2021-2022 Texas Tech, El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow future classmates! I'm excited to meet all of you :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi! Do we have a class GroupMe or Facebook?
Not actually sure, but hopefully we will have one! I think we will probably have a FB page set up though. If no one starts a group me within the next couple of days, then I'll try to summon up the courage to make us one haha. (Or you could too lol)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got notified I matched to Paul Foster! So excited to meet y’all! Congrats future doctors!

Reactions: 4 users
I also matched here!! I look forward to meeting my fellow future classmates!!!

This makes me so excited!!! I can’t wait to meet everyone 😊 I don’t have a Facebook only Instagram lol hopefully they make a group me

Reactions: 1 users
I also just matched here! So excited to meet you all! I’m a native El Pasoan so if you have any question regarding El Paso feel free to message me.

Reactions: 2 users
I also just matched here! So excited to meet you all! I’m a native El Pasoan so if you have any question regarding El Paso feel free to message me.
OMG ME TOO! I was born and raised in EP

Ayy me as well! Though I wasn’t born in EP, ive lived most of my life here now 😃

Unfortunately I did not receive a match today. Foster was high on my list and I have ties to the area so I was pretty hopeful for my chances. Alas, I now have to do even more waiting. Congratulations to everyone that received good news this morning, I wish you all the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately I did not receive a match today. Foster was high on my list and I have ties to the area so I was pretty hopeful for my chances. Alas, I now have to do even more waiting. Congratulations to everyone that received good news this morning, I wish you all the best!
Hey man, keep your head up! Good news coming your way too, just be patient <3 sending you positive vibes, relax this weekend and don't stress out!

Hey everyone, does anyone know if we accept the offer if it is binding, or am I allowed to see other offers? I am on 2 other waitlists and would really like to know the results before I accept any offer especially since I only have 2 weeks to respond.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, does anyone know if we accept the offer if it is binding, or am I allowed to see other offers? I am on 2 other waitlists and would really like to know the results before I accept any offer especially since I only have 2 weeks to respond.

Thanks!
You can accept the offer : it is your only acceptance at this point in time. Accept within the time frame given you by the school.
I don't know if you are a Texan or OOS applicant, but my answer would be basically the same.

If you are later made an offer from one of your WLs, consider it and decide whether you prefer it to what you already have.
If you choose to accept a new offer, you would need to next withdraw from your current class position.

You can accept the offer : it is your only acceptance at this point in time. Accept within the time frame given you by the school.
I don't know if you are a Texan or OOS applicant, but my answer would be basically the same.

If you are later made an offer from one of your WLs, consider it and decide whether you prefer it to what you already have.
If you choose to accept a new offer, you would need to next withdraw from your current class position.
I am a Texan. Thank you so much for the info!

Not actually sure, but hopefully we will have one! I think we will probably have a FB page set up though. If no one starts a group me within the next couple of days, then I'll try to summon up the courage to make us one haha. (Or you could too lol)
Did you summon up that courage to make the GroupMe (lol)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I made a group me for anyone who matched here and wants to get to know each other until there's an official group me, facebook, or something else. Here's the link:

Hey man, keep your head up! Good news coming your way too, just be patient <3 sending you positive vibes, relax this weekend and don't stress out!
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I received an email stating I was on the Alternate List today. Does anyone know if this is the same as the general waitlist, or if it is a smaller pool of applicants considered 'next in line'?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I received an email stating I was on the Alternate List today. Does anyone know if this is the same as the general waitlist, or if it is a smaller pool of applicants considered 'next in line'?
I believe it is the same as the general waitlist (ie. everyone who interviewed that didn't already get matched to PLFSOM/a school they ranked higher)

best of luck, hope you get the school you want 🤞

How much does this school care about CASPER?