You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas Tech, El Paso (Foster)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! Do we have a class GroupMe or Facebook?Just wanted to say hello to my fellow future classmates! I'm excited to meet all of you 😀
Not actually sure, but hopefully we will have one! I think we will probably have a FB page set up though. If no one starts a group me within the next couple of days, then I'll try to summon up the courage to make us one haha. (Or you could too lol)Hi! Do we have a class GroupMe or Facebook?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
classydolphin
Full Member
Just got notified I matched to Paul Foster! So excited to meet y’all! Congrats future doctors!
I also matched here!! I look forward to meeting my fellow future classmates!!!
Matched!! Ahhh!!!!!!
D
deleted1119674
This makes me so excited!!! I can’t wait to meet everyone 😊 I don’t have a Facebook only Instagram lol hopefully they make a group me
D
deleted1119674
OMG ME TOO! I was born and raised in EPI also just matched here! So excited to meet you all! I’m a native El Pasoan so if you have any question regarding El Paso feel free to message me.
Ayy me as well! Though I wasn’t born in EP, ive lived most of my life here now 😃I also just matched here! So excited to meet you all! I’m a native El Pasoan so if you have any question regarding El Paso feel free to message me.
Patient2Doctor
New Member
Any OOS folks hear back today by chance? Interviewed mid-December, no news yet.
I was matched! I can't believe it and I am shaking
D
deleted1119674
Hey man, keep your head up! Good news coming your way too, just be patient <3 sending you positive vibes, relax this weekend and don't stress out!Unfortunately I did not receive a match today. Foster was high on my list and I have ties to the area so I was pretty hopeful for my chances. Alas, I now have to do even more waiting. Congratulations to everyone that received good news this morning, I wish you all the best!
Future_Doc_66
New Member
Hey everyone, does anyone know if we accept the offer if it is binding, or am I allowed to see other offers? I am on 2 other waitlists and would really like to know the results before I accept any offer especially since I only have 2 weeks to respond.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can accept the offer : it is your only acceptance at this point in time. Accept within the time frame given you by the school.Hey everyone, does anyone know if we accept the offer if it is binding, or am I allowed to see other offers? I am on 2 other waitlists and would really like to know the results before I accept any offer especially since I only have 2 weeks to respond.
Thanks!
I don't know if you are a Texan or OOS applicant, but my answer would be basically the same.
If you are later made an offer from one of your WLs, consider it and decide whether you prefer it to what you already have.
If you choose to accept a new offer, you would need to next withdraw from your current class position.
Future_Doc_66
New Member
I am a Texan. Thank you so much for the info!You can accept the offer : it is your only acceptance at this point in time. Accept within the time frame given you by the school.
I don't know if you are a Texan or OOS applicant, but my answer would be basically the same.
If you are later made an offer from one of your WLs, consider it and decide whether you prefer it to what you already have.
If you choose to accept a new offer, you would need to next withdraw from your current class position.
Did you summon up that courage to make the GroupMe (lol)Not actually sure, but hopefully we will have one! I think we will probably have a FB page set up though. If no one starts a group me within the next couple of days, then I'll try to summon up the courage to make us one haha. (Or you could too lol)
imconfusedthiscycle
Full Member
If anyone has not made a groupme yet, I can make one 🙂
classydolphin
Full Member
Patient2Doctor
New Member
OOS alternate list email received today, interviewed in December.
DRJRaney
New Member
Thank you, I appreciate it!Hey man, keep your head up! Good news coming your way too, just be patient <3 sending you positive vibes, relax this weekend and don't stress out!
I received an email stating I was on the Alternate List today. Does anyone know if this is the same as the general waitlist, or if it is a smaller pool of applicants considered 'next in line'?
I believe it is the same as the general waitlist (ie. everyone who interviewed that didn't already get matched to PLFSOM/a school they ranked higher)Thank you, I appreciate it!
I received an email stating I was on the Alternate List today. Does anyone know if this is the same as the general waitlist, or if it is a smaller pool of applicants considered 'next in line'?
best of luck, hope you get the school you want 🤞