow that’s crazy? 514 should land you a few interviews for sure. Did you apply to TCOM? When did you submit your app by? Are you an ORM?

Yeah I applied to TCOM. I got my doc (tcom 2012 grad) to do my DO letter there. I didn't have any help on the advising front since I just did prereqs at Dallas County. I got straight A's though! I really underestimated the need for early submission it seems which an advisor would have corrected.

And no on the URM. 40 year old white dude with the last name "Smith". Bout as generic as you can get on that front. I have a GED and grew up poor as dirt, but I don't expect that matters this far in the past.

I will keep my fingers crossed I guess. Not getting in this year would be a major blow. I would consider it a privilege to get in anywhere. I do think my academic/test performance should get me some interviews like you said. I am just trying to set my expectations on when I should start hearing about interviews or rejections.
Wow that’s crazy? 514 should land you a few interviews for sure. Did you apply to TCOM? When did you submit your app by? Are you an ORM?