2021-2022 Texas Tech, El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today. OOS ORM, complete 8/6. Scheduled for later this month!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who interviewed, did everyone receive a letter thanking them for interviewing? Kind of interesting and unexpected to see.
Everyone that interviews here receives this letter.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now, complete 6/6! Interviewing 10/14

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-matched as well!! Feeling so blessed!

Reactions: 4 users
Prematched today! Looking forward to continuing my journey soon!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just prematched. If I accept the offer on their admissions portal, is it binding in that I cannot accept other offers from different schools? Super paranoid cause I love this school but have to take other people into account for my final decision. Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone prematching and getting IIs!

I just prematched. If I accept the offer on their admissions portal, is it binding in that I cannot accept other offers from different schools? Super paranoid cause I love this school but have to take other people into account for my final decision. Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone prematching and getting IIs!
Congratulations!
You may accept any and all offers without them being binding right now or hurting your chances at other interviews or offers.
Later on make your decisions and rank all schools where you have interviewed in your true order of preference by Friday, Feb 18.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?

Congratulations!
You may accept any and all offers without them being binding right now or hurting your chances at other interviews or offers.
Later on make your decisions and rank all schools where you have interviewed in your true order of preference by Friday, Feb 18.

I was concerned about this too, especially as an OOS applicant, I was not sure if the rules were different for us than for IS. I confirmed with one of the mods on the TMDSAS Facebook page that you can accept all pre-match offers to any school you are genuinely interested in. This was not especially clear in the materials and I was terrified of losing both if I accepted the TTUHSC Foster offer when I already had another TX school A in hand.

What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
Pre-matched w/ cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.8 and 513 MCAT

OOS, but with strong ties to the region

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a way to schedule a formal tour of campus (I pre-matched if that helps) or not because of covid?

There was mention of just that one day every month. They sent out an email for an upcoming tour day on December 14th, with a survey to RSVP. Perhaps you can email them back, to receive that link.

II today, completed late August. Available days: 1/13 and 1/20

Reactions: 3 users
II today, Available days: 1/6, 1/20, 1/27. Completed July 10

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Submitted late August, interviewed 1/6

Reactions: 5 users
II today! The dates available were 2/10 and 2/17!

Also received a II today! Interviewing February 10th! Can I PM anyone that has been accepted to learn more about their interview process? I also interviewed at UTSW back in October but I have a feeling TTU El Paso will have a very different interview style.

@wysdoc Do you have any insight?

Also received a II today! Interviewing February 10th! Can I PM anyone that has been accepted to learn more about their interview process? I also interviewed at UTSW back in October but I have a feeling TTU El Paso will have a very different interview style.

@wysdoc Do you have any insight?
It’s two traditional 1on 1 interviews and most people said they also enjoyed the presentations on interview day.

Does anyone know if the school has any pre-interview day events, such as talking with current students or anything like that

Does anyone know if the school has any pre-interview day events, such as talking with current students or anything like that
Wednesday night (8-9P MT) is a "night before" event that several current students attend to answer questions.
There is also a student panel on the day of the interview once everyone's done, I believe it starts at 1P MT?

Neither of these events have any impact on your interview results, and I believe most students answer questions honestly.

IS II just received. Interview date 2/17

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
If there are any current PLFSOM students on this thread, I would really appreciate a list of pros and cons/general thoughts about how happy you are. Currently trying to decide between here and one other school and I have no clue what I’m gonna do yet :’)

Reactions: 1 users
MS3 here. Feel free to DM with particular questions, or just reply on the thread.

Any accepted people heard anything about scholarships yet? I’m still working on FAFSA. Work just has me soo busy right now, but im doing my very best to get it done asap, as I 100% plan on going here.

Hi!

I turned in my secondary app back in July and have been waiting to hear back regarding interviews. I know the last date for interviews is Feb 17th (next week), but I also haven't gotten an email saying my application was rejected. Does anyone know if they are still screening applications and inviting students for interviews?

App Info:
Biomedical Engineering - Texas A&M University
GPA: 3.95
BCPM GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 504

Hi!

I turned in my secondary app back in July and have been waiting to hear back regarding interviews. I know the last date for interviews is Feb 17th (next week), but I also haven't gotten an email saying my application was rejected. Does anyone know if they are still screening applications and inviting students for interviews?

App Info:
Biomedical Engineering - Texas A&M University
GPA: 3.95
BCPM GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 504
The last time I saw someone announce an interview invitation was Jan 27, and their interview date will be Feb 17th.
They also look at CASPer before deciding on interviews, in case you didn't do that test.

Did anyone else get the eRaider account creation and meningitis immunization emails from TTUHSC? Does it mean anything or is it just standard and sent to anyone affiliated with their system in some way?

Did anyone else get the eRaider account creation and meningitis immunization emails from TTUHSC? Does it mean anything or is it just standard and sent to anyone affiliated with their system in some way?
I think those got sent out to almost everyone in past cycles too, so unfortunately I don't think it's a hint that you matched.
But you might! Good luck!

I saw this on the TTU El Paso Facebook page today - pretty cute. You can be a med student and still Catch Em All!

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.52.07 AM.png