You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas Tech, El Paso (Foster)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Everyone that interviews here receives this letter.For those who interviewed, did everyone receive a letter thanking them for interviewing? Kind of interesting and unexpected to see.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
Just prematched!Anyone hear back today yet?
little_penguin
Full Member
Pre-matched!!! So grateful 😭❤️
Pre-matched as well!! Feeling so blessed!
eggiman
New Member
Congrats! Do they call or just e-mail?Just prematched!
thefinalletter123
Full Member
Anyone OOS heard back?
classydolphin
Full Member
I just prematched. If I accept the offer on their admissions portal, is it binding in that I cannot accept other offers from different schools? Super paranoid cause I love this school but have to take other people into account for my final decision. Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone prematching and getting IIs!
Congratulations!I just prematched. If I accept the offer on their admissions portal, is it binding in that I cannot accept other offers from different schools? Super paranoid cause I love this school but have to take other people into account for my final decision. Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone prematching and getting IIs!
You may accept any and all offers without them being binding right now or hurting your chances at other interviews or offers.
Later on make your decisions and rank all schools where you have interviewed in your true order of preference by Friday, Feb 18.
II, complete Mid-July !!!
What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
texaspremed45
Full Member
II today! Complete mid September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1119674
II today! Completed in July 😃
Just Prematched, so excited!!!
Yammile Vargas
New Member
Congratulations!!!! If you don’t mind, could you share your stats and when you were interviewed?Just Prematched, so excited!!!
Congrats ! You hit the ball out of the ball park ! You're good for the rest of the cycle.Just Prematched, so excited!!!
thatonegrrl
Full Member
Congratulations!
You may accept any and all offers without them being binding right now or hurting your chances at other interviews or offers.
Later on make your decisions and rank all schools where you have interviewed in your true order of preference by Friday, Feb 18.
I was concerned about this too, especially as an OOS applicant, I was not sure if the rules were different for us than for IS. I confirmed with one of the mods on the TMDSAS Facebook page that you can accept all pre-match offers to any school you are genuinely interested in. This was not especially clear in the materials and I was terrified of losing both if I accepted the TTUHSC Foster offer when I already had another TX school A in hand.
thatonegrrl
Full Member
Pre-matched w/ cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.8 and 513 MCATWhat are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
OOS, but with strong ties to the region
sufjanstan
New Member
Is there a way to schedule a formal tour of campus (I pre-matched if that helps) or not because of covid?
There was mention of just that one day every month. They sent out an email for an upcoming tour day on December 14th, with a survey to RSVP. Perhaps you can email them back, to receive that link.
D
deleted1119710
II today, completed late August. Available days: 1/13 and 1/20
II today, Available days: 1/6, 1/20, 1/27. Completed July 10
imconfusedthiscycle
Full Member
when there is a groupme for the upcoming class can someone add me lol
premedcookielover
Full Member
II today. Completed 7/2. 2/10 and 2/17 dates available.
Patient2Doctor
New Member
Congrats! IS or OOS?Accepted! Submitted late August, interviewed 1/6
D
deleted1119710
Just prematched. Interviewed 1/13/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1119674
I pre-matched last month!!! CONGRATS 😀Just prematched. Interviewed 1/13/22
D
deleted1119710
Thank you, congrats 🎉🎈 to you too! This school really impressed me with the interview!!!I pre-matched last month!!! CONGRATS 😀
D
deleted1119674
We're going to be classmates!!! 😀Thank you, congrats 🎉🎈 to you too! This school really impressed me with the interview!!!
DRJRaney
New Member
Also received a II today! Interviewing February 10th! Can I PM anyone that has been accepted to learn more about their interview process? I also interviewed at UTSW back in October but I have a feeling TTU El Paso will have a very different interview style.
@wysdoc Do you have any insight?
@wysdoc Do you have any insight?
It’s two traditional 1on 1 interviews and most people said they also enjoyed the presentations on interview day.Also received a II today! Interviewing February 10th! Can I PM anyone that has been accepted to learn more about their interview process? I also interviewed at UTSW back in October but I have a feeling TTU El Paso will have a very different interview style.
@wysdoc Do you have any insight?
DRJRaney
New Member
Thank you very much!It’s two traditional 1on 1 interviews and most people said they also enjoyed the presentations on interview day.
premedcookielover
Full Member
Does anyone know if the school has any pre-interview day events, such as talking with current students or anything like that
Wednesday night (8-9P MT) is a "night before" event that several current students attend to answer questions.Does anyone know if the school has any pre-interview day events, such as talking with current students or anything like that
There is also a student panel on the day of the interview once everyone's done, I believe it starts at 1P MT?
Neither of these events have any impact on your interview results, and I believe most students answer questions honestly.
Thank you. ISCongrats! IS or OOS?
sufjanstan
New Member
If there are any current PLFSOM students on this thread, I would really appreciate a list of pros and cons/general thoughts about how happy you are. Currently trying to decide between here and one other school and I have no clue what I’m gonna do yet :’)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lamartinez04
New Member
Hi!
I turned in my secondary app back in July and have been waiting to hear back regarding interviews. I know the last date for interviews is Feb 17th (next week), but I also haven't gotten an email saying my application was rejected. Does anyone know if they are still screening applications and inviting students for interviews?
App Info:
Biomedical Engineering - Texas A&M University
GPA: 3.95
BCPM GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 504
I turned in my secondary app back in July and have been waiting to hear back regarding interviews. I know the last date for interviews is Feb 17th (next week), but I also haven't gotten an email saying my application was rejected. Does anyone know if they are still screening applications and inviting students for interviews?
App Info:
Biomedical Engineering - Texas A&M University
GPA: 3.95
BCPM GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 504
The last time I saw someone announce an interview invitation was Jan 27, and their interview date will be Feb 17th.Hi!
I turned in my secondary app back in July and have been waiting to hear back regarding interviews. I know the last date for interviews is Feb 17th (next week), but I also haven't gotten an email saying my application was rejected. Does anyone know if they are still screening applications and inviting students for interviews?
App Info:
Biomedical Engineering - Texas A&M University
GPA: 3.95
BCPM GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 504
They also look at CASPer before deciding on interviews, in case you didn't do that test.
Did anyone else get the eRaider account creation and meningitis immunization emails from TTUHSC? Does it mean anything or is it just standard and sent to anyone affiliated with their system in some way?
I think those got sent out to almost everyone in past cycles too, so unfortunately I don't think it's a hint that you matched.Did anyone else get the eRaider account creation and meningitis immunization emails from TTUHSC? Does it mean anything or is it just standard and sent to anyone affiliated with their system in some way?
But you might! Good luck!
I saw this on the TTU El Paso Facebook page today - pretty cute. You can be a med student and still Catch Em All!